Application Updates: Please Pose Here to Update What's Happening With Your Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone has heard from Rutgers clinical PsyD program, please please please post here. I'm waiting to book my flight until I know what's going on with them...it's driving me crazy.

Also, heard from Indiana U of PA last week. Don't think anyone has mentioned that one before. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I work at Rutgers and applied to the clinical Psy.D. They were just meeting today to discuss who to interview. If you come to Rutgers you will learn that the school as an institution is not always on the ball. I don't know when/how they will notify - it could be tomorrow, but I can't say for sure. I applied there myself, and have had to do a lot of fancy footwork to keep the date open, not even knowing if I will be asked. The date is Feb. 28 in case anyone is wondering. Let's hope they call tomorrow!

winnie said:
If anyone has heard from Rutgers clinical PsyD program, please please please post here. I'm waiting to book my flight until I know what's going on with them...it's driving me crazy.

Also, heard from Indiana U of PA last week. Don't think anyone has mentioned that one before. Good luck everyone!

Pelican22 said:
I work at Rutgers and applied to the clinical Psy.D. They were just meeting today to discuss who to interview. If you come to Rutgers you will learn that the school as an institution is not always on the ball. I don't know when/how they will notify - it could be tomorrow, but I can't say for sure. I applied there myself, and have had to do a lot of fancy footwork to keep the date open, not even knowing if I will be asked. The date is Feb. 28 in case anyone is wondering. Let's hope they call tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the info, Pelican. I just can't afford to wait more than another day to get my flight organized....I'm tired of this fancy footwork, too. Let's all pray together!

Members don't see this ad :)
SFS said:
My top 3 choices were CUNY, Rutgers (PsyD), and FDU.

I was invited to a CUNY interview on Thursday night :). It was my first invite.

I called FDU yesterday, as I know a lot of people who have interviews there this weekend and unfortunately they told me they were done inviting applicants. :(

I still have not heard from Rutgers (PsyD).

I believe that GW (PhD), Fordham, Adelphi, and Yeshiva are all done inviting and haven't heard from any of them, but this is unconfirmed.

I am still awaiting LIU Brooklyn. Has anyone heard from them?

Its hard not get discouraged. One of my co-workers pointed out that you only really need 1 interview. I have to keep reminding myself about that.

I guess Adelphi was not finished!

I just received two interview invitation, one from U Mass Boston (Feb 25 & March 4) and one from SPU (March 7). Does anyone know mcuh about the U Mass Boston interview (maybe if you have interviewed there before?) Thx!

Hi guys:

Just got my first two acceptances last night, both to clinical PhD programs! Texas Tech (interviewed on Feb. 11th) and SUNY Buffalo (interviewed on Feb. 9th).

Also just heard from Syracuse University about a telephone interview (contact via email). So far, I'm at 8 interviews and 2 acceptances.

THANKS!!

Congrats psychapp!!!!!!!!!!! Were those 2 schools high up on your list?

I'm hoping to hear something from UW Milwaukee, since their interview was on Friday. They told me it would be shortly after the interview...I just want to know one way or the other.

Also..has anyone out there heard from Indiana-Bloomington? I can never get a straight answer out of them when I call.

EL CAPeeeTAN said:
I just got an e-mail this morning saying that I have been invited to interview for GWU clicnical program (PsyD). I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. The interview dates are Feb 26 and March 5th.

El CAPeeeTan,

I got an interview at GW (Psy D) as well. What date are you going? I am going March 5th. Have you heard anything about the interview? What are your interests? I am really nervous. I also applied to PhD programs and I want to make sure that I don't say anything that would imply that I would rather a PhD, because I wouldn't necessarily. Do you think I should target all my comments towards practice rather than research? Any advice would be great.

PsychApp, congrats. Which faculty member did you want to work with at Texas Tech?

KimosabeNO said:
El CAPeeeTan,

I got an interview at GW (Psy D) as well. What date are you going? I am going March 5th. Have you heard anything about the interview? What are your interests? I am really nervous. I also applied to PhD programs and I want to make sure that I don't say anything that would imply that I would rather a PhD, because I wouldn't necessarily. Do you think I should target all my comments towards practice rather than research? Any advice would be great.

I am going to go March 5th also I think. I have visited the program before and I have talked with many of the current students. As you probably know the program is very psychodynamic in nature. So I would be up to speed with self psychology, etc. I would not worry about the fact that you are also applying to PhD programs. I am too ass are many students. If you are even asked about it, you can comment on the nature (falculty) of the programs you applied to, interested you becasue of their focus on __________ (fill in the blank) I would stress your interest in Psychodynamic theory and being a practicing clinician. They have a great clinic that they allow 1st years to participate in, so you get practice experience year 1. You are supervised by senior level students and faculty. I think that it is a great program. The tuition is a little expensive but I know that the students get great APA iternships and ultimately great jobs. I am from Chicago, where are you coming from? My brother in-law is in his internship now at American University and works with several PsyDs from GW. He did a PhD at Catholic also in DC and he has had a lot of good things to say about the GW students. I have been able to get some good insight through them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am so glad I found this website! Its great that there are so many people in the same boat as me.

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Rutgers-psyd, Long Island University-CW Post-psyd, Adelphi-phd, Hofstra school-community-phd...

I had an interview with Yeshiva last week and Pace today.

Has anyone heard anything about admissions at Yeshiva-clinical psyd?

Thanks so much! :D

I have been accepted into two Psy D programs: Illinois School of Professional Psychology (ISPP) ( aka Argosy/ Chicago ), and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). I have an interview pending at California School of Profressional Psy (CSPP) / Fresno. If anyone has any knowledge or feedback abt. the Psy D programs at any of these schools, I would love to hear it. At this point I am partial to PCOM, but am still not 100% certain that I would like to go there. It is a smaller APA accredited program that is fairly competitive to get into. Any thoughts?

JaclynG said:
I am so glad I found this website! Its great that there are so many people in the same boat as me.

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Rutgers-psyd, Long Island University-CW Post-psyd, Adelphi-phd, Hofstra school-community-phd...

I had an interview with Yeshiva last week and Pace today.

Has anyone heard anything about admissions at Yeshiva-clinical psyd?

Thanks so much! :D

I heard from Adelphi last week. I haven't heard from CW Post or Hofstra. For Hofstra did you mean school-community psyd or school-clinical phd? I applied to the phd program. It's one of my top choices along with St. John's and Adelphi.

Did you send in your application for pace early? I sent it in for the Feb 1 deadline and I still haven't heard anything. How did your interview go there? Was it one-on-one or group?

Members don't see this ad :)
betterbiceps said:
I have been accepted into two Psy D programs: Illinois School of Professional Psychology (ISPP) ( aka Argosy/ Chicago ), and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). I have an interview pending at California School of Profressional Psy (CSPP) / Fresno. If anyone has any knowledge or feedback abt. the Psy D programs at any of these schools, I would love to hear it. At this point I am partial to PCOM, but am still not 100% certain that I would like to go there. It is a smaller APA accredited program that is fairly competitive to get into. Any thoughts?

I would definitely go to the PCOM program. I know that you have to have a masters to apply. It is a much better program Than the ISPP and CSPP program in my opinion. I applied and was accepted a couple of years back to ISPP and CSPP, I went to one day of class at ISPP and was not impressed. I think that the larger class sizes make the individual attention almost impossible and the level of student is not the type of student you will see at PCOM. From the research I have done PCOM is an excellent program and gets great exposure through the medical school. These statements are not to offend anyone at these programs I know of some great practitioners from both of those programs including a family member of mine. I just think if you have the option you should go to PCOM, but all of these schools can help you acheive your ultimate goal.

Kath said:
I heard from Adelphi last week. I haven't heard from CW Post or Hofstra. For Hofstra did you mean school-community psyd or school-clinical phd? I applied to the phd program. It's one of my top choices along with St. John's and Adelphi.

Did you send in your application for pace early? I sent it in for the Feb 1 deadline and I still haven't heard anything. How did your interview go there? Was it one-on-one or group?

I applied to Hofstra's school-clinical phd, haven't heard anything yet. Do you have an interview with Adelphi? Did you hear from St Johns?

Pace was actually a little rough today. I had one last week that went great... It was me and 2 professors. They questioned everything!!!

JaclynG said:
I applied to Hofstra's school-clinical phd, haven't heard anything yet. Do you have an interview with Adelphi? Did you hear from St Johns?

I have an interview with Adelphi. They contacted me 2 weeks ago or so to set up interivews between feb 28 and march 8, I think.

I haven't heard from St. John's. I also sent in my app right at the Feb 1 deadline. who knows....if you hear anything, keep us posted!

Got an offer yesterday from Emory (my top choice)!! I am probably going to accept it this week. I have officially cancelled the rest of my interviews (Oklahoma, Louisville, Toledo, Syracuse, Idaho) and will be turning down my two other offers. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

JaclynG said:

Pace was actually a little rough today. I had one last week that went great... It was me and 2 professors. They questioned everything!!!

My interview with Adelphi is not for another two weeks, but I'll keep you updated!!
I can't wait to hear from Hofstra, I've been trying to find out when they start to contact but the grad admissions doesn't know and no one answers the department phone number -it always goes to voicemail. I'm so glad I found someone else who applied there, we can keep eachother posted. :)

St. John's will probably start contacting in another two weeks or so. I was told they usually start end of Feb. and beginning of March.

By everything do you mean like research interest or like your whole background???

psychapp: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great congrats congrats congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twiggers: THANK YOU! You and the rest of the applicants have been so supporting during this stressful process. I know each of you will kick butt when the time comes.

Twiggers: good luck with your EIGHT interviews!!!

Has anyone heard about interviews from Northwestern or U. Oregon.
They won't give me an answer one way or the other about whether they have contacted people about interviews.
Thanks!

Psych: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Ratch: I thought I had seen people talking about Northwestern last week, but I'm not 100% positive. I know this thread is incredibly long, but try scrolling through the thread because I thought I saw it on here.

twiggers said:
Psych: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Ratch: I thought I had seen people talking about Northwestern last week, but I'm not 100% positive. I know this thread is incredibly long, but try scrolling through the thread because I thought I saw it on here.

Are you asking about NU Med or NU Evanston?

Hi Ratch-

I haven't personally heard anything although I did apply. On other boards, someone posted that they heard this past Saturday and when I called the graduate secretary said they were going to call this week. So I am beginning to think its a no go.......

NW-evanston. I was notified last week via email by the prof. I would like to work with (I actually emailed her first to inquire re my status). I have no idea whether everyone has been contacted, but if you are unsure, it is certainly not out of line to email the prof you are interested in.

The main date is Mon Feb 28, and alternate Fri Mar 4.

Good luck :)

Kath said:
My interview with Adelphi is not for another two weeks, but I'll keep you updated!!
I can't wait to hear from Hofstra, I've been trying to find out when they start to contact but the grad admissions doesn't know and no one answers the department phone number -it always goes to voicemail. I'm so glad I found someone else who applied there, we can keep eachother posted. :)

St. John's will probably start contacting in another two weeks or so. I was told they usually start end of Feb. and beginning of March.

By everything do you mean like research interest or like your whole background???

By everything, they asked about clinical experience to GRE scores to grades to research and why everything.

So its ok to call schools and ask when they interview or if they want to interview you? What exactly do you say?

JaclynG said:
By everything, they asked about clinical experience to GRE scores to grades to research and why everything.

So its ok to call schools and ask when they interview or if they want to interview you? What exactly do you say?

I don't ask specifically about myself, because I don't want to seem pushy. I try to call a general number like the graduate admissions office and I ask "When does the (Clinical Psych) department start to invite applicants for interviews?" or something general along those lines. I've never been asked my name or anything specific, they either know the answer or they give you the phone number to the department. The department phone number usually goes to voicemail, that is what happened when I tried to call Hofstra.

What is your top choice?

Kath said:
I don't ask specifically about myself, because I don't want to seem pushy. I try to call a general number like the graduate admissions office and I ask "When does the (Clinical Psych) department start to invite applicants for interviews?" or something general along those lines. I've never been asked my name or anything specific, they either know the answer or they give you the phone number to the department. The department phone number usually goes to voicemail, that is what happened when I tried to call Hofstra.

What is your top choice?

my top choice is yeshiva-have you heard anything about it?

JaclynG said:
my top choice is yeshiva-have you heard anything about it?

I have just heard of people getting interviews. I haven't heard about acceptances yet.
But look at bravenet forum, a lot of the people that interviewed at Yeshiva were on that one. You can try starting a thread to see if anyone has heard specifically from Yeshiva.
http://pub43.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=3692451787

Pelican22 said:

Pelican22,

I understand that some people have heard from the program this week. Do you know if phone calls are completed or if the school is still in the process of contacting people. The program is one of my top choices, so I have been pretty anxious.

Thanks & good luck,
SS

El Capeeetan - Thanks for the advice about GW psy D. I am from New Orleans, but currently living in Philadelphia. I have heard wonderful things about GW and am very excited. You mentioned that it's really expensive ... do they give any kind of financial aid, need based or merit? That is pretty much my only hesitation with Psy D programs.

Another Question for anyone! I got an interview with American's Psychology PhD program in Behavior, Cognition and Neuroscience (BCAN). First off, has anyone heard much about this program? Also ... the interview is pretty short notice and it's during the week. Since I am in Philadelphia, it's an easy drive/train ride. I would have to leave tuesday night, interview all day wednesday, return wednesday night, and fly to another interview at UT on thursday morning. That's pretty tight timing. I will be in DC the following week for GW. Should I suck it up, miss work, and rush down to DC ... or should I try to reschedule it for the following friday? In the email they specifically said not to worry if you can't make it ... and that they are flexible. They said i could set up another date or even do it over the phone. I definitely want to do it in person ... but is it a huge disadvantage to delay it? Is it better to be there with everyone else? Or is it maybe better to go another date where I would stand out on my own? What do yall think? Thanks!

Kim

Has anyone either applied to, been accepted to, or heard anything abt the PCOM (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Med) Psy D program?

Thanks ( in advance) for any feedback.

KimosabeNO said:
El Capeeetan - Thanks for the advice about GW psy D. I am from New Orleans, but currently living in Philadelphia. I have heard wonderful things about GW and am very excited. You mentioned that it's really expensive ... do they give any kind of financial aid, need based or merit? That is pretty much my only hesitation with Psy D programs.
Kim

I emailed several of the current students and asked them about any need based merit etc. and I was told that almost everyone(if not everyone) is paying for the school through traditional student loans. I guess you can TA and do some other jobs to help supplement the tuition payment. I think the tuition is about $900.00 / credit and you are required to take 83 credits but most students end up with more than that. This is one of my concerns too. Particularly since one of the programs I have an interview with is a fully funded spot. (PhD program) which = minimal or no debt, however the average length of time to complete this PhD program is 6 - 8 years.

Hi everyone -- this is my first post -- I just now found this forum and am soooo happy about finding you all!

I applied to 11 schools, have been rejected outright from 2 (UVA-C'ville and Minnesota), and have or had 3 interviews (Temple, UMaine, and UConn). Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm thinking I didn't make the cut at a few other places I applied, as they have already done their interviews. :( ah well.

I haven't seen anything about UMass Amherst or UMaryland College Park - does anyone know about whether they have invited folks for interviews?

Thanks!

I think I read on the bravenet forum (you can find the link on page 4 of this thread) that University of MD at College Park started inviting for interviews, but check it out there? HAve you heard back yet from Temple? I heard yesterday from Dr. Fauber about my status....high alternate. :(

SaraL124 said:
I think I read on the bravenet forum (you can find the link on page 4 of this thread) that University of MD at College Park started inviting for interviews, but check it out there? HAve you heard back yet from Temple? I heard yesterday from Dr. Fauber about my status....high alternate. :(

Thanks, I'll check that out.

No word from Temple. Yikes...

Hi folks --

well, i got back from my interview to my first rejection letter, from suny buffalo. i wasn't a terribly good fit with the person i interviewed with there, but it is still disappointing. i think my interview went fairly well, but i will have to wait and see.

on a more encouraging note, i have two interviews this week and i think i am a much better fit, but i am a little nervous knowing that i only have 3 chances for acceptance!

oh well....

I applied to UMass in Amherst's Developmental Program. They have made their decisions for admissions but have not notified people yet. (I got an update from a professor letting me know this). I am not sure about the other "divisions", as they call them. Good luck!

Hi all, I'm new here. I've applied to a bunch of Clinical PhD programs and have not heard from several...has anyone here heard from VCU, Drexel, UMass Amherst, or University of Vermont? Thanks!

I have heard from USF, Suffolk, Maine, and Florida, if anyone was wondering about those schools.

Also, I saw that someone upthread mentioned other boards--could you point me in the right direction? I've searched but have so far only come across this one, and frankly the waiting is killing me--I'd like to look at as many boards as I can! Thanks so much.

Good luck to everyone, and congrats to those with invites and offers--way to go!

Katie

Has anyone heard about acceptances to American University? I'm not sure if they have had their second interview day yet . . .

Klo: If you go to page 4 of this thread you will find the links to the other 2 boards.

Also...interviewed over the phone at Marquette today. Decisions made 3/1. I thought they went well...one of the profs actually worked with one of my letter writers, and really liked her and her work...so maybe points in my favor.

Just getting all my packing done for Notre Dame....wooohooooo I can't wait to check out that place (it is my #1 college sports team lol)

twiggers said:
Klo: If you go to page 4 of this thread you will find the links to the other 2 boards.

Also...interviewed over the phone at Marquette today. Decisions made 3/1. I thought they went well...one of the profs actually worked with one of my letter writers, and really liked her and her work...so maybe points in my favor.

Just getting all my packing done for Notre Dame....wooohooooo I can't wait to check out that place (it is my #1 college sports team lol)

Thanks twiggers! I will check them out.

Saw on an earlier post that someone had an interview at George Mason...I was just curious about who you were interviewing with. I work for GMU so if you have any questions...

I actually have an interview at George Mason on the 4th.

amimi said:
I actually have an interview at George Mason on the 4th.
Congratulations amimi! Who are you interested in working with?

Got an email today from Wisconsin-Madison's human development program. Professor emailed me to let me know "unofficially" that I have been accepted and that official stuff would be coming in the mail soon. I am worried because although the school itself is ranked really high and has excellent graduate programs I really want to see the campus and meet the people before making a decision. Purdue accepted me and is flying me there, giving me limo ride, paying for hotel, taking me to a baseball game, etc. and the email from Madison didn't mention coming out to the campus. I asked the professor if he knew if there was an "official" meet the faculty day prior to decision day...so hopefully I'll hear something back.

Got official rejection from Ohio State yesterday.

Finished phone interviews with Marquette, I thought they went really well, and the program sounds great (they have just opened an ADHD clinic which really peaked my interest). One of the professors I interviewed with worked with my current bosses in Denver so that may be a plus for me.

Off to Notre Dame tomorrow morning....I'm excited !!!

klonergan said:
Congratulations amimi! Who are you interested in working with?

I'm interested in working with Dr. Riskind and his work on vulnerabilities to anxiety. I'm really excited about going out there this next weekend! You said earlier you work at GMU?

Hey everyone:

I just got my 1st invite from Saint Louis University! Thanks to everyone who told me not to give up hope! I am so excited!! NOw i finaly know how you have all been feeling!

I got my first official acceptance yesterday to Miami University (in Ohio)! I'm wicked excited since this is one of my top choices :D