2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ty!!! being a new englander (from nh) during this process is NOT easy with only one DO school in the region, between having to move farther away but also being an OOS student for everyyyyy program! :cryi: i applied to others ofc but i'm hoping to go with the most nearby of the best programs i hear from. ty for the motivation <3
Anytime!!! For the record I'm in the same boat, waiting to hear back for an II or R for a few months. I'm from Canada so it's been tough to get II as well. Hoping you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Just for some reference on my app progress:

II offered 12/11
Interviewed 1/8
A received 1/22

I interviewed in January and got WL but will be withdrawing my application to attend elsewhere

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
omg. II invite today. Complete 10/20. LM 63. OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an upcoming interview that starts at 9:30am ET, how long do their interviews last? I am trying to figure out if I can still make my work shift later that afternoon :lol:

complete in August and haven’t heard anything yet :( sad since this is one of my top schools

OOS A, interviewed on 2/9, LM 68.6. Super quick turn around and really enjoyed the interview experience

Reactions: 3 users
complete in August and haven’t heard anything yet :( sad since this is one of my top schools
same. complete in june, born & raised and did undergrad/grad school in new england, still nothing. this is my 100% top program i would withdraw every other app if they took me! v nerve wracking at this point in the process but im still holding out hopes for their last couple rounds of interviews. i hope u hear soon too!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To the current students / accepted students - did anyone send a LOI after getting waitlisted and feel like it made any difference?

same. complete in june, born & raised and did undergrad/grad school in new england, still nothing. this is my 100% top program i would withdraw every other app if they took me! v nerve wracking at this point in the process but im still holding out hopes for their last couple rounds of interviews. i hope u hear soon too!!!
hope you hear soon as well!! the waiting is excruciating :/

Just withdrew my A here- hoping it goes to one of you deserving people!!

Hi! Are there any current students here that would be willing to answer a couple questions for me?

okay people crunch time. how do i telepathically convince them to interview me. asking for a desperate new englander completed in june. 🥲

Reactions: 6 users
okay people crunch time. how do i telepathically convince them to interview me. asking for a desperate new englander completed in june. 🥲
MA resident here
I’m trying to figure out the same thing 😝
Good luck to you!!! I hope we hear something!

MA resident here
I’m trying to figure out the same thing 😝
Good luck to you!!! I hope we hear something!
you too!!! literally they could waitlist me and take me off the day before classes start and i’d still go there

Reactions: 2 users
Not telepathic but...go to the next in-person open house on March 1st. Introduce yourself to every person you meet on the admissions team. Ask super thoughtful questions and be enthusiastic about everything. Make sure you tell multiple admissions team members that you are a current applicant and you're keeping your fingers crossed for an interview.

I did this with another school and got an interview and acceptance. When they called with the acceptance, they specifically mentioned my presence at their open house event being a factor. It showed them that I was serious about their school and not just blanket applying to dozens of programs.

Reactions: 5 users
Not telepathic but...go to the next in-person open house on March 1st. Introduce yourself to every person you meet on the admissions team. Ask super thoughtful questions and be enthusiastic about everything. Make sure you tell multiple admissions team members that you are a current applicant and you're keeping your fingers crossed for an interview.

I did this with another school and got an interview and acceptance. When they called with the acceptance, they specifically mentioned my presence at their open house event being a factor. It showed them that I was serious about their school and not just blanket applying to dozens of programs.
Thank you so much for posting this! I’m currently WL’ed here and driving 6 hours to go to the open house tomorrow in the vain hope that it may help. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
On average, how long does it usually take for admissions to get back students after an interview around this time?

Just curious because I had my interview today. Also, thank you in advance!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I’m currently WL’ed here and driving 6 hours to go to the open house tomorrow in the vain hope that it may help. Congratulations on your acceptance!
Good luck at the open house today!

does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?? this is my top choice and I have an interview coming up!

Are there any current students that can give a better idea of what the academic schedule looks like at UNECOM? And a breakdown of what a typical week looks like?

Are there any current students that can give a better idea of what the academic schedule looks like at UNECOM? And a breakdown of what a typical week looks like?
This was posted in the facebook - I found it helpful, so thought I would share.
UNECOM Mock Schedule.jpg

Is there a Facebook for accepted students for this year?

If you search for “UNE COM Class of 2028 (Official)”, you should be able to find it. There should be two students who are moderators. Avoid any UNECOM group run by MCATBros

Any current students willing to share or discuss why they ended up choosing une over other do schools? I’m currently trying to decide between atsu, dmu, and une.

Any current students willing to share or discuss why they ended up choosing une over other do schools? I’m currently trying to decide between atsu, dmu, and une.

I’m a current first year at UNECOM and would be willing to talk with you about my path to deciding UNE. I am happy I chose UNE, but I did not apply to atsu or dmu so I can only speak to UNE. Feel free to message me if you want to chat.

Interview - 02/29
A- 03/08

Very quick turnaround from interview to acceptance. So excited to get started!!!! Praying for everyone that is still waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 5 users
Interview - 02/29
A- 03/08

Very quick turnaround from interview to acceptance. So excited to get started!!!! Praying for everyone that is still waiting to hear back :)
Congratulations!! Do you feel comfortable sharing your MCAT/gpa?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview - 02/29
A- 03/08

Congrats! What was the interview like for you??