APPIC Internship Phase II 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else not match =[ I'm so upset

Not sure if this will make you feel better but I legit think there's something funky with the algorithm..How do 75% of people match to one of their top 3 sites?

I know everyone on here will say that's irrational and I know logically it is but I got #4 out of 17 and I'm still hesistant to trust that thing...It may be better to just have straightforward interviews in the PMV.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this will make you feel better but I legit think there's something funky with the algorithm..How do 75% of people match to one of their top 3 sites?

I know everyone on here will say that's irrational and I know logically it is but I got #4 out of 17 and I'm still hesistant to trust that thing...It may be better to just have straightforward interviews in the PMV.
Same, like it seemed so many people matched at their 1-4 in phase I, and I submitted 4 rankings in phase I and didn’t match at all.

Congrats to those who matched today! For those that may not have matched, I fully believe that this algorithm is not any indication of who we are as clinicians! This process sucks, but I wish you all the best of luck in PMV and/or all future endeavors. One day we will look back and this process will mean so much less, but I know in the meantime it probably feels pretty crapy. It does look like there are good sites left in PMV, and I wish there would be less stigma around taking an extra year! I know the past few months have been a whirlwind but keep your head up.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those that didn’t match- I looked at the sites on the PMV list and theres a few places where I interviewed that I ranked very high!!

thank you to everyone for being a source of support through this experience! i have never participated in an online forum before and it was so helpful :) being able to vent and relate to people was much needed and helped me feel a lot less alone

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys!

Was wondering if anyone interviewed at/has heard anything about the National Psychology Training Consortium – Great Lakes Region??

My friend has an interview there in the PMV and was looking for any additional info since the process seems very rushed.

Hey guys!

Was wondering if anyone interviewed at/has heard anything about the National Psychology Training Consortium – Great Lakes Region??

My friend has an interview there in the PMV and was looking for any additional info since the process seems very rushed.
I interviewed with them :) what tracks? Feel free to pm or ask on here