AP Credit for General Physics with Physics Minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

therealones

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I'm new here. Currently a junior math major, and physics/chemistry/biology minor. I took AP Physics in high school a couple years ago, and I'm just realizing now that many dental schools (including one of my top choices, UMDNJ) do not accept AP credit. It didn't occur to me that I should re-take general physics, as I used the credit to take a few upper level physics courses and lab my freshman and sophomore year. I am now 5 credits away from a minor in physics - it just doesn't make sense imo to go back now. The main problem is my schedule will be very packed from now on just so I can graduate on time- I don't really have time to take these extra classes. Just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation or known of any exceptions to this rule (especially for UMDNJ)

Thanks