Applying for a job after completing GPR in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Expat14

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm about to start my GPR residency on July 1st in NYC. I like to plan things out mentally ahead of time, so I wanted to know exactly how the process works around this time next year in terms of applying for jobs/receiving licensure.

From what I've read, it seems that many people submit all the paperwork they can ahead of the last two weeks of residency, and then by July 1st the program directors can send the "GPR completion" to the board. That way, the wait may not be the full 5 weeks before receiving your license. Does this seem to be the norm?

Also, when did people start applying/interviewing for jobs? Did you have to wait until you received your license or did you begin the process in June?

Thank you!