2023-2024 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send the email requesting updates to everyone? Or just applicants they're highly interested in? Seems like many people here who got the update request email in feb got IIs. I got the update request email a few days ago.
I got an email requesting an update in February but have yet to receive an II. I sent them an update the same day they emailed me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send the email requesting updates to everyone? Or just applicants they're highly interested in? Seems like many people here who got the update request email in feb got IIs. I got the update request email a few days ago.
only n=1 but I got an update request in January and did not get an II

I didn’t get an update request but sent an update on a Friday and got II on that Monday… think it’s good to remind them you’re still there and interested

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have interviewed what was the interview day like?
It was a very chill, traditional interview!! Make sure you know your own resume well. It was the most comfortable interview for me out of the 7 interviews I did!

OOS II on April 11 but it's so far out, i don't feel too happy about it :') got the email while i was at work and missed my chance to sign up for earlier slots

OOS II on April 11 but it's so far out, i don't feel too happy about it :') got the email while i was at work and missed my chance to sign up for earlier slots
as i mentioned earlier - 100% of the IIs from april onwards at CCOM get WL'd or R in the last 3 years of threads. probably good to keep a reasonable outcome in mind

as i mentioned earlier - 100% of the IIs from april onwards at CCOM get WL'd or R in the last 3 years of threads. probably good to keep a reasonable outcome in mind
thats not true at all. i interviewed in june (last date) and got in without being put on the WL. there's at least 5 people that interviewed that same day and got in too.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed last April and I’m currently a M1! :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those who interviewed virtually, around what time does the interview day end? On the interview confirmation email it said it would end around early afternoon and I am trying to request some hours off for work! Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed virtually, around what time does the interview day end? On the interview confirmation email it said it would end around early afternoon and I am trying to request some hours off for work! Thanks in advance :)
You end with the med student panel 12:30 to 1!

Quick question what is the day like?
Interview day starts with a quick presentation from the dean they talk about CCOM, rotation sites, etc. Then interviews go into 30 minute rounds, you kind of wait until your time. Usually it’s with a faculty member and a fourth year med student. You end with lunch student panel of first and second years ( kind of a QA) with a campus tour! Usually ends around 1:30

Did you interview in person or online? I am not sure which one gives a better chance of getting an acceptance so late in the cycle...
If this type of thing made a difference(which it most likely does NOT), obviously in person would look better…. That said, it literally doesn’t matter unless you’re in the same state/city as the school and you choose virtual over in person.

Did you interview in person or online? I am not sure which one gives a better chance of getting an acceptance so late in the cycle...
Last year there was no in person interviews, everyone was online!

+1 II yesterday! Completed my secondary on 02/04. Are online or in-person interviews better?

i interviewed in person yesterday and we were done a little bit after 1 pm! there’s an info/Q&A session first and then individual interviews were between 9:30-12:30, but you only have a half hour slot so there’s a lot of waiting around. they do provide lunch though and have current students there to answer questions during that time! there was a tour 12:30-1 and then a quick wrap up
Is lunch after your interview? Or does it depend on what interview slot you get?

Hi does anyone know the correct way to withdraw my acceptance?

How many candidates are generally in the zoom call per interview day? I signed up for virtual interview tomorrow 8 am, received II OOS on 3/25.

Does anyone know about the scholarship opportunities within the school?

those of you who got acceptances, how long after the interview did you hear back?

withdrew my app bc i cant justify the cost of attendance...good luck everyone!!!

How is the waitlist movement here?

Do ppl bring parents to the in person interview
I’m bringing my mom and will ask if she can somehow tour the campus while I’m interviewing. Worth a shot.

I’m bringing my mom and will ask if she can somehow tour the campus while I’m interviewing. Worth a shot.
There were two parents present for the entirety of the day when I went. Didn't seem to be an issue.

Withdrawing my OOS A here, best of luck to everyone