2023-2024 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we wanna get an accepted students GroupMe going?
I would also like to know.

Are we able to just make one and share ourselves or is it set up by admin? I know their facebook accepted group is ran by admin so šŸ¤·

Members don't see this ad.

Current student at KCOM. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Would you mind sharing complete date and stats?
Complete end of September and LM 64! Applying from a neighboring state and have a variety of ECs and DO exposure. Message me if you want other specifics!

I would also like to know.

Are we able to just make one and share ourselves or is it set up by admin? I know their facebook accepted group is ran by admin so šŸ¤·
I think we can just create our own. Thatā€™s what some of the other groupmes Iā€™m in did.

Just withdrew my A last night, super super hard decision to make. Hope it goes to someone on here! This school has such a great community. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II just now but declined. Would have loved to interview here but spent too much on placing a deposit elsewhere!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received Monday. LM 62. Going to be declining as I got an acceptance at my top choice program today. Good luck everyone!

Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Got the II today! I understand that there are three 30 minute interviews, but does anyone know if the entirety of the interview day is closed or open file??

Got the II today! I understand that there are three 30 minute interviews, but does anyone know if the entirety of the interview day is closed or open file??
Open file, except your MCAT score is hidden

OOS II Today! Declined the interview invite so hopefully, it can go to one of you!

Hey everyone!! Very fortunate to have received an II from ATSU-KCOM. What kind of questions should I be expecting during my interview? Any general interview tips and recommendations are welcome! Also, if anyone has any hotel recommendations near ATSU-KCOM let me know because I have to buy tickets and book a hotel soon.

Hey everyone!! Very fortunate to have received an II from ATSU-KCOM. What kind of questions should I be expecting during my interview? Any general interview tips and recommendations are welcome! Also, if anyone has any hotel recommendations near ATSU-KCOM let me know because I have to buy tickets and book a hotel soon.
I stayed at Baymont by Wyndham Kirksville University Area for one night at 79.24 after taxes and fees. Free breakfast, pool, sauna accommodations.
I can't remember if I signed an NDA for this school or not so imma play on the safe side and just say to check the school page on sdn for interview questions

I stayed at Baymont by Wyndham Kirksville University Area for one night at 79.24 after taxes and fees. Free breakfast, pool, sauna accommodations.
I can't remember if I signed an NDA for this school or not so imma play on the safe side and just say to check the school page on sdn for interview questions

Sweet thanks for the hotel recommendation!! And thatā€™s probably a smart idea , donā€™t get yourself in any trouble. Do you have any general advice or tips for interviews?

Sweet thanks for the hotel recommendation!! And thatā€™s probably a smart idea , donā€™t get yourself in any trouble. Do you have any general advice or tips for interviews?
This is a very general tip, that applies to all interviews, but what helped me is to come up with maybe 5 patient stories and work on adapting and drawing lines from the story to the question asked. It allows you to share patient interactions and stories are always the goal in answering questions. No one likes a generic response.

personally would not recommend the baymont - they had a ton of lady bugs when I stayed and when I went down to ask for a new room they knew it was an issue and they mentioned some other rooms have rolly pollyā€™s that the exterminator canā€™t get rid of then refused to give me a refund !

the holiday inn was super nice!

personally would not recommend the baymont - they had a ton of lady bugs when I stayed and when I went down to ask for a new room they knew it was an issue and they mentioned some other rooms have rolly pollyā€™s that the exterminator canā€™t get rid of then refused to give me a refund !
I had a singular lady bug in my room and that was it. I didn't think of it much. Staff was really nice.

Got the email yesterday that I can schedule an interview if I obtain 10-15 hours shadowing an osteopath. Can't decide if it's worth it since I have an acceptance already. Does anyone know anything about the quality of ATSU's rotation sites? that's my biggest concern here.

Probably a dumb question, but for anyone who attended the student ambassador event, how are you expected to dress? Formal? Business casual?

OOS II today. I didn't know they got ppl working the long weekend lol

This may be another dumb question, but does ATSU accept update letters? I didn't see an option in the application portal, but not sure if it's where I can email the admissions committee?

Just got the call for the A I interviewed 1/12 so crazy quick turn around

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II received yesterday, 1/19. Does anyone know if theyā€™re still interviewing to fill up the class or would we most likely be interviewing for waitlist spots if we interview in early February? šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

OOS II received yesterday, 1/19. Does anyone know if theyā€™re still interviewing to fill up the class or would we most likely be interviewing for waitlist spots if we interview in early February? šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
I just interviewed and was accepted to next years class so Iā€™d assume there are still spots

Any current KCOM students I can talk to? Received a II and have questions

Hey everyone,
Current third-year and Air Force HPSP student here. Happy to answer questions :)

Got the acceptance call about half an hour ago! OOS, interviewed this past Friday. Super quick turnaround šŸ˜³

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call about half an hour ago! OOS, interviewed this past Friday. Super quick turnaround šŸ˜³
Ahhh wait me too LMFAOO just got the call a few hours ago! We probably saw each other now that Iā€™m thinking about it. šŸ˜‚ Congrats!!

Got a voice mail from the admissions saying they wanted to provide me an update of my status, didnā€™t say i was rejected/accepted/waitlisted. Iā€™m studying abroad outside of the U.S. rn so i just emailed them back asking whatā€™s up, super anxious tho. Wondering what would it beā€¦.

Got a voice mail from the admissions saying they wanted to provide me an update of my status, didnā€™t say i was rejected/accepted/waitlisted. Iā€™m studying abroad outside of the U.S. rn so i just emailed them back asking whatā€™s up, super anxious tho. Wondering what would it beā€¦.
accepted! Interviewed 1/24

For those that interviewed, was it difficult to find uber to and from the airport? Just not sure what sort of transportation I could arrange ahead of time.