2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else planning on going to their event in Freeport? Complete 09/28 and no other communication other than the invite to this event.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else planning on going to their event in Freeport? Complete 09/28 and no other communication other than the invite to this event.
Freeport event? I haven't heard anything about that. What is it for?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete since 8/4 and haven’t heard anything. Does anyone know if we are allowed to add LOR if we have worked with a DO recently?

Freeport event? I haven't heard anything about that. What is it for?
Screenshot_20240117_133721_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240117_133744_Gmail.jpg

With no II yet, this subject line got me good, especially since I already received their newsletter earlier in the day.

Last edited:
After failing 2 chemistry courses in undergrad, applying to medical school and receiving no interviews, then completing a 2 year rigorous postbac program, applying to med school a second time and being waitlisted and then not getting in, my father then falling critically ill and passing away, being laid off at two jobs, taking the MCAT again and scoring worse on my fourth attempt (sub 500) and thinking I blew my chances, I applied a third time to just this one school this cycle, complete late in September, received an interview invite…. I can finally say I received an ACCEPTANCE and am going to be a DOCTOR. This is so surreal and I just want to share that you can achieve your dreams and do anything you set your mind to and that setbacks and life challenges make you stronger and to persevere!!!! Don’t let anyone on this forum or in your life tell you not to pursue your dreams, however crazy they may be, or that you don’t have the qualifications. Find your passion in life, pursue it whole heartedly, and it will all fall into place. Don’t ever give up on yourself!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 29 users
After failing 2 chemistry courses in undergrad, applying to medical school and receiving no interviews, then completing a 2 year rigorous postbac program, applying to med school a second time and being waitlisted and then not getting in, my father then falling critically ill and passing away, being laid off at two jobs, taking the MCAT again and scoring worse on my fourth attempt (sub 500) and thinking I blew my chances, I applied a third time to just this one school this cycle, complete late in September, received an interview invite…. I can finally say I received an ACCEPTANCE and am going to be a DOCTOR. This is so surreal and I just want to share that you can achieve your dreams and do anything you set your mind to and that setbacks and life challenges make you stronger and to persevere!!!! Don’t let anyone on this forum or in your life tell you not to pursue your dreams, however crazy they may be, or that you don’t have the qualifications. Find your passion in life, pursue it whole heartedly, and it will all fall into place. Don’t ever give up on yourself!
CONGRATS! Thats amazing! This is an amazing school!

this gave me chills! congratulations. so incredibly well deserved :)

This made me tear up!! I'm soooooo proud of you congratulations <3

Reactions: 2 users
Can a current student please elaborate on what the exam policy's like at UNECOM? Ive read a few different things online and just wanted clarification. Is it really failing a retake exam and you're out?

+1 I can't find a clear concise remediation policy in this year's student handbook 👀 that sounds very strict. Here is all I could find:
  • If the number of re-assessments is excessive, or performance is consistently sub-standard for a particular student, CSP may refuse permission to re-assess and make one of the following recommendations:
  • complete a remedial course approved by the director of the original course, OR
  • repeat the original course when it is next offered, OR
  • repeat the entire academic year, OR
  • dismissal from the college.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 I can't find a clear concise remediation policy in this year's student handbook 👀 that sounds very strict. Here is all I could find:
  • If the number of re-assessments is excessive, or performance is consistently sub-standard for a particular student, CSP may refuse permission to re-assess and make one of the following recommendations:
  • complete a remedial course approved by the director of the original course, OR
  • repeat the original course when it is next offered, OR
  • repeat the entire academic year, OR
  • dismissal from the college.
thats more than I found thank you! Seems pretty standard to other schools. I was just worried since I saw some students mentioning failing a retake could possibly mean getting dismissed (not sure what the numbers are like there though)

thats more than I found thank you! Seems pretty standard to other schools. I was just worried since I saw some students mentioning failing a retake could possibly mean getting dismissed (not sure what the numbers are like there though)
If you fail a retake, then you’re referred to administration for evaluation. I could probably count on one hand the # of people who were held back, and I don’t know of anyone that has been kicked out.

OOS A just now!!! Interviewed 1/9. LM 68.5. Waiting on a few MD decisions but this is my fav DO A so far

• Love
I have my interview coming up soonish and I was wondering if there are any current med students or ppl who have completed their interviews that could help me out with some questions I had? TIA.
When's your interview?

For the current UNE COM students in this forum, how do 4th year rotations work? It seems you're on your own in terms of finding placements? Is it possible to complete all of your 4th year rotations at a singular site?

For any of you wanting some match list info:
Screenshot_20240123_175011_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240123_175020_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240123_175030_Instagram.jpg

(Best viewed via web)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123_175011_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_175011_Instagram.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20240123_175020_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_175020_Instagram.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20240123_175030_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_175030_Instagram.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20240123_174919_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_174919_Instagram.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20240123_174938_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_174938_Instagram.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20240123_174947_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_174947_Instagram.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed a few weeks ago and learned I am on the waitlist. I thought my app and interview were very strong, so I'm feeling pretty bummed out. I suspect that at this point the class is either full or nearly full and they are interviewing people for waitlist spots. I am hopeful the WL will eventually turn into an A. For the past 12 months, my life has been consumed by the application process (MCAT, essays, LORs, interview prep, etc.) and I was really looking forward to getting an A and moving on with my life, but now I am stuck in WL purgatory for possibly several months, FML.

Waitlisted today. Interviewed in early Jan. Hopefully there will be some waitlist movement :)

does UNECOM accept pre-II updates/letters of interest? can't seem to find this info anywhere!

Interviewed a few weeks ago and learned I am on the waitlist. I thought my app and interview were very strong, so I'm feeling pretty bummed out. I suspect that at this point the class is either full or nearly full and they are interviewing people for waitlist spots. I am hopeful the WL will eventually turn into an A. For the past 12 months, my life has been consumed by the application process (MCAT, essays, LORs, interview prep, etc.) and I was really looking forward to getting an A and moving on with my life, but now I am stuck in WL purgatory for possibly several months, FML.
I literally feel the same! I'm currently preparing for another cycle but I'm hoping UNE calls in the Spring. It feels like the work we do isn't enough.... I'm trying hard to keep my motivation up and not lose hope. You shouldn't lose it either!!

Reactions: 3 users
i was on WL and got the A a week later. giving up my A. good luck

Secondary complete 10/20. Still have not heard a word. LM 68.

Any advice for interview day?
Pretty chill, very conversational. They’re required to ask you some standardized questions, but after that it’s a free for all discussion (from my experience). It is 30mins (timer on the screen), so make sure to take control of the convo if there’s like 10 mins or so left to ask questions to your interviewers.

Reactions: 4 users
Had my interview today and I'm very much in love. They were super nice and the conversation flowed so well.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if UNE will take a letter of interest? I want to re-iterate it is my top choice school for this year and provide an update...but I know it says "UNE COM does not accept non-academic" ... thoughts?

Does anyone know if UNE will take a letter of interest? I want to re-iterate it is my top choice school for this year and provide an update...but I know it says "UNE COM does not accept non-academic" ... thoughts ?

Edit - Answered above, my bad. So pre interview letter of I is a no-go

OS Waitlisted today, interviewed 1/24. I personally thought I did very well. 🤡

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
definitely losing all hope for this program 🫤 file completed in June and nothing. this school is in my top choices of all the ones applied to tho so i cant uncross my fingers just yet!!!

Has there been any WL movement yet? Was waitlisted in early October and haven’t heard anything

For those on the waitlist, don’t lose hope! We had movement in the WL for my class up until the last two days of orientation

definitely losing all hope for this program 🫤 file completed in June and nothing. this school is in my top choices of all the ones applied to tho so i cant uncross my fingers just yet!!!
Don’t lose hope yet. From previous year threads, people have interviewed all through March and up until 6-Apr, and been either accepted outright or accepted off wait list. There’s always hope

Don’t lose hope yet. From previous year threads, people have interviewed all through March and up until 6-Apr, and been either accepted outright or accepted off wait list. There’s always hope
ty!!! being a new englander (from nh) during this process is NOT easy with only one DO school in the region, between having to move farther away but also being an OOS student for everyyyyy program! :cryi: i applied to others ofc but i'm hoping to go with the most nearby of the best programs i hear from. ty for the motivation <3