ATSU-KCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they send you guys an email when your award letter was ready? Where can I go to check it on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

When do we have to accept the financial aid by???

I called them, they are altering it to increase my grad loans by 2k. Error maybe? My FAFSA says no work study.

Yeah, I just called them and they told me they would do the same thing. My FAFSA said no work study too. .weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they send you guys an email when your award letter was ready? Where can I go to check it on the portal?

Yup, they sent me an email when mine was ready. You check under the CampusVue Student Portal, in the My Tools folder of the my.atsu.edu page. Then, there is a tab on the left that says Award Letter.

Thanks superman! I finally got the email... I was getting worried. I got work study as well, but I still have more loans than I need so I am not worried about increasing other loan amounts.

Did anyone else get grants/scholarships? What is "school as lender profits scholarship"? Its free money so I'm happy about that, just wondering what it is/if anyone else got it?

Thanks superman! I finally got the email... I was getting worried. I got work study as well, but I still have more loans than I need so I am not worried about increasing other loan amounts.

Did anyone else get grants/scholarships? What is "school as lender profits scholarship"? Its free money so I'm happy about that, just wondering what it is/if anyone else got it?

Yeah, I got a grant too, and it was listed as "School as Lender Profits Scholarship". I think it is just a generalization for all scholarships/grants offered by the school since my grant was not called that when they told me about it. I'm not 100% on that though; I'm just happy I got some kind of grant. . .too bad it is only for this year though.

I got to thinking, and I am pretty sure I only have 2 scholarships (1000 each), so maybe the other 2000 is the deposits we paid?

I got to thinking, and I am pretty sure I only have 2 scholarships (1000 each), so maybe the other 2000 is the deposits we paid?

I really wish, but not how it works. It would be nice if it was an extra 2k we got back, but in reality it is just deducted from the tuition. You never see it, or notice it, as all tuition postings are less the 2k in deposits.

I really wish, but not how it works. It would be nice if it was an extra 2k we got back, but in reality it is just deducted from the tuition. You never see it, or notice it, as all tuition postings are less the 2k in deposits.

Well if that is the case, I got more scholarships than I thought! So I guess that is good news.

Yeah, I talked to my mom today, and she has no idea if there is any documentation for my chicken pox. I'm sure it would be in some medical file somewhere. Haha, she told me though that at the Peds office, they just wanted me out of there since it is quite contagious. Looks like I'll be getting that anti-body test. . .sigh, I hope it isn't expensive. . . .

So wait, if I have documentation, I still need the titer? Pretty sure the e-mail says documentation is good enough.

:confused:

So wait, if I have documentation, I still need the titer? Pretty sure the e-mail says documentation is good enough.

:confused:

I've heard multiple people say the documentation isn't enough ... they want a titer.

I've heard multiple people say the documentation isn't enough ... they want a titer.

Pure Horse Manure. I wonder why they even mentioned it in the e-mail.

I can give them pictures of my pox covered body and physician documentation. I am uninsured until school starts and the titer along with an office visit is going to be ~150 dollars.

I am getting to the bottom of this, I just e-mailed Debra. The latest e-mail still states that documentation is good enough, however the deadlines are different from the previous e-mail. It stated August 20th for the form, and 27th for hard copied. The new form says August 13th for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure Horse Manure. I wonder why they even mentioned it in the e-mail.

I can give them pictures of my pox covered body and physician documentation. I am uninsured until school starts and the titer along with an office visit is going to be ~150 dollars.

I am getting to the bottom of this, I just e-mailed Debra. The latest e-mail still states that documentation is good enough, however the deadlines are different from the previous e-mail. It stated August 20th for the form, and 27th for hard copied. The new form says August 13th for everything.

I specifically emailed Debra about the dates as well. The original email said Aug 20th for online, 27th for hard copies ... new one says 13th for everything. My PCP just changed offices and is having a delay getting the records sent over. If it's the 13th ... I've got some work to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I specifically emailed Debra about the dates as well. The original email said Aug 20th for online, 27th for hard copies ... new one says 13th for everything. My PCP just changed offices and is having a delay getting the records sent over. If it's the 13th ... I've got some work to do.

Just a heads up guys....I had some documentation when I started first year, but EVERYONE was required to get a titer before starting summer preceptor. The health dept down here does them for 90 bucks. You can get them cheaper as a student at the gutensohn clinic or so I've heard.

Just a heads up guys....I had some documentation when I started first year, but EVERYONE was required to get a titer before starting summer preceptor. The health dept down here does them for 90 bucks. You can get them cheaper as a student at the gutensohn clinic or so I've heard.

I ended up just getting one. It was funny though, my PCP sent me to the blood work lab upstairs and several funny things happened:

1. I walked past this HUGE, gorgeous cosmetic derm practice, the place was packed, looked like something out of Nip/Tuck, etc. Name on the door ... John Doe, DO

2. I handed the guy at the lab the paperwork for everything I needed done and he stared at it confused for a few seconds and just asked "what the heck are you doing???" I explained I was going to med school and he laughed, said it made sense, but also that he rarely sees people getting their blood checked for the stuff/volume I was.

3. When we were back in the room and he was drawing the blood, he asked where I was going and if it was MD or DO. I told him it was DO and he went into this big discussion about how he loves the DOs he's worked with, is interested in learning more about OMM, etc.

Just kinda funny things that happened in the 10 minutes/100 ft I was at/walked to the blood lab!

Kevon,

Did Debra email you back??? It's been a few days now and I still haven't received a reply from her about the dates???

This was the reply I got back from Debra on May 20th when I asked about the titer..

"Varicella is required now, even if you have had chicken pox and it is documented (or not) you will need to get the varicella titer. This is also your responsibility.......

So, my suggestion is to go ahead and get the titer.

Deb"

I went ahead and had it done, but I wish that they would clear this up within the emails they keep sending.

Kevon,

Did Debra email you back??? It's been a few days now and I still haven't received a reply from her about the dates???

No reply, and I am not happy at all. The deadlines are approaching and the official e-mail did not reflect the changes to the titer requirement. By the way, was just in kville and took possession of the new apartment. I cannot believe it is coming up so quickly.

No reply, and I am not happy at all. The deadlines are approaching and the official e-mail did not reflect the changes to the titer requirement. By the way, was just in kville and took possession of the new apartment. I cannot believe it is coming up so quickly.

I know. I'm running around doing stuff like crazy. Did you already accept your financial aid offer? I spoke with someone in the office and they said I could do it up until the 2nd week of August and be fine, but I've been trying to figure out stuff with my Dad and want to accept in the next day or so ... but feel behind!

Also, did you get that issue worked out with 2k being through work study? What did they end up doing with that?

I know. I'm running around doing stuff like crazy. Did you already accept your financial aid offer? I spoke with someone in the office and they said I could do it up until the 2nd week of August and be fine, but I've been trying to figure out stuff with my Dad and want to accept in the next day or so ... but feel behind!

Also, did you get that issue worked out with 2k being through work study? What did they end up doing with that?

Eezy Peezy, they just bumped up my GradPlus to compensate, and eliminated it. I have so much to do! I already accepted, but I am having some financial changes so I need to edit some things quickly. Are you getting excited?

Eezy Peezy, they just bumped up my GradPlus to compensate, and eliminated it. I have so much to do! I already accepted, but I am having some financial changes so I need to edit some things quickly. Are you getting excited?

Pumped. However, I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cutoff trying to get stuff in order and move halfway across the country. Still ... super excited. Can't believe I'm FINALLY starting and can't believe I'm able to do it at such an awesome school.

Hey guys!

Only about 2 weeks left for orientation! I'm so excited. . .this summer has went by too fast though. I know I will be asking myself what I got myself into here in a few weeks. I just got back from Kirksville. . .I took most of my stuff to the apartment and came back to NC so I can spend the rest of the time with family and not worry about anything. The 2nd years (well, technically, they are still 1st years) were already back in classes, and all the ones I talked to seemed really awesome! It is nice not to feel treated like some stupid, annoying first year like it was in high school or college. Only 8 more days left before I'm offically a Kirksvillian! Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well, and that things are coming together just fine for you. I'll be seeing everyone here very soon! :)

I am finally moved in and settled, I just have one more task. Where to get a TB screen in Kirksville? My insurance does not kick in for another week, and I am not sure where to go for this.

Any ideas?

*edit*

The Adair health department does it for $4

Last edited by a moderator:
It is crazy to think that all of you were there today. Congrats to everyone. I did not make any sdn connections, but I am sure that I was not too hard to pick out. We are finally here. "A.T., look at me"

Interview invite today for sometime in October. I submitted my secondary 8/9. As an individual who doesn't really drive -- this is a rather tricky location to get to. I either convince my mom to go with me for a 6 hour drive OR try to get a pilot I know to fly me (much more expensive but he would be so happy). bah growing up in a city and never really needing to learn how to drive (and being too young to rent one for cheap)

Interview invite today for sometime in October. I submitted my secondary 8/9. As an individual who doesn't really drive -- this is a rather tricky location to get to. I either convince my mom to go with me for a 6 hour drive OR try to get a pilot I know to fly me (much more expensive but he would be so happy). bah growing up in a city and never really needing to learn how to drive (and being too young to rent one for cheap)

Think you want the 2010-2011 thread below this...congrats on your interview though, I think you are one of the first non-EDP interviews that has been mentioned here on SDN

Think you want the 2010-2011 thread below this...congrats on your interview though, I think you are one of the first non-EDP interviews that has been mentioned here on SDN
opps. Sorry. I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote it and just clicked on the first KCOM link I saw. haha. I was surprised to be the first person mentioning interview invite... and wondering why all the excitement about starting school... but now I see why.... How am I suppose to get into medical school is I can't even read properly? haha.

opps. Sorry. I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote it and just clicked on the first KCOM link I saw. haha. I was surprised to be the first person mentioning interview invite... and wondering why all the excitement about starting school... but now I see why.... How am I suppose to get into medical school is I can't even read properly? haha.

lol..:D

Congrats!