Atlantic Bridge 2018 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't want to bother them. What if they secretly have more power than we think and emailing them makes them toss our apps into a barrel of acid? :O Haha, just joking! I'll wait until "early May" has passed before pestering AB.

I did want to point out: if you added courier (FedEx) as your method of mail in the app--you might be interested to know that you can track packages that are addressed to you, without knowing the sender or tracking number by making a free account on FedEx

Now I'm going to refreshing the app every 2 mins haha. Do you simple go to the section in the app that says "To Me"?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow just received an offer for NUIG 5 year program by Gods grace!!

Reactions: 6 users
JUST GOT IN TO 5 YEAR AT NUIG!
(Do we have a fb group or our own thread yet? Let's make one?)

Reactions: 7 users
Thank you all for your congratulations. I'm sending well wishes to everyone. So excited to see where we all end up.

Congrats! :)
Do you think you could share your stats?

Hi everyone,
Stats

I'm from: USA
Education: B.S. and M.S. in Environmental Science; also doing some Post-Bacc atm
GPAs: UG=3.54, Grad=3.83, BCPM-GPA=3.23, PostBacc GPS 3.64
MCAT? Haven't taken it and won't in time.
Applying to: 5-year TCD, NUIG
LORs: 1 from sci prof, 1 from writing prof, 1 from nurse practitioner where I work
ECs: Lots. 1000+ hours shadowing MD; mental health internship; 2 years research in ecology + 2 years personal research in ecological trends; volunteering; ESL and writing tutor; medicocriminal entomology presentations, etc.
"Applicant Type": Considered quite non-trad in USA. Haven't applied to schools here yet, as I've not filled all my pre-reqs or MCAT. I just found out about AB and Irish schools. It's been a dream to study abroad in Ireland; I would be honored.

Here ya go! I figured I'll wait 2 weeks to hear back from TCD, but I am so ready to accept NUIG. Am I going to be the oldest student? Lol, I'm 24. :/ My family is super excited and is planning to visit Ireland.

@Rojo063 Where you at?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t heard anything from NUIG yet :/. Wonder if my pending interview with RCSI-mub might make ABP reluctant to send out an acceptance email. Trying to be optimistic here haha!

Congrats to everyone who got in so far though!!

Thank you all for your congratulations. I'm sending well wishes to everyone. So excited to see where we all end up.

Here ya go! I figured I'll wait 2 weeks to hear back from TCD, but I am so ready to accept NUIG. Am I going to be the oldest student? Lol, I'm 24. :/ My family is super excited and is planning to visit Ireland.

@Rojo063 Where you at?!
Congrats!!! Extremely happy for you.....followed you through the entire thread! Ireland is a beautiful country...you'll love it! Did you ever take the MCAT.....If so, what did you score?

Congrats!!! Extremely happy for you.....followed you through the entire thread! Ireland is a beautiful country...you'll love it! Did you ever take the MCAT.....If so, what did you score?

Thank you so much! I never got around to taking the MCAT. My plan was originally to finish up orgo 2 and then take it later this summer, but I am happy to say that plan is scratch. (Guess I'm finishing Orgo 2, anyway, lol). I was accepted to 5 year though, so it was not needed.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone,

I just got accepted into NUIG! I've also taken the initiative and created a Facebook group for those who have received offers. Find it under "NUIG Medicine Fall 2019 Entry".

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Congrats! And thanks :). I can't find it though? Do you have it as public or private :/.

EDIT: I will make a thread on SDN, as well. Just in case we need it. NUI Galway Medicine - Sept 2018

Last edited:
Got accepted into UCD 4 year program today! :O
They sent an email and I have until May 16 to accept

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard anything from NUIG yet :/. Wonder if my pending interview with RCSI-mub might make ABP reluctant to send out an acceptance email. Trying to be optimistic here haha!

Congrats to everyone who got in so far though!!
In the same boat... so painful... wishing you all the best!!

Hey everyone!

Also received an email for acceptance to UCD GEM today with a deadline of May 16th to accept :)

I'm from: USA but I don't live there
Education: French High School/ French Baccalaureate
GPAs: We don't have that but mine seems to be around 3.8
MCAT? Nope
Applying to: 6-year UCD, NUIG, UCC, RCSI
LORs: 1 from my physics/ chemistry teacher and 1 from my biology teacher
ECs: Quite a few. Spent 2 months shadowing in a clinic, 6 months of volunteering at a Neurological Institute and a lot of charity work as well!! Representative of my year.

I received the offer by email from Atlantic Bridge! Thank you and wishing luck to you guys!

Hey! It’s actually called “NUIG Medicine Fall 2018 Entry”. I think that I might’ve accidentally put “2019” before.

I'm such a genius that I didn't even catch that LOL. OOPS. See you there ;)

Hey everyone!

Also received an email for acceptance to UCD GEM today with a deadline of May 16th to accept :)
Many Congrats! Excellent program. Would you mind sharing your stats? I’m applying next year. Trying to get as much insight as possible. TIA

Was just accepted into NUIG 6-year program. Good luck to all applying!
Congratulations,
Would you mind sharing your stats ,
I am a high school junior,
Senior year in May,
Applying for 6 year program in July/ Aug.
Hoping to have a place in 2019.
Any info would help,
Thank you,
And again congrats you will love Ireland,

Got accepted into the NUIG 6 year program as well this morning!! Wishing luck to all of you guys and don't lose hope, you never know when you'll eventually get your offer!
Hi,
Congratulations,
Would you mind sharing your stats , I am hoping to apply in July for 2019.
I am in high school.
Thanks and well done,

I'm a grade 12 student from Ontario (Canada) and I applied in November to the 6 year program. Yesterday I got an offer for an interview from RCSI which is the only school I applied to through Atlantic bridge. my average was a 92.5 in Grade 11
Congratulations, I am happy for you.
Are you a high school student? Good luck with the interview, when is it?
I am a high school student applying next year , can you share your stats.
Thank you.

Ok Chiming in with hopes of some feedback, very non-trad applicant.

I'm from: Canada - but I have been in the USA for 5 years
Education: B. Mus in Music Therapy, Cum Laude - Internship (1200 hours) Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Music Therapist-Board Certified (MT-BC)
GPAs: 3.67
MCAT? 504
Applying to: TCD, RCSI, RCSI-MUB, UCD, UCC, NUIG, UL.
LORs: 1 from music therapy prof, 1 from internship supervisor at Children's Hosptial LA, 1 from current employer.
ECs: Plenty. RA, senior RA, and LLC coordinator for 3 plus years; volunteering; performing; various club leadership; working full-time as a Music Therapist; etc.
"Applicant Type ": Very non-traditional, I am a board-certified music therapist and I currently work full-time with adults and children with mental illnesses/developmental delay/TBI/ABI/Motor movement disorders/etc. and I previously worked in a hospital in infant palliative care, inpatient treatment, and inpatient rehab.

I've been reading a lot of threads and have been having mixed feelings about my chances given my background. Also, I applied to all the schools I could in Canada and have received 3/4 rejections from them so far. I'm feeling greatly discouraged because I have a strong feeling that the 4th school is going to be a no as well.

Hoping for some more insights.
How did you do with your application?

@Texas rebel You can see tjamusic's stats and decision on
Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection. Since you are interested in applying soon, you might find that thread helpful! Good luck!

@ScienceBronco A few of us have heard back from NUIG. I haven't seen anyone hearing from TCD. I know NUIG started releasing decisions for its first cycle last week. That being said, I don't think the window is closed. Remember, no news is good news! Some people have gotten acceptances in August. :/ Hope it doesn't take that long for you all though. Hang in there, we've got your back! Stay positive!

Reactions: 2 users
Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection. Since you are interested in applying soon, you might find that thread helpful! Good luck!

@ScienceBronco A few of us have heard back from NUIG. I haven't seen anyone hearing from TCD. I know NUIG started releasing decisions for its first cycle last week. That being said, I don't think the window is closed. Remember, no news is good news! Some people have gotten acceptances in August. :/ Hope it doesn't take that long for you all though. Hang in there, we've got your back! Stay positive!
Hoping for the best! Thanks for the helpful information!

Did we ever hear how @Rojo063 faired?

Hey all,

I got into the NUIG 5 year program 2 days ago. Super stoked! Good luck to everyone still waiting

I’ve tried looking up information on NUI Galway and their match rates for Canada and USA, but I can’t find anything. Does anyone know? There isn’t much about the school anywhere? Any current students out there that can give any insight?

All first round offers have now been released. Second round offers to happen mid May. (I wrote AB).

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve tried looking up information on NUI Galway and their match rates for Canada and USA, but I can’t find anything. Does anyone know? There isn’t much about the school anywhere? Any current students out there that can give any insight?
Every school in Ireland is great. If you work hard and play your cards right you will match

So nobody got into Trinity?

I guess we were all waitlisted! Oh well, I'll be going to NUIG then. Don't want to take the risk on a waitlist to acceptance scenario.

@Barbie.girl7890 You can find powerpoint presentations here on NUIG listing matches to US and Canada (do some digging, I've found them before but didn't save the thread). You can also find the reports with Google. Match rates are a subjective thing, at times. Do your best on performing well academically and clinically and you will get a match--even if you have to do a year of research, then apply second cycle. The same thing happens to non-IMGs. Good luck!

Hey, should i still apply. Deadline is May 15 for NUIG and RCSI-MUB

Please someone get to me..the Atlantic Bridge Program said I can still get in easily!!!

And what is a good competitive Canadian average to get in.

Hey, should i still apply. Deadline is May 15 for NUIG and RCSI-MUB

Please someone get to me..the Atlantic Bridge Program said I can still get in easily!!!

And what is a good competitive Canadian average to get in.
What stats do you have that would make AB say it will be easy for you to get in after first round offers?

What stats do you have that would make AB say it will be easy for you to get in after first round offers?

I think people need to keep in mind that Atlantic Bridge is a for-profit organization... they fail to mention the full requirements for entry for the different programs. Full disclosure is bad for business.

that is true..but u got the cash to apply theyll let u in...
im planning to do the may sat2 in the sciences + i have 88 overall average in all subjects but for bio 12 (80)