Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope Friday isn't anticlimactic.

It's nearly always anticlimactic. But you'll still enjoy the moment.

Members don't see this ad.

gavin,
are you already in school?

RDH, where you from? how come you like az so much?

I am originally from TN, but I have lived all over. . .I used to live in Phoenix and loved it there! The school has the best facilities I have seen so far and I love how they are running the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is a very nice place to live and go to school. two more days, booyah

will they make phone calls at midnight or when they get into work? any one know?

uh, common sense says they will call in the morning when they get to work, imagine calling at midnight in AZ someone in NY at 3 AM. Granted that if any school could get away with it, ASDOH is the one since it seems like nearly everyone would give up a kidney to go there

Does ASDOH email at midnight too???

a kidney? how about my first born, and i am not kidding either

Does ASDOH email at midnight too???

The lady told me that they would only email you if they could not contact you by phone.

The phone call thing really sucks because I work in the basement of a hospital and don't get any reception on my phone...so I am gonna be checking my email and voice mail every 10 min!

you gonna start checking your phone and email at midnight? or like 8am phoenix time?

No, I have to work at 7AM....so I am just gonna have to have some patients and try to get some sleep tonight. I don't even think that they would call at midnight.

you gonna start checking your phone and email at midnight? or like 8am phoenix time?

I'll start checking 8 or 9 Phoenix time. I guess around 11:00 or 12:00 my time. I'll be in the Smoky Mountains, and I hope to God I get reception. I'm leaving tonight. I guess it will be good to be away from SDN, dwelling on this is making me on edge. . .I'll probably be searching for a place open at 3:00AM to get a connection to check email and AADSAS. . .HAHA!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did answer it, I'm the second post in the thread.

Not really seeing as I was asking you to comment on the latest info I received from CODA. Specifically I was wondering if ASDOH had told the current students EXACTLY what the deficiencies were as opposed to speculation. You mentioned the fact that you believe it to be nothing more than a filing error and I was just wondering where you got that info. As I posted in the other thread, Rosemary from CODA explained how CODA was legally not allowed to disclose what the deficiency was, yet the school, by its own accord could explain as much (or little) info as they saw fit to the current students.

Specifically, the opening sentence of her second paragraph was the most alarming to me and I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on that point.

"The number of Accreditation Standards that the program was found to be in non-compliance with and the details surrounding the identified deficiencies can not be made public by the Commission..."

Either way I guess it doesn't really matter as we'll have to sit tight and see what happens at the end of JAN. Just curious if you had any more specific 'insider info' with regard to what the heck "The # of Accreditation Standards that the program was found to be in non-compliance with..." that sentence still has us scratching our heads.

BTW...I'm not applying, but my wife is and loves ASDOH. I was very impressed with the campus & students when we visited for her interview. We both REALLY want this accreditation thing to work out as she's looking forward to going to ASDOH next fall as it's her #1 choice assuming the JAN meeting of CODA is favorable to ASDOH. She would never post it on this forum, but she was very excited & proud to get a call this morning at 7:15am PST. I too am very excited & proud for her. Cheers.

guess some of us just have to wait till jan. when they do their second round of invites, i wonder what our chances are? do they start sending out rejections also? or do we all get put into a huge waitlist pile?

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from ASDOH since Dec. 1st. I had an interview their last week that went pretty well, and I'm curious to know how long it might take to hear back from them either way?

I asked them to expidite their decision on me around Dec 5th and still no response for those of you who have done so also.

Does anyone have the academic calendar for ASDOH? I know it's not 100% year round and I'd like to know when breaks fall. I found a cal on their website awhile back but I'm not having luck this time.

Does anyone know if they will still be doing interviews into January? I'm from the midwest and originally turned my AADSAS in July, but decided to add Arizona at the last minute. Literally the last day to send it in! Just wondering if I still have a shot at an inteview?

Well I know that they have sent out invitations to the people being interviewed in January. And the December interviews are finished (as I was one of them). But they do interview in February and March as well (I believe). So I'm wondering when they actually offer positions from their "yes" list if I've been interviewed in December? I want in soooo bad!

Well I know that they have sent out invitations to the people being interviewed in January. And the December interviews are finished (as I was one of them). But they do interview in February and March as well (I believe). So I'm wondering when they actually offer positions from their "yes" list if I've been interviewed in December? I want in soooo bad!

have you been accepted anywhere else yet? or is arizona your first choice? thanks for the info about the interviews there, i didnt know they did interviews all the way into march.

Does anyone know if they will still be doing interviews into January? I'm from the midwest and originally turned my AADSAS in July, but decided to add Arizona at the last minute. Literally the last day to send it in! Just wondering if I still have a shot at an inteview?

My application was complete with them on Nov. 25th and I got an interview invite on Friday (12/15). My interview is in January. You definitely have a shot.

have you been accepted anywhere else yet? or is arizona your first choice? thanks for the info about the interviews there, i didnt know they did interviews all the way into march.

So far just waitlisted a few other places...but ya, Asdoh is by far my first choice. I believe they invite for interviews in the order they received your application (if you warrant an invite in the first place), but these go all the way into March or later so you're probably still o.k. Arizona is definately a bit un"ortho"dox (haha) in it's app process, but very helpful...so my suggestion if you're like me and really can't wait, is to call the admissions office and ask about your status.
The interview process is quite unusual (and a bit unnerving) as well, but I'm sure you'll do fine. My info only goes this far though, so I have no idea what to expect once the interview is over. Like I said, I interviewed the 2nd week of December, and can't stand the waiting...I just want in! lol...I wish Gavin were around to enlighten me (he's probably doing his D4 clinic somewhere awesome!) Good luck :luck:

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from ASDOH since Dec. 1st. I had an interview their last week that went pretty well, and I'm curious to know how long it might take to hear back from them either way?

I was wondering the same. i interviewed there exactly a week ago as well, and I just want to know where I'm standing in ASDOH? top list? mid list? or the bottom list? hopefully I'll get in:rolleyes:

when do you guys think I should call and ask?

Well, probably after the holidays, because by that point I think you would have received some sort of rejection letter if they were going to reject you. So at least you'd know your on the "yes" list...If you do call, and it was helpful please let us know :)

i have not heard of anyone gettin a rejection letter after dec 1st if they interviewed before dec 1st, have you?

gosh, you all are making me feel nervous and i haven't even applied yet. :laugh: Does anyone have any tips on the application process b/c i need to start now if i am going to go to dental school right after undergrad in 2008.

ok
how is everybody doing here on this thread
i just submitted my secondary online today
what are my chances for interview?
>1% ??

Well, with your stats, I'd say less than zero percent. Im kidding, but do you mind sharing your stats for those of use who dont have ESPN? It would help us help you.

I meant ESP :laugh:

ok
how is everybody doing here on this thread
i just submitted my secondary online today
what are my chances for interview?
>1% ??

They do a lot of post December interviews. It can't be that bad. keep you hopes up.

good luck

Just curious if anyone has heard anything since last week....probably unlikely b/c of the school break, but I figured I'd ask...:luck:

Also, anyone that has been accepted after Dec. 1st, how did you hear? Was it by phone, mail, email, etc...Thanks :luck:

CTdent,
i have not heard of anybody receiving any news since dec 1st, but then again i have not been on this site much lately, anyone else heard differently?

Welcome back REDSOX08. . . and the wait continues.
CTdent,
i have not heard of anybody receiving any news since dec 1st, but then again i have not been on this site much lately, anyone else heard differently?

any news? anybody?

I submitted all necessary materials to ASDOH to reserve a seat, including the deposit. For the deposit I provided a CC number to be charged, but the deposit still has not been charged to my credit card! It makes me worried! Just wondering if anybody who has placed a deposit at ASDOH has had their check cashed or CC charged. Thanks.

My husband will be going to dental school in Buffalo, so we will be looking to rent our house, which is near the school. It is brand new and a beauty. 4 bd/3 bath. We will give you a smokin deal. PM me if you are interested.

I'm in the same boat. I used the CC sheet and it has yet to be charged. I think were OK, but it does make me nervous.

I submitted all necessary materials to ASDOH to reserve a seat, including the deposit. For the deposit I provided a CC number to be charged, but the deposit still has not been charged to my credit card! It makes me worried! Just wondering if anybody who has placed a deposit at ASDOH has had their check cashed or CC charged. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I used the CC sheet and it has yet to be charged. I think were OK, but it does make me nervous.

No worries...my wife charged our CC a while ago and I too was wondering if something was wrong as that was weeks ago. Just checked our CC account online and the charge finally went through on Jan 8th. You should see your charge soon (if it hasn't already gone through).

Now we just have to keep crossing our fingers on the Jan 25th accreditation ruling. If that is not favorable, I'm sure there are numerous people like us that will be jumping ship on ASDOH. Let’s hope it doesn't come to that.

My husband will be going to dental school in Buffalo, so we will be looking to rent our house, which is near the school. It is brand new and a beauty. 4 bd/3 bath. We will give you a smokin deal. PM me if you are interested.

If I get accepted, I would definitely be interested!
How close is it to the airport?

i also would be interested once i get in, oh please call soon.

Now we just have to keep crossing our fingers on the Jan 25th accreditation ruling. If that is not favorable, I'm sure there are numerous people like us that will be jumping ship on ASDOH. Let’s hope it doesn't come to that.

Is there something more that we should know about the impending accreditation ruling? I haven't heard anything and am curious to know more.

i have not heard anything about it, have you already been accepted?

Is there something more that we should know about the impending accreditation ruling? I haven't heard anything and am curious to know more.

My wife & I have found out a few more details about the accreditation ruling by CODA coming up at the end of Jan, but it's all through unofficial sources (i.e. current ASDOH students & admin types). Nothing is official until that ruling comes out. Personally, I think everything will be fine (it appears the two biggest discrepancies had to do with 1) Staffing issues with the clinic...that the school corrected after it was fully built & operational, 2) A grading/evaluation issue having to do with one class...that reportedly has been taken care of). But, all that info is all second hand and not from the 'horses mouth' (the only thing I've received directed from CODA I posted earlier on this thread & another).

People can reassure us as much as they want about how it's a 'Nothing Issue', but the fact is, if ASDOH does not get their accreditation reinstated at the end of Jan it will very much impact any student starting in the summer/fall of '07 and IMO they would be crazy to accept a spot where they'll be graduating in 4 years from an unaccredited school. Current ASDOH students have nothing to fear (to a certain degree) as they are covered in that they entered dental school under accreditation status and therefore that will stay with them no matter what happens at the end of the month. But I'm sure even current ASDOH students very much want their program accredited seeing as if I was in their shoes I would not want to say that my alma mater failed to maintain it's accreditation after only 3 1/2 years.

So I got a phone call yesterday, out of the blue, asking if my DAT scores have been sent yet. (And yes, they were sent back in July to AZ and every other one of the six schools that I applied to that have received these scores months ago) He was somehow able to find them, then I got an email stating that my application was complete. I turned in the secondary application back in August! What does everyone make of that? Did someone screw up my application, or are they just that slow?