Anyone else still waiting on UNECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karine04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed there on 12/9 and they told us that we'd hear back by mid-January due to the holidays, etc. The "accepted" thread hasn't had any UNECOM action since the end of November. I communicated with Lisa Lane about 2 weeks ago and she said that she was meeting with the dean on Jan. 5 and hopefully, letters would go out shortly after that. Just wondering if anyone else is waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 12/11 and was also told to expect a reply by mid-January. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I might give them a call. Sure wonder what's taking them so long.

Do you have any idea as to what percentage of those interviewed they are taking at this stage? All I know is that overall they are interviewing about 600 to fill a class of 120.

I know it is difficult to wait... but don't read into it too much.

They could be waiting for more interviews before the adcom meets, that is prob why they said mid Jan.

Good luck.. I hope you have some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
docbill said:
I know it is difficult to wait... but don't read into it too much.

They could be waiting for more interviews before the adcom meets, that is prob why they said mid Jan.

Good luck.. I hope you have some good news soon.

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could just hang in there and wait a little longer, but I've been accepted to NYCOM and need to put in a deposit by next Friday (the 21st) or else I'll lose a place in the class. This makes it difficult...plus I really liked both NYCOM and UNECOM and I have NO idea how I'm going to choose, if I do get into UNECOM. Argh!

Im in the exact same situation as you Karine.

I interviews on 12/7.

I was told that we would hear between today and friday. But we will see what happens.

Im alittle dissapointed that the school is taking so long, Youd think that they would lose potential students to other schools because of this.

I interviewed on 12/9 and got my acceptance letter few days ago. I am still deciding between NYCOM, LECOM and UNECOM (got accepted to all 3). I am leaning towards NYCOM though.
My friend didn't hear from UNECOM so he called and talked to Admissions office. Turns out he is accepted but on hold.
Good luck everyone.

Doc2B-Finally said:
I interviewed on 12/9 and got my acceptance letter few days ago. I am still deciding between NYCOM, LECOM and UNECOM (got accepted to all 3). I am leaning towards NYCOM though.
My friend didn't hear from UNECOM so he called and talked to Admissions office. Turns out he is accepted but on hold.
Good luck everyone.

Just out of curiosity: why are you leaning towards NYCOM over UNECOM? There are pros/cons to both, IMHO, just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter!

Just spoke with Lisa Lane to inquire whether they made a decision. She now tells me that the committee won't be meeting to decide on my application (12/11 interview) until this weekend...maybe. So won't hear back until next week at least.

It really is frustrating that the school is making some of us wait this long. Especially since they had initially told us to expect a reply by now.

I intervewed on 12/11, and still haven't heard anything yet. I spoke to James Gaffney and he said they are going to send out letters to all December interviewees by January 18th the latest. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Karine04 said:
I interviewed there on 12/9 and they told us that we'd hear back by mid-January due to the holidays, etc. The "accepted" thread hasn't had any UNECOM action since the end of November. I communicated with Lisa Lane about 2 weeks ago and she said that she was meeting with the dean on Jan. 5 and hopefully, letters would go out shortly after that. Just wondering if anyone else is waiting!

HEY DO YOU GUYS MIND DESCRIBING AROUND WHERE YOUR GPA'S AND MCATS FELL? SCARED AND CONFUSED :confused:

bellavista said:
HEY DO YOU GUYS MIND DESCRIBING AROUND WHERE YOUR GPA'S AND MCATS FELL? SCARED AND CONFUSED :confused:

why are you scared and confused?

Any out of stater or non east coast applicant heard back from UNECOM yet? My application was complete in September and I haven't heard from them yet. My scores were above average in MCAT, somewhat below in gpa. Thanks

Still no responce, anyone else hear yet that interviewed from december on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from UNECOM who interviewed on 12/11? I'm starting to get nervous... :eek:

mblum151 said:
Has anyone heard back from UNECOM who interviewed on 12/11? I'm starting to get nervous... :eek:

Don't worry, I interviewed 12/9 and STILL haven't heard. I think we all need to chill.

Hey...so, any December people heard back yet? Or am I the only one still miserably waiting (and -$500 that I had to send to NYCOM because UNECOM isn't looking like it's going to happen...)?

I just called and officially declined my acceptance offer at UNECOM...this should open up a spot in the class of 2009. There is no doubt that UNECOM is a solid institution with amazing facilities, faculty, and students but I just couldn't pass up the chance to attend AZCOM.

Although, I will say that UNECOM has got to have one the most beautiful locations of any medical school out there...nestled along the rugged coast of Maine. Good luck.

I interviewed 1/13, heard back today. I am "accepted/space available."

Congrats to all who even got that far with UNECOM!
I haven't gotten an interview with them yet...the only one on my list... and I went to a top 10 liberal arts college 20 minutes away. I thought Maine-ahs looked out for each oth-ah.
Good luck getting off the list! What's the deposit? If it's relatively low then people might just be holding onto a place cause they can for cheap and then leave for a diff't school.

MasterShakeDO said:
I haven't gotten an interview with them yet...the only one on my list... and I went to a top 10 liberal arts college 20 minutes away. I thought Maine-ahs looked out for each oth-ah.
Good luck getting off the list! What's the deposit? If it's relatively low then people might just be holding onto a place cause they can for cheap and then leave for a diff't school.

Which school did you attend? Just curious; I'm a liberal arts person too! (currently a senior at Wellesley)

I'm pretty sure the deposit is $1500, which isn't a paltry sum.

Hanging onto my 'accepted/pending space',
Karen

Hi all. COngrats on the interviews/acceptances at UNECOM so far. Just wondering if anyone knows how full the class is, is anyone who even gets offered interviews now or later is really interviewing for waitlist spots? I hope to be offered an interview, but don't want to get my hopes up. anyone know? Thanks and good luck to you all :luck:
bwt, Karine...I had to do the same thing with NYCOM, i just hope to hear from UNECOM before the next 1000$ is due! :luck:

Karine04 said:
Which school did you attend? Just curious; I'm a liberal arts person too! (currently a senior at Wellesley)

I'm pretty sure the deposit is $1500, which isn't a paltry sum.

Hanging onto my 'accepted/pending space',
Karen

I went to Bowdoin, just hop, skip, and a jump up the coast from Portland.

MasterShakeDO said:
Yo MastershakeDO...I am a Mainer and it was my understanding that all of us got an interview at UNECOM. I dont know if that is a hard and fast rule, an unwritten double secret one maybe. I played that card a little in some correspondances w/ Lisa Lane. I guess it worked because my hair is much more grey these days. Best of luck...I guess I dont feel too bad for you if you interviewed everywhere else...best of luck regardless. :luck: