8/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
Application complete date: 8/13
GPA: sGPA: 3.60; Overall: 3.73
DAT: 19 AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT
Method of interview: In Person

Got a little confused how the earliest interview date is March 4th (what I chose) and that there are two other possible slots in march I could have chose. I thought they accidentally sent me a link to last year's interview availability but after reading this thread, I guess not.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, got a waitlist for interview w/o sending out my secondary essay.... Anyone knows what's going on?

Waitlist for Interview #1
Notification date:
Aug 22
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/18
Application complete date: 08/16
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.62; Overall: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 18 TS, 23 PAT, 25 RC

Guys, got a waitlist for interview w/o sending out my secondary essay.... Anyone knows what's going on?

Waitlist for Interview #1
Notification date:
Aug 22
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/18
Application complete date: 08/16
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.62; Overall: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 18 TS, 23 PAT, 25 RC
did you retake dat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I only took once

Interview #1
Notification date:
July 13
Method of notification: E-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: July 8
Application complete date: July 13
GPA (science, overall): 3.47,3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/23/no
Method of interview:In-Person (10/26)

Anyone interviewing September 7th? DM me!

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an interview offer and the only day available is at the end of March! Is anyone else seeing interview offers only this late? I am worried that by the time I interview, all of the program's seats will be full already.

I just received an interview offer and the only day available is at the end of March! Is anyone else seeing interview offers only this late? I am worried that by the time I interview, all of the program's seats will be full already.

Yeah I saw that it’s only March now everything else is booked

So the way they are doing interview slots is by having people choose their times and dates. This means anyone who got invited to an interview in like June or July got availability for this fall/winter. Meanwhile, people like me who received an invite mid-August have MUCH later available slots to work with. Mine is at the beginning of March. BUT The only accepts a chunk of people who are interviewing in the next couple months then they will take another chunk who are interviewing next year so they won't fill up their seats entirely until they have interviewed everyone they invited. That wouldn't be fair lol.

So the way they are doing interview slots is by having people choose their times and dates. This means anyone who got invited to an interview in like June or July got availability for this fall/winter. Meanwhile, people like me who received an invite mid-August have MUCH later available slots to work with. Mine is at the beginning of March. BUT The only accepts a chunk of people who are interviewing in the next couple months then they will take another chunk who are interviewing next year so they won't fill up their seats entirely until they have interviewed everyone they invited. That wouldn't be fair lol.
if this is true, they are the only school in the country that does this...

if this is true, they are the only school in the country that does this...
Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird too, first school that I have had this experience with.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird too, first school that I have had this experience with.
so someone who works in admissions at the school told you this?

Members don't see this ad :)
so someone who works in admissions at the school told you this?
I did call them up and ask and they told me all earlier slots to choose from were taken already. I also followed this thread and figured out this school allows us to choose our interview dates. I could've chosen a later date in March if I wanted to.

I did call them up and ask and they told me all earlier slots to choose from were taken already. I also followed this thread and figured out this school allows us to choose our interview dates. I could've chosen a later date in March if I wanted to.
so no one at the school told you, "they won't fill up their seats entirely until they have interviewed everyone they invited"?

Reactions: 1 users
so no one at the school told you, "they won't fill up their seats entirely until they have interviewed everyone they invited"?
Oh! That's what u meant, no I didn't ask about that. But I do know that dental schools (obviously not all) keep sending invites to interviews and accepting people until their class is full.

Last edited:
Oh! That's what u meant, no I didn't ask about that. But I do know that dental schools (obviously not all) keep sending invites to interviews and accepting people until their class is full.
I guess I was under the assumption that they will fill their class with acceptances on the 15th and then keep interviewing to fill the spots of anyone that declines. Not that they save spots for later interview dates since it's rolling interview status.

I guess I was under the assumption that they will fill their class with acceptances on the 15th and then keep interviewing to fill the spots of anyone that declines. Not that they save spots for later interview dates since it's rolling interview status.
I think I worded the end of my first response incorrectly. What I meant was that some schools with later interviews (like March) have you interviewing for a waitlist or for a seat anyone declines. You will be interviewed but what varies is what the school is gonna set your status as. For a rolling admissions school, they may have close to the entire class filled by the first round of acceptances in December and then continue accepting throughout the rest of the cycle but that doesn't guarantee u will be interviewing with the class not filled yet; it could very well be completely filled at that time.

Not sure of there are any dental schools that do block interviews/acceptances based on when you applied but I think I was referencing that kind of process bc that has happened in med schools.

you shouldn't write things as truth that you don't know are true...

I think I worded the end of my first response incorrectly. What I meant was that some schools with later interviews (like March) have you interviewing for a waitlist or for a seat anyone declines. You will be interviewed but what varies is what the school is gonna set your status as. For a rolling admissions school, they may have close to the entire class filled by the first round of acceptances in December and then continue accepting throughout the rest of the cycle but that doesn't guarantee u will be interviewing with the class not filled yet; it could very well be completely filled at that time.

Not sure of there are any dental schools that do block interviews/acceptances based on when you applied but I think I was referencing that kind of process bc that has happened in med schools.
all dental schools operate on rolling admissions
just because med schools do it doesn't mean that dental schools do...

I had been on the interview waitlist since 7/22 and haven't heard from them since then. Do you guys think writing a letter of interest would help?

I had been on the interview waitlist since 7/22 and haven't heard from them since then. Do you guys think writing a letter of interest would help?
Call and ask why you were put on the waitlist, listen to what they say, then do something with your application that gives them a reason to pull off the waitlist. Hope this helps!

• Dislike
Call and ask why you were put on the waitlist, listen to what they say, then do something with your application that gives them a reason to pull off the waitlist. Hope this helps!
Thanks

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/31
Application complete date: 10/03
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.98 (Masters) // Undergrad: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 18 RC, No
Interview Date: 10/17

Last edited:
Does anybody have an interview here January/Feb? It seems like all the interviews are preDecember or March

Interview #3
Notification date: 09/23
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/20
Application complete date: 9/15
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.97 Overall: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21TS, 19 PAT, 18 RC, 16-QR
Interview date: 01/25

Interview #3
Notification date: 09/23
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/20
Application complete date: 9/15
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.97 Overall: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21TS, 19 PAT, 18 RC, 16-QR
Interview date: 01/25
Were you waitlisted prior to being invited for the interview?

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/31
Application complete date: 10/03
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.98 (Masters) // Undergrad: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 18 RC, No
Interview Date: 10/17
Were there earlier slots to choose from prior to March next year when u chose ur interview date? I got invited in August and the earliest slot I could choose was March 4th next year.

Were there earlier slots to choose from prior to March next year when u chose ur interview date? I got invited in August and the earliest slot I could choose was March 4th next year.
I was initially scheduled for March 26, 2024 but was religiously monitoring the portal to find an open date. If you monitor the interview invite portal, you might be able to find an earlier day in case someone cancels. They did say that once November hits, it is less likely for interview cancellations from other candidates and better chance for interview rescheduling after Dec 15.

They told us at a meeting in July that they were booked out till December so I think you would have to look out for cancellations. We had two in my group/ for my date.

Just checked the portal and I am allowed to schedule an interview. Last I heard, I was waitlisted. Super excited! However, there are no dates available to schedule. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hello all,

I am interviewing at MWU-AZ in December. Does anybody who has interviewed care to share the style of the interview? I have heard it is similart to MMI? However I see both group and one-on-one on SDN. Thank you in advance!

Hello all,

I am interviewing at MWU-AZ in December. Does anybody who has interviewed care to share the style of the interview? I have heard it is similart to MMI? However I see both group and one-on-one on SDN. Thank you in advance!
My interview (11/9/23) was 2 faculty with 1 applicant and it lasted about 20 minutes.

Reactions: 2 users
There’s a slot available now for Nov 30th if anyone wants it!
I had to cancel mine

For those who’ve interviewed before, is the interview open or closed file? “Regular” interview questions or “random/hypothetical scenarios” type?
My interview is coming and kinda nervous.

For those who’ve interviewed before, is the interview open or closed file? “Regular” interview questions or “random/hypothetical scenarios” type?
My interviewer said its closed file but she does have access to the application if needed. In terms of question type, its a combination of regular normal interview questions as well as situational scenarios question type.

Closed interview. Tbh random questions, some situational, some social / ethical.

My interviewer said its closed file but she does have access to the application if needed. In terms of question type, its a combination of regular normal interview questions as well as situational scenarios question type.
Thank you!

Closed interview. Tbh random questions, some situational, some social / ethical.
Thank you! I tend to prefer situational questions to the standard interview questions honestly.

There is still hope guys! 😂 They fixed the portal thing