Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know about the OOS waitlist, Anyone get any calls off of it?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know about the OOS waitlist, Anyone get any calls off of it?
There have been multiple people getting called off of it. Just read the posts from the past week or so. We got an email on Friday and it sounds like Ms. Kaye is still working on the wait lists.

Members don't see this ad :)
There have been multiple people getting called off of it. Just read the posts from the past week or so. We got an email on Friday and it sounds like Ms. Kaye is still working on the wait lists.
Hi! I'm on the waitlist as well, did she send this email to all of those that are in the waitlist?

Hi! I'm on the waitlist as well, did she send this email to all of those that are in the waitlist?
No, she sent it to accepted students. She said she is still working on wait lists and once she has a full class she will be sending us more information. So it sounds like there is still more spots that needs to be filled. I hope you guys get that call this week.

Reactions: 1 users
No, she sent it to accepted students. She said she is still working on wait lists and once she has a full class she will be sending us more information. So it sounds like there is still more spots that needs to be filled. I hope you guys get that call this week.

Thank you for the update! :)

Thank you!

So I emailed Kaye on Friday and just basically asked if the class was full and if there was anything she could tell me and...she hasn't responded back so take that how you will. I know she's busy but every time I've emailed her she's gotten back to me within a day or 2 max. I'll update if she does respond. Has anyone heard anything today?

So I emailed Kaye on Friday and just basically asked if the class was full and if there was anything she could tell me and...she hasn't responded back so take that how you will. I know she's busy but every time I've emailed her she's gotten back to me within a day or 2 max. I'll update if she does respond. Has anyone heard anything today?

I haven't, but UFprevet said as of Friday it sounded like she was still working on waitlists and the class wasn't full yet.

I really hope they are still pulling form the list! But I haven't heard anything yet! I'm going crazy!

Do you guys think any of us will hear back this week?

I don't know. I still haven't received a response to the email I sent so it's hard to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe Kaye hasn't been in this week since she usually answers emails really quickly

Maybe Kaye hasn't been in this week since she usually answers emails really quickly
I don't know. It'd just be nice to know anything at this point instead of being so stuck in limbo. I feel like I can't even enjoy my graduation that's very quickly approaching because this is hanging over me and is just so unsettled.

I don't know. It'd just be nice to know anything at this point instead of being so stuck in limbo. I feel like I can't even enjoy my graduation that's very quickly approaching because this is hanging over me and is just so unsettled.

:\ It definitely does suck to be waiting every day hoping to hear something, but you should really enjoy your graduation! You'll only graduate from undergrad once and it'll be a nice end to a chapter. And if you don't get off the waitlist, you'll have a bunch of free time to improve your application for the next cycle :)

Has anyone heard anything? I don't think the class is full as of yet but I'm wondering if they are waiting on confirmations. Is anyone brave enough to call? Someone on the waitlist thread said they were giving up a spot at Auburn so there's still hope.

Has anyone heard anything? I don't think the class is full as of yet but I'm wondering if they are waiting on confirmations. Is anyone brave enough to call? Someone on the waitlist thread said they were giving up a spot at Auburn so there's still hope.

Kaye never answered your email?

i called and she said the class is pretty much set :(

We had someone added to our class two days before classes started. Things change

:( Did she mention when she would be sending out an email for that?
I didn't ask, she did say there were a few OOS who were wait listed on their IS and that theres still a chance, but she can't gaurantee anything. She was very nice, I'm sure if you call and ask she'll be available.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't ask, she did say there were a few OOS who were wait listed on their IS and that theres still a chance, but she can't gaurantee anything. She was very nice, I'm sure if you call and ask she'll be available.
Thanks so much for sharing!

i lost hope after that email but today i just got offered admission!! i was in shock, so yea don't give up yet!!

Reactions: 1 users
can someone please elaborate on the dress code for class for first years?

can someone please elaborate on the dress code for class for first years?
Have you joined the facebook page? There's a post with pictures about the dress code. Here was one of the comments from a current student: "For girls: slacks or khakis, flats/heels/nice boots, and a nice top, not a t-shirt. Business casual/professional dresses are great, something at least mid thigh. A sleeveless shirt or tank top should be covered up with a shrug. It's not that strictly enforced for girls, and you get used to it within a few weeks!"

Did anyone else who is still on the alternate list get an email from Kaye today asking if they still wanted to be considered as a possible candidate for admission??

Yea I did. I got it yesterday though. Maybe there's still hope?

For everyone waitlisted: I was in your spot last year and had given up hope by June. One week before orientation, when I was knee deep in the next application, I got a call from Mrs. Kaye offering me a seat! So point #1: there's still a chance! Point #2: academic affairs is amazing and made everything go super smoothly BUT have some idea where you'll live if you are out of town and need to arrange a room quickly. Also, I had to pay for the $2200 computer within a few days so beware of that. If you find yourself in this situation or are stressing about the possibility feel free to PM me!

For everyone waitlisted: I was in your spot last year and had given up hope by June. One week before orientation, when I was knee deep in the next application, I got a call from Mrs. Kaye offering me a seat! So point #1: there's still a chance! Point #2: academic affairs is amazing and made everything go super smoothly BUT have some idea where you'll live if you are out of town and need to arrange a room quickly. Also, I had to pay for the $2200 computer within a few days so beware of that. If you find yourself in this situation or are stressing about the possibility feel free to PM me!
Did you go ahead and schedule an application review with them? I'm wondering if I should now or if I should just wait. It's hard not knowing where you are on the list!

Hey to all those current students at auburn.. What kinds of hands on experience can i get my first year? I really want a program that gives that to you right off the bat.. Like physical exams and what not.. Can someone explain what years 1-3 are like hands-on and surgery experience wise? I really would want to go to auburn but i am not sure if the curriculum is hands on enough but i just dont know anything about it! Could someone also tell me, are classes mandatory now?

Another question for the previous class - I just got admitted and am having a conflict with the open house / session for the new class date. How important is it that I attend this? They said it is optional - I live in Chicago and have a major event planned for that evening.