Anyone decided on arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maisuree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone decided to go to arizona? What made you decide to go there?

Members don't see this ad.

maisuree said:
Anyone decided to go to arizona? What made you decide to go there?

Yep, Arizona is where I'm going! What really made my decision for me were the cookies, chips, and water they had waiting outside the interview room. Actually it was probably just the water that made me realize that this was a school that isn't messing around!

The other things that helped me with my decision were (not in any particular order:
1. Location
2. Class size
3. New (and very nice) clinic
4. Arizona is a place I would consider living after graduation
5. I like the module program
6. Taking first national board after first year
7. Technologically advanced (paperless office, remote mice!, new sim labs, all textbooks, course work, powerpoint presentations....etc...are on a mandatory laptop).
8. Faculty/Students all seemed really down to earth and fun.
9. New program, but ATSU has been around for quite some time so I'm not worried about the school up and disapearing.

Probably some more that I'm just not thinking about at this time, but like I said earlier, it was really the water that made my decision, so if you didn't have any at your interview I can understand your confussion on this issue.

Lostinbul said:
Yep, Arizona is where I'm going! What really made my decision for me were the cookies, chips, and water they had waiting outside the interview room. Actually it was probably just the water that made me realize that this was a school that isn't messing around!

Probably some more that I'm just not thinking about at this time, but like I said earlier, it was really the water that made my decision, so if you didn't have any at your interview I can understand your confussion on this issue.

!!Man its all about the cookies!!
ASDOH 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
Lostinbul said:

The other things that helped me with my decision were (not in any particular order:
1. Location
2. Class size
7. Technologically advanced (paperless office, remote mice!, new sim labs, all textbooks, course work, powerpoint presentations....etc...are on a mandatory laptop).
9. New program, but ATSU has been around for quite some time so I'm not worried about the school up and disapearing.

I also found the water to be the one thing that sealed the deal for me. ;)

Lostinbul said:

1. Location
2. Class size

Forgot the most important reason, it's one of only two choices you actually had.

djktennis said:
Forgot the most important reason, it's one of only two choices you actually had.

Hey, am I supposed to feel bad because I "ONLY" got accepted to two of the schools I applied to? It sounds to me like SOMEONE needs a hug!!!!! Come here you little self esteme deprived little cutie!!!! MUHA MUHA....(Sending some kisses your way so you won't feel left out on our fun little thread).

Now go home and look at all your acceptance letters and tell yourself (while looking in the mirror), I AM IMPORTANT, EVERYONE DOES LOVE ME..etc.

klfb80 said:
I also found the water to be the one thing that sealed the deal for me. ;)

I knew it!!!! You must have had some of the same batch as me!! One drink and there was no turning back.

JMoney said:
!!Man its all about the cookies!!
ASDOH 2010

JMoney, I'm sure you are totally right, the thing is that over the whole application process I've gained a little weight (stress does it to me) and my wife told me if I expected her to come with me to dental school I would have to lose the pounds! Due to this situation I unfortunatly didn't partake of the cookies therefore don't have the experience to agree or disagree with you.

there has to many more SDNers that are going to attend Arizona, right? Where are you peeps at meet your fellow classmates.

Anyone know what type of computer we will be getting?? It better be kick a$$ for the money we will be shelling out. Is the dress code scrubs everyday? I hope so, it will cut down on the laundry!!

Jason

Hey guys about 2 weeks after I sent my deposit the IT department at AT Still sent me my new email and acess to the atsu website with all student info. So I already get the emails that are sent out to the current student and get to see a little of whats going on. I also have acess to blackboard with some cool stuff on it as well. On the website that have a link to Dell that has the computer we will be purchasing. It's no to bad but I want to know if we can upgrade anything on it or if they want everyone to have the same exact one. Anyway lets start PMing eachother and getting to know alittle about eachother as JMoney has already started.

What up JMoney