anyone going to university of michigan fall'02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loan dao

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if anyone is going to U of M this yr? if u r drop in a say hi...hows housing coming along? anyway thats all....

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I'll be a D1. I went here as an undergrad so housing wasn't the problem that it could be. I'm living up by the hospital with a friend who'll be an M1. If you have any questions or need any advice about coming to Ann Arbor, lemme know.

Where'd you do your undergrad? And can I assume you're from SoCal?

Hi, I just got off the waitlist last week! That was quite unexpected but it was the best 4th of Jul weekend ever. Anyway, I accepted and will be seeing all of you next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Kacy, any luck yet with the housing stuff I sent you?

Yeah, thanks a lot. I don't have a car or anything. I haven't secured a place yet but I did post an ad that I was looking and people have contacted me. This one landlord was pretty aggressive. She showed me pics of the house. It's really nice but it's in the north campus area. Do you think that would be a good idea? She just signed a law student to live there and the law school is right next to the dental school so I guess it's not that bad. I would have to catch the bus but I don't know how that is. What can you tell me about the bus system? Reliable? What do you think in general? This other student contacted me about a place in Kerrytown. What do you think?

First off, the law school is not right next to the dental school. Basically, on the central campus, the dental school is on the north end and the law school is on the south end. Then there's north campus which is a few miles away. Between central and north is the med school/hospital. I would not reccomend living on north campus, especially if you don't have a car. the bus system here is great though, gets you all over campus and is very efficient. But it has strange hours on the weekend and stops running at 2 am. I just don't like being restricted in what I can do and where I can go because of the bus. Kerrytown is nice though. That area north of central campus is where a lot of grad students generally live and it's pretty quiet. I'd say that you'd be about a 15 min walk from the school in Kerrytown. Let me see if I can find you a map and I'll try to give you a little better perspective of where all this stuff is I've talked about.

ok, so here's a slightly doctored map that I made. The 2 blue buildings are the dental and law schools. The dental school is the one towards the top of the page. In the upper left corner is the Kerrytown district. It's kinda big but if you give me a street name I can help you out more. The upper right is the med school/hospital area. North campus is a large area, between 2 and 3 miles northwest of the hospital. So it's really not that close at all. Be careful with landlords, they're all sketchballs. Also, i don't remember if I mentioned this before, but check with the list of housing that the dental school maintains amongst its students, that might be your best bet.
map.gif