Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So you leave on 2/5?!

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I'll drive down there 2/3, and I'm not quite sure what my plan is for leaving just yet. Does Auburn do anything like tours or open house? When I leave will center around that!

Hey I applied to you, and this is crazy, but I hate waiting, so e-mail me, maybe?

:love:

Is anyone interviewing on 2/4 at 10AM??

I'm at 2:30!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll drive down there 2/3, and I'm not quite sure what my plan is for leaving just yet. Does Auburn do anything like tours or open house? When I leave will center around that!

I think tours are at 11 and 3 each day. It should mention it in one of the attachments in the email.

I think tours are at 11 and 3 each day. It should mention it in one of the attachments in the email.
Thanks for the info! I must have overlooked it when I was looking at the info they sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an R, and I feel the same as well. I feel like we are in alphabet rehab or something.

"Hi, I'm W, and..."
Hello, W
"I'm an M, and..."
Hello, M
"I'm R, and blah blah..."

will you please let me know when you hear anything, teaparty??

I just got mine as well. Mine didnt come until 3:30 pm and I'm an L so when I saw about Teaparty at 1:30, I got a little discouraged lol. Glad to have an opportunity to interview.

I just got my interview invite at 4:35 this evening. my last name ends in M. :D
Very excited, made my very bad day much better.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an R, and I feel the same as well. I feel like we are in alphabet rehab or something.

"Hi, I'm W, and..."
Hello, W
"I'm an M, and..."
Hello, M
"I'm R, and blah blah..."

Hahahaha, this is very true!

It doesn't hurt to call Auburn and ask about the status. Last cycle most (all? I can't remember exactly) of the invites had been supposedly sent out and I hadn't received an invite or a rejection so I called auburn to ask what my status. They said I was still in review and if I sent in my fall transcripts (which they usually don't require OOS) they'd have more to go on. I sent them in and got an invite in a couple days.

It doesn't hurt to call Auburn and ask about the status. Last cycle most (all? I can't remember exactly) of the invites had been supposedly sent out and I hadn't received an invite or a rejection so I called auburn to ask what my status. They said I was still in review and if I sent in my fall transcripts (which they usually don't require OOS) they'd have more to go on. I sent them in and got an invite in a couple days.

If I call, it will def be after all of the invites have been sent.. They're in batches of 40 and alphabetical and L and M heard today, so they're apparently not done. I have no fall transcript so they're going to have to decide based on what they have already!

If I call, it will def be after all of the invites have been sent.. They're in batches of 40 and alphabetical and L and M heard today, so they're apparently not done. I have no fall transcript so they're going to have to decide based on what they have already!

good point, you certainly wouldn't be asked to send a transcript you don't have! But just in case anyone else is considering calling...my last name starts with a B, so they would've sent mine out early if they had decided.

I'm not really understanding the notification pattern. Maybe they are overwhelmed due to the increase in OOS seats, but I have not been too impressed with the admissions communication thus far, compared to other schools. Are they going down the alphabet and determining whether to interview or reject as they go? I read above that they sent out rejections already? Anyone know of that's valid at all? If I'm rejected, just give me the news lol. BTW, I'm a W. ;)

My thought is that they don't want hundreds of students calling at once to schedule interviews at once, so they're sending them in batches.

they did this last year too...sent invites out in batches of 40......
If it makes you fell any better about how screwed up their adcom is last year on 9/28 (5 days after i submitted my VMCAS) they sent me a email saying that as an OOS they normally don't require Fall transcripts but because 50% of my pre requs were from AP scores they wanted my Fall transcripts. They sent me no less than 5 reminder emails that semester about sending my fall transcripts. I paid $15 to have them sent. I called 3 weeks after to confirm that they had received them (because i had not heard anything) and they said that if they did receive them they threw them away because I was OOS and they did not need them. I explained that i had been requested to send them and they said not to worry that i was on the list to receive an invite it might just take a while becasue they send them out in batches of 40.

Got wait listed for an interview at Florida this morning. Starting to feel pretty down about Auburn now. No email yet, though.

I got an interview!!!!!! Have not called to schedule yet so it is still TBD

Got my interview invite earlier today!! :)

What letter are we up to? I'm S and feel like I won't get one now :(((

My last name starts with P and I just got mine this morning so there is definitely still time!

I'm a P and haven't heard anything. I guess I can expect bad news...:(

The news channels are awfully excited about this southeastern rain/ "snow" storm. I've always lived down here and I still think its ridiculous.

I just got off the plane for my Iowa state interview and got an invite to AUBURN!!!! I am currently crying in the terminal!!!

To anyone still panicking a little, I emailed Auburn and Kaye Storey messaged me back saying they are still reviewing some because there were 900+ applicants this year. She said that all final decisions will be made by next week. So there's still hope!

Hi! I am new and I haven't posted anything before. I got an interview at Auburn and will be flying down from NY. Anyone interviewing on Feb 8?

About to start preparing for my Auburn interview now that I'm home from Iowa. Advantage #1 to Auburn - it's in the south and therefore much warmer than Iowa, which was -20 with the windchill when I got up this morning. I don't have clothes for that!

To anyone still panicking a little, I emailed Auburn and Kaye Storey messaged me back saying they are still reviewing some because there were 900+ applicants this year. She said that all final decisions will be made by next week. So there's still hope!

900+???? Craziness!

Benefits of Skype interview with Iowa, got to stay nice and warm.

and it's a lot cheaper.

Oh, well. I had never been to Iowa before, so I enjoyed the trip.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 51
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 49
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 49
definitely loved the skype with Iowa! So cold, and the prep doesn't get any easier than walking into the office next to my bedroom and interviewing!

Just got my Auburn invite! So excited!

I got an interview invite today, and my last name starts with a Y! :)

Also does anyone know how many people usually get accepted after interviews? IM NERVOUS

I got an interview invite today, and my last name starts with a Y! :)

Also does anyone know how many people usually get accepted after interviews? IM NERVOUS

Congrats! Wow, it took a while to get all of those interview offers sent out!

As for stats, I believe that Auburn typically accepts around 40 IS, 40 Contract, and 40 OOS. However, I have no idea how many people are being interviewed for those spots.

Congrats! Wow, it took a while to get all of those interview offers sent out!

As for stats, I believe that Auburn typically accepts around 40 IS, 40 Contract, and 40 OOS. However, I have no idea how many people are being interviewed for those spots.

I've heard that out of the 900 OOS spots at least they interview 350, and then offer about 70 for the 40 OOS spots assuming some decline, reject about 100 of the 350, so then those spots 71-250 get wait listed. I have no idea on in state!

So I came on here about half an hour ago to start collecting possible interview questions for Auburn, got completely distracted, and forgot what I was doing until just now. In my defense I just got my iPad about 2 hours ago so I'm enjoying playing with it.

Still haven't heard from Auburn. Should I be scared? My last name starts with H.