2023-2024 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get an II after receiving the email asking for an update?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how long the interviews normally last? all I have right now is the email saying that it should conclude early afternoon, but I'm hoping for a more specific time

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how long the interviews normally last? all I have right now is the email saying that it should conclude early afternoon, but I'm hoping for a more specific time
i interviewed in person yesterday and we were done a little bit after 1 pm! there’s an info/Q&A session first and then individual interviews were between 9:30-12:30, but you only have a half hour slot so there’s a lot of waiting around. they do provide lunch though and have current students there to answer questions during that time! there was a tour 12:30-1 and then a quick wrap up

pre-II R, taking some fat L's today but we move forward

Reactions: 1 users
don't worry - you both have got this! I too have had my share of lumps and Pre-II Rs.... it is just part of the process.... inflict maximum pain and see if we get back off the mat. This cycle I have four acceptances, including here, but full disclosure, this is my FOURTH cycle. So if you persevere, you can get in.... period!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
My app was completed October but i haven't heard back since then
Anyone else in the same boat? Also I didn't get the email saying that "still being considered, send updates" which was being discussed above. I still sent an update tho about a new job that i got
Is there still hope for an II?

hi i’m just curious for ppl who go here or wanna go here, how do u justify the cost? what makes u pick this school over other DOs when here you’re paying 20k more a year (compared to most other DOs).. is the cost worth it.. just trying to understand better if i’m missing something. are ppl taking out the whole amount in loans or using other methods? are there even scholarships for this school bc the scholarship link says “site not found” for me

hi i’m just curious for ppl who go here or wanna go here, how do u justify the cost? what makes u pick this school over other DOs when here you’re paying 20k more a year (compared to most other DOs).. is the cost worth it.. just trying to understand better if i’m missing something. are ppl taking out the whole amount in loans or using other methods? are there even scholarships for this school bc the scholarship link says “site not found” for me
The location is nice, rotations seem good, good placement into chicagoland residencies, the patagonia looks nice. You do seem to get a lotta richer kids going here (tbh, thats the background of most med students for a multitude of reasons) but they also seem to be relying on loans.

I graduated 4 years ago and chose CCOM for location alone. I don't think the cost is worth it, but the location justified my decision. It's expensive and my loans are high, but ultimately I'll be fine as I'm in a subspecialized field.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students group chat? Thanks!

ahh okay congrats! i was just wondering if they were sending out more A’s right now

OOS A, complete 9/18, II 2/8, A on 3/6 via email.

oos a - interviewed 2/14, received acceptance email just now.

OOS A!!! crying screaming throwing up... does anyone understand how the matriculation form owkrs ?

to anyone wondering about Feb interviews. Got my first A interviewed 2/16

so where do most ccom students end up living? do people actually stay on campus or find apts around the area?

OOS A on 03/06! Completed 01/30, II 02/23. So excited!!

To those who sent an updated letter after the email, did you guys have big updates? I have no idea what to include

To those who sent an updated letter after the email, did you guys have big updates? I have no idea what to include
At this point it's a hail mary imo, I just included some new volunteering I've done and mentioned how it connects to the school's values

At this point it's a hail mary imo, I just included some new volunteering I've done and mentioned how it connects to the school's values

That’s what I thought. I have fortunately been accepted to other schools early on in the process, so I have been relaxing and traveling a ton. I just received this update email yesterday and I wanted to see what others did/if it would even be worth sending one

Thanks for the help!

That’s what I thought. I have fortunately been accepted to other schools early on in the process, so I have been relaxing and traveling a ton. I just received this update email yesterday and I wanted to see what others did/if it would even be worth sending one

Thanks for the help!
if you look at both the CCOM 2022/2021 threads, the mid march interview is the last interview where As are given out post interview. People interviewing in the late march to mid april interview slots are WL'd and then taken off given space in the class. ymmv.

OOS II this morning! LM 66, complete 08/09/23. Will be withdrawing though, good luck!!

OOS II, LM 68. I will withdraw it, hope it goes to you!

Do they send the email requesting updates to everyone? Or just applicants they're highly interested in? Seems like many people here who got the update request email in feb got IIs. I got the update request email a few days ago.