Applying to Medical School BEFORE completing Organic?

Started by mm855752
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mm855752

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible to apply to medical school before actually taking Organic Chemistry 1 and 2 (which will be taken during the summer), like is there any such thing as "Acceptance Contingent on completing the Organic Chemistry Courses properly over the summer?"

I've started to self study for all the subjects and will be taking the MCATs in the spring. Obv, I need to complete Orgo 1 and 2 but only will be able to take that Next Summer. I want to use the Post-Bacc Linkage and go to medical school next fall.

Any tips?
 
If you are linking than passing orgo is considered part of the linkage...and thus, yes almost all pre-req-style-linkage (1-year) program are dependent on you applying before having taken/passed some or all of the pre-reqs