This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dawg10

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have already taken the DAT once. I took it last summer in July. I am retaking the DAT at the end of July this year (July 31st, 2017), so I have a competitive application.

I know it is recommended to submit the application early, however, I want schools to consider my new DAT scores when I retake it because I my old scores are not competitive enough.

Should I wait until I retake the DAT to submit my ADEA AADSAS application or could I submit it now to have early submission without them considering my old DAT scores?

Also, if I wait to submit until the end of July, am I really hurting my chances of getting interviews and getting accepted?

Thanks!
 
I have already taken the DAT once. I took it last summer in July. I am retaking the DAT at the end of July this year (July 31st, 2017), so I have a competitive application.

I know it is recommended to submit the application early, however, I want schools to consider my new DAT scores when I retake it because I my old scores are not competitive enough.

Should I wait until I retake the DAT to submit my ADEA AADSAS application or could I submit it now to have early submission without them considering my old DAT scores?

Also, if I wait to submit until the end of July, am I really hurting my chances of getting interviews and getting accepted?

Thanks!
submit now, dont wait. There is a section on the application where you let them know that you are retaking by entering your retake date.