Are Podiatry Schools increasing class size?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are right to an extent. However, do you think a newly minted cardiologist cannot find a decent paying job in NYC or Chicago? They would need to go to rural North Dakota to find a high paying job.

That’s a little different predicament as pods are conectrated in those areas due to the school. But yes you are right but it doesn’t make much for a valid point. On the plus side of that if where you want to live or practice is away from the pod schools, you probably have a nice advantage. Such as the south and Midwest.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s a little different predicament as pods are conectrated in those areas due to the school. But yes you are right but it doesn’t make much for a valid point. On the plus side of that if where you want to live or practice is away from the pod schools, you probably have a nice advantage. Such as the south and Midwest.
Haha after dealing with NYC rush hour for years I'm ready to move to a rural area!

Haha after dealing with NYC rush hour for years I'm ready to move to a rural area!
Why I chose Scholl since it’s away from Chicago and the busy streets/DMU over Temple/NYC. Way too hectic and annoying for me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Why I chose Scholl since it’s away from Chicago and the busy streets/DMU over Temple/NYC. Way too hectic and annoying for me lol
Haha I am actually from that area. How do you like the school? I'm applying next year.

Haha I am actually from that area. How do you like the school? I'm applying next year.
I got accepted to scholl and DMU with a scholarship last month ended up picking Scholl for some personal reasons. Both of the schools are look/feel amazing. Liked both much more than temple. Didn’t go to NYC though

True. Better to try and pass the boards and get a residency and go through the crucible now, rather than clobbering together part time gigs as a pharmacist.

Tbh I’m one of those people who DONT think everyone should get a residency. Someone shouldn’t be a Pod if they can’t pass boards, do well academically, or communicate well. I bet those are the majority of people not finding residencies. I’m ok with that

I think we’re all a little bit spoiled to be honest. We’re comparing MD/DO to Pod when in reality finding a job as a Pod is probably a close second meaning it’s still easier than really 99 percent of other professions/graduates/undergrads. Maybe not 99 percent but the VAST majority. We’re really sitting hear arguing over some percentiles and residency spots. It’s nonsense and a waste of time really just work hard and opportunities will come.

And it’s kind of weird how you have been following me so closely and then telling everyone on the forum everything I do.

He has an uncle who hires Podiatrists and a couple of people in his family already in the field. With so many connections, i really don't know why he's concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted to Scholl. I think the school is awesome. Big school with good reputation. Location can't be better. I think its great that school is outside of Chicago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to Scholl. I think the school is awesome. Big school with good reputation. Location can't be better. I think its great that schools is outside of Chicago.
Congrats on your acceptance. I'm sure you will do great. I am aiming to take my MCAT in September. With an October application an I too late to be competitive for scholarship money from Scholl?

Congrats on your acceptance. I'm sure you will do great. I am aiming to take my MCAT in September. With an October application an I too late to be competitive for scholarship money from Scholl?
But I will put my deposit for DMU.

September-December is still early. If your stats are competitive, you will get the scholarship anyways.

From what I see, DMU is more focused on GPA and Scholl is more focused on MCAT, in general.