Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They screwed up. My app was processed really quickly and i got an interview 2 weeks after it was completed. I had a similar experience with UCSF though, they told me they never got my secondary which i sent back in early november. I had to resend today but now my chances of getting in are slim to none. I really think it's all a matter of luck sometimes, as there are so many applicants that one can fall through the proverbial crack once in a while. Good luck

So I got a phone call yesterday, out of the blue, asking if my DAT scores have been sent yet. (And yes, they were sent back in July to AZ and every other one of the six schools that I applied to that have received these scores months ago) He was somehow able to find them, then I got an email stating that my application was complete. I turned in the secondary application back in August! What does everyone make of that? Did someone screw up my application, or are they just that slow?

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder how many acceptances they just sent out? Or if they are done again until February? Has anyone heard anything (rejections or acceptances) besides Tissy? :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...no posts in awhile....any news, anyone?

p.s. - Manyak how did your interview go last week? Did they give any more details about the current state of their "lists"?

CTD, I just got the news that I am accepted to Az! Letters will be mailed within a few days, so for those of you who are still waiting, I hope you get an acceptance letter soon. I wish u all the very best. :)

CTD, I just got the news that I am accepted to Az! Letters will be mailed within a few days, so for those of you who are still waiting, I hope you get an acceptance letter soon. I wish u all the very best. :)

Congratulations on the acceptance!

How did they inform you of your acceptance?

Congratulations on the acceptance!

How did they inform you of your acceptance?

I actually got a phone call, but I think that's due to a different circumstance. Most people, I believe, will get it in the mail.

what was the circumstance if you dont mind me asking? congrats and are you sure that they will be sending more out this week?

I got a call today where someone was laughing hysterically in the phone. Then they told me I didn't get into ASDOH. I'm assuming they called me because they didn't think the application was good enough.:laugh:

thats kinda weird, are you sure it wasnt someone you know pulling your leg?

Has anyone else heard from ASDOH?? I emailed twice, once on wednesday and once on thursday but I haven't heard anything. I hope that's not a bad sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...someone said that the adcom was meeting again on Friday (1/19)...Has anyone received letters from them recently? Ugh...I wonder if I should call or email Joyce Haynie. I have another interview upcoming that I have to buy airfare and whatnot for, you think this is a good enough reason to make the "How are my chances?" call?:confused:

Hmm...someone said that the adcom was meeting again on Friday (1/19)...Has anyone received letters from them recently? Ugh...I wonder if I should call or email Joyce Haynie. I have another interview upcoming that I have to buy airfare and whatnot for, you think this is a good enough reason to make the "How are my chances?" call?:confused:

I thinks its a good reason. Let us know what they say. I would call myself but the only excuse I have is that I am impatient and I really want to know what's going on.

I'm kind of scared to, here's why: ASDOH is bar far my top choice, and so if I contact her, tell her that, but tell her that I would like to know my chances b/c I have other interviews that I'd rather not waste money flying to...then there may be two trains of thought. First, I could be at the top of the list, and it would help speed up a decision to accept me (my interview went great! but my stats are average). Second, on the other hand, I could be in the "middle or bottom group" and the adcom may just reject me b/c they would not be willing to make a decision so soon (whereas, I may have eventually landed a spot if I waited my turn and let things pan out?). I don't really have any idea...I'm probably wayyyy over analyzing it...but it is kind of a big decision when you think about it. :eek:

I guess what I do know, is that the more people that keep us update on whether they've received letters or not, the easier it will be to know where the rest of us stand...so keep the updates coming! :luck:

I'm kind of scared to, here's why: ASDOH is bar far my top choice, and so if I contact her, tell her that, but tell her that I would like to know my chances b/c I have other interviews that I'd rather not waste money flying to...then there may be two trains of thought. First, I could be at the top of the list, and it would help speed up a decision to accept me (my interview went great! but my stats are average). Second, on the other hand, I could be in the "middle or bottom group" and the adcom may just reject me b/c they would not be willing to make a decision so soon (whereas, I may have eventually landed a spot if I waited my turn and let things pan out?). I don't really have any idea...I'm probably wayyyy over analyzing it...but it is kind of a big decision when you think about it. :eek:

I don't think you are over-analyzing at all. When did you interview?

I interviewed in mid-December.

No I have not tried any forms of contact...besides a long distance vulcan mind-meld, which thusfar has not broken through! :idea:

Okay, so that is it...It's done....

I finally mustered up enough gusto (or neurosis!) to email ASDOH about status, lists, chances, etc...I just need to know, so I can either celebrate, or move on with plans to prepare for next years cycle. I will let everyone know if there is any information that will help sooth our minds, if/when I receive an email back.

Nothing yet...It's only noon there, so I'm hoping to hear back by the end of the day today. The other thread said no more offers until Feb. 1st...so if that's accurate, we've got another week or so to panic again...

Nothing yet...It's only noon there, so I'm hoping to hear back by the end of the day today. The other thread said no more offers until Feb. 1st...so if that's accurate, we've got another week or so to panic again...

Did you email Joyce Haynie? I emailed her last thursday and she still hasn't gotten back to me. That is out of character for her because she usually responds very quickly. I know that she travels a lot so maybe that's why she hasn't responded.

Yes, it was sent to her. I even have auto-confirm on it, so I know it hasn't even been opened yet. :eek:

i dont know how many more days i can wait, ctdent let us know asap on what was said. do you have offers elsewhere. man we all want to go there so bad, the school is so nice, i hope we all make it in this year

keepin the zona hope alive

Has anyone heard about the school's accreditation status yet? Last I heard they are at risk of losing their "pending" status...but had until this year to fix some things. I heard they were meeting with the evaluation committee in January 2007, so I wonder if they are fully accredited yet, or have lost their status?

no i have not heard anything about it, maybe gavin will be on later to shed some light this topic

When I went there to interview the dean said that they have received full accreditation with no recommendations for further improvement (unanimously, apparently-- He was late to speak to us @ our interview because he was on the phone with one of the school's representatives who attended the ADA meeting)... Needless to say, he was very happy when he finally appeared for his talk with us :)

Supposedly, CODA (Commission of Dental Accreditation) was going to be at ASDOH today (Jan 25th) to get the final report and do a final walk through. According to Joyce Haynie, following CODA's walk through the ADA will update the status for ASDOH. As mentioned already, the Dean and Joyce are very confident as to what CODA will find.

I actually got a phone call, but I think that's due to a different circumstance. Most people, I believe, will get it in the mail.

Hey Manyak222, first of - CONGRADS! - But I wanted to ask, when was your interview? Was it before the Jan. 8th one? or after? or was it Jan 8th?

Thanks. It was on the 8th, morning interview.

Joice said they have given all the spots out for Jan and the next mtg will be Feb 1. so good luck guys.

I interviewed in early January of this year.

Did you guys call Joyce Haynie a week after your interview to find out which list your names were placed on?

I do recall that she said that we'll hear from the school within two weeks. Two weeks has already passed.

For those of you who got accepted to ASDOH, how long after your interview did you hear from the school? Was the acceptance by mail or phone call?

I keep checking AADSAS, but there's NOTHING listed next to ASDOH.

Hey guys...still waiting for a reply on an email I sent...Has anyone else tried contacting Joyce through email? I'm wondering if a phone call would be better, because she's so busy during this part of the cycle. :luck:

Hey guys...still waiting for a reply on an email I sent...Has anyone else tried contacting Joyce through email? I'm wondering if a phone call would be better, because she's so busy during this part of the cycle. :luck:

I emailed her over a week ago and still haven't heard back. That's unlike her because she usually replies within hours. Maybe a call would be better. If you call, tell us what she says.

Ok will do. I think I'll call on Tuesday b/c interviews are Monday. I'm sure she was just extremely busy this week with the ADA accreditation visit and all. :)

I talked to Joyce today and was told that the board would review applications again the 2nd week in February. I was accepted at another school and was checking chances of getting into Az. She didn't offer to rush my application through. She did tell me that I'm in the top group and that if accepted in the next group I might know before my 30 days were up with my other acceptance. Not exactly the response I was hoping for so i guess I'll wait until after they convene and call again.:(

Joice said they have given all the spots out for Jan and the next mtg will be Feb 1. so good luck guys.

Hmm...this thread says they meet Feb. 1st, and the previous says 2nd week of Feb. Both were apparently stated by Joyce. I wonder when they actually will meet? Anyone have confirmed info on this?

Btw...congrats, at least you know you're in the top group so you'll probably get an invite eventually!

Hmm...this thread says they meet Feb. 1st, and the previous says 2nd week of Feb. Both were apparently stated by Joyce. I wonder when they actually will meet? Anyone have confirmed info on this?

Btw...congrats, at least you know you're in the top group so you'll probably get an invite eventually!

The story is this, the most recent group to receive acceptances have until Feb 1st (postmarked) to send in their deposits and accept their seat. The days it takes to receive those deposits in the mail and count the number of seats yet to be filled will determine the day the admins end up sitting down to discuss the final round of acceptances. Since Feb 1st is a Thursday, the porcess will probably carry over into the beginning of next week, which technically is considered the 2nd week of Feb. That is what Joyce is talking about when she says the 2nd week of Feb. I hope this helps

The story is this, the most recent group to receive acceptances have until Feb 1st (postmarked) to send in their deposits and accept their seat. The days it takes to receive those deposits in the mail and count the number of seats yet to be filled will determine the day the admins end up sitting down to discuss the final round of acceptances. Since Feb 1st is a Thursday, the porcess will probably carry over into the beginning of next week, which technically is considered the 2nd week of Feb. That is what Joyce is talking about when she says the 2nd week of Feb. I hope this helps

That helps a lot. Thank you :thumbup:

Hey everyone, I'm new here, though I've spent a fair amount of time reading through posts in the past.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how "selective" the top group is at ASDOH. Is it so selective that most in the that group get in, or is it a pretty big group of applicants? Anyone know what percentage, approximately of course, of applicants in the top group have been accepted in the past?

Hey everyone, I'm new here, though I've spent a fair amount of time reading through posts in the past.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how "selective" the top group is at ASDOH. Is it so selective that most in the that group get in, or is it a pretty big group of applicants? Anyone know what percentage, approximately of course, of applicants in the top group have been accepted in the past?

I think any answer to this would be speculation. Unless some admin came on here and gave us stats on years past, all your really gonna get are people saying "well I was in the top group last year and I got in." At the end of it all, that does not give you any solid answers. Since the applicants for ASDOH are getting more and more competitive each year, my guess would be that there are a lot of quality people still remaining in that top group.