Anyone attending CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SAK

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at CCOM on January 7th and met some very nice people. I would be curious to see if anyone from that interview date (or anyone else, for that matter) has decided to attend. Never too early to start meeting people. GO BRONCOS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!
I'm planning on attending CCOM as well. I've heard nothing but positives about the school and especially their clinical years and beyond. I know they are affiliated with Olympia Fields Osteopathic Hospital and with Cook County Hosp. There should be no lack of exposure to all settings for medicine(city,suburb). Danny

[This message has been edited by danny (edited 01-31-99).]

Hey SAK,

Its nice to hear from another about CCOM. I am like Danny in that I feel it is going to be a great school to attend. I had a similar problem as you in that I was trying to decide between CCOM and LECOM, which is a very young school as well. I had a lot of advice and input, and did some major soul searching before I finally decided on CCOM. I really feel I made the right decision. A few things you might want to consider is CCOM's reputation and networking. If you are like me, I was trying to stay away from that but lets face it, it is needed. CCOM has been around for so long that it has a large networking base and reputation that residencies will recognize. It also is affiliated with hospitals in a large city. THis gives you ample amount of chances to see many different patients and problems. Great learning atmosphere. LECOM showed me a lot and I felt they were really striving to make strong doctors, but I ultimately decided on CCOM. You have to think that by being an osteopathic physician, you are already at a disadvantage in the eyes of many (although we would strongly disagree). By going to a younger school you might be at an even stronger disadvantage. I'm not an expert about it but these were some of the thoughts that crossed my mind. But, like I said it was a very difficult decision for me. Let us know what you decide.

Josh