2023-2024 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those with IIs, what was the earliest timeslot that you could schedule an interview?

Hello everyone! For those who have interviewed at this school, what did you wear for the reception event on the night before interview day? Is it full suit and tie? Or something a little more casual? Thank you!

Hello everyone! For those who have interviewed at this school, what did you wear for the reception event on the night before interview day? Is it full suit and tie? Or something a little more casual? Thank you!
They are more casual. You will be speaking to ambassadors and they can answer your questions before the interview. Family is welcome

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn they're booking out in February already 😭

I was complete in mid-June and haven't heard anything. 😭

I was complete in mid-June and haven't heard anything. 😭
That means you’re still being considered.

I was kicked pre II already, so they’re definitely handing out R’s.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how late they send out II, I know it’s still early in process but I was complete end of June and radio silence since.

Does anyone know how late they send out II, I know it’s still early in process but I was complete end of June and radio silence since.
If they still are maintaining you, that means they’re still considering you.

I already got the pre-II R, so you’re in a better state than me.

I got the A today! Interviewed 10/16.

OOS, GPA 3.69, MCAT 513

For anyone that's already interviewed, do you have any tips/advice on how to prepare? I have an interview here soon! Thank you!

Withdrew my II, if anybody is scheduling there should be a slot that opens up for a soon date. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got my admittance call! OOS interviewed 10/23. Good luck everyone! :)

This might be a silly question but what is the format for the interviews? I got the interview schedule email but this is my first in-person interview so I'm a bit nervous. It says that it's three 1:1 30 min interviews, is that all happening in the same room or do you go into 3 different rooms? When do you do the fun fact survey, white coat sizing, and Musuem of Osteopathic Medicine tour? Thanks in advance!

How long is the campus tour? Is it a lot of walking? my shoes are not super comfortable. Do you guys think it would weird to have a pair of shoes for campus tour and change into nice nice shoes for the interview?

For anyone who’s interviewed and brought a guest, can you provide any info on what guests do throughout the day? My parents really wanted to see campus but have some mobility issues and can’t walk much or too far. Thanks in advance!

Did anyone else get really weird vibes on their interview day?? Didn’t really feel welcome, the tour was extremely unorganized, med students didn’t seem happy, interviewers were quite rude

Did anyone else get really weird vibes on their interview day?? Didn’t really feel welcome, the tour was extremely unorganized, med students didn’t seem happy, interviewers were quite rude

I thought the people interviewing me were really nice to me and we literally just had conversations and laughed and when I told them about certain sad things in my like they were really empathetic. They low-key made me feel like I would get accepted.

Did anyone fly to the kirksville airport for their interview? If so, are there ubers or how did you get around from airport to hotel to interview?

I thought the people interviewing me were really nice to me and we literally just had conversations and laughed and when I told them about certain sad things in my like they were really empathetic. They low-key made me feel like I would get accepted.
I 100% agree, this was one of my favorite interviews!!!

I 100% agree, this was one of my favorite interviews!!!
I’m so glad you guys had good experiences! 2 of my interviews were really great but the third one…the professor went IN on me for having a W on my transcript…also said some insensitive things about my personal statement :/

How long is the campus tour? Is it a lot of walking? my shoes are not super comfortable. Do you guys think it would weird to have a pair of shoes for campus tour and change into nice nice shoes for the interview?

It was quite a bit of walking and my shoes were also veryyy uncomfortable. I had huge blisters by the end of the day. I think as long as your extra shoes are still nice and fit the vibe of your outfit it’s not weird to bring extras!

Really enjoyed my interview/visit yesterday

Just got the A!!! Interviewed 11/10!!

Just got the A!!! Interviewed 11/6, so beyond excited I loved this school!

Got my first A!!! I am so happy it felt so good to hear it! Interviewed 11/6.

Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/13. So so so happy :)

Accepted today, interviewed 11/13. After 3 cycles I'm going to be a doctor :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my app, hope the interview spot goes to one of you!

Just got the email saying if i get 10-15 hours of DO shadowing i get an interview. for those that got this email, did you just have to schedule then you could interview, or did you have to complete the shadowing before the interview could be scheduled.

Just got the email saying if i get 10-15 hours of DO shadowing i get an interview. for those that got this email, did you just have to schedule then you could interview, or did you have to complete the shadowing before the interview could be scheduled.
I was able to schedule the interview once I sent in the scheduled shadowing dates