2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!! Do you feel comfortable sharing your MCAT/gpa?
505 mcat, 3.84 undergrad gpa, 4.0 grad gpa. Canadian applicant

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/28 and I haven't heard anything back. Has anyone that interviewed on 2/28 heard back?

Interviewed on 2/28 and was put on the WL 3/11 and got the A today!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if we’ll be able to eek out a couple more interview invites? are they stopping at the end of march?

Anyone else trying to decide between une and atsu, struggling to decide.

anyone know if we’ll be able to eek out a couple more interview invites? are they stopping at the end of march?
It depends whether they have all of their spots full or not. If all of the spots are full, they won’t be interviewing anymore. And if they have some, they’ll pick from the WL first and then extend interviews.

On UNE’s website, they say that “Interview sessions will be held from September to March and are conducted by invitation only.” It is safe to assume that they might send out one last round of II at some time this week or next week. Or they might just drop this last round as I’m afraid the class is basically full at this point?

On UNE’s website, they say that “Interview sessions will be held from September to March and are conducted by invitation only.” It is safe to assume that they might send out one last round of II at some time this week or next week. Or they might just drop this last round as I’m afraid the class is basically full at this point?
Usually, interviews are sent with a month in advance, I think they have their last set of interviews next week. But never lose hope! A lot of people are still deciding where to go so people might reject their acceptance and that opens up spots. As long as they haven't sent you a rejection letter, you still have a chance. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Usually, interviews are sent with a month in advance, I think they have their last set of interviews next week. But never lose hope! A lot of people are still deciding where to go so people might reject their acceptance and that opens up spots. As long as they haven't sent you a rejection letter, you still have a chance. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply. I do have a question. How did you know they will have their last set of interviews next week? Did they mention anything in the email or their website?

Thank you for your reply. I do have a question. How did you know they will have their last set of interviews next week? Did they mention anything in the email or their website?
Their interviews run from September all the way to March (according to their website). When you receive the interview, they send along an additional email with an info session that happens every Tuesday before the interview and the last schedule session is on March 26. So, assuming by that theoretically they should have completed their interview. If their spots are full, they won't interview anymore, if they still have open spots then they will first pull people from the WL, if then they still have, they will extend interview. Medical schools need to have their seats completely full in order to be accredited.

Their interviews run from September all the way to March (according to their website). When you receive the interview, they send along an additional email with an info session that happens every Tuesday before the interview and the last schedule session is on March 26. So, assuming by that theoretically they should have completed their interview. If their spots are full, they won't interview anymore, if they still have open spots then they will first pull people from the WL, if then they still have, they will extend interview. Medical schools need to have their seats completely full in order to be accredited.
Gotcha! Thank you!

Is anyone able to find the match results from this year?

If you ask admissions by the beginning of April, they should have a list compiled by then. Some notable matches include a few ortho, Pathology at John’s Hopkins, ENT, FM at Stanford.

Gotcha! Thank you!
Last cycle I interviewed on 4/4, WL on 4/25, and stayed on the WL until one week after class started. Each week they would meet and a few students would be accepted off the WL up until July

Last cycle I interviewed on 4/4, WL on 4/25, and stayed on the WL until one week after class started. Each week they would meet and a few students would be accepted off the WL up until July
Wait you got off the waitlist after classes had already started? I would’ve thought that the deadline to be offered an acceptance would be before the start date 😅

so i emailed admissions abt interviews… they said they’re gonna “continue interviewing in the spring semester” and that they’re still sending out invites. i can tell they’re obv being vague on purpose but does anyone with any inside info know how true this is?

so i emailed admissions abt interviews… they said they’re gonna “continue interviewing in the spring semester” and that they’re still sending out invites. i can tell they’re obv being vague on purpose but does anyone with any inside info know how true this is?
Thanks for reaching out and sharing the information though!

Does anyone who is a current student know when the waitlist movement generally happens?