Auburn University c/o 2021 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cali_bear

AUCVM Class of 2021!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, let's get this thread started! So excited that VMCAS is open and that the process is starting.

I'm IS, 23 years old, and a 1st time applicant.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm 98% sure that I'll be applying to Auburn. Still not sure if I''ll be applying here or to Tuskegee.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Last minute decision I'm applying. Does anyone know if there is a supplemental application? I don't want to be missing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, if you choose AU's program on VMCAS there are some simple questions and a small essay they require.

Has anyone by chance found out c/o 2020 stats online? I can't seem to find them.

Has anyone by chance found out c/o 2020 stats online? I can't seem to find them.

The thread "Auburn c/o 2020 applicants " has some of the applicant stats...Could always awaken the thread. Other than that, I'd do a general thread search to see if you can find some in the C/O 2020 stats threads, What are my Chances, etc.

Well this thread has been super quiet. Just wondering if anyone had trouble with the cell bio pre-req. I applied for the class of 2019, and at that time they were allowing a substitution for cell bio. I think they were in the process of changing the pre-reqs that year, and a problem never came up so honestly I didn't even know cell bio was on the list. I haven't been able to find any details on their pre-reqs for this year, just in the prospective students brochure. Anyone know if they are allowing any substitutions for this year?

I was hoping more people were applying this year .

Like you said, they are in the brochure . I remember the substitution, and I was so pumped because at the time I could substitute Cell for Physics 2. I decided to apply this cycle, and they already changed it to where you had to have Cell. So here I am taking it . They aren't doing that substitution anymore--at least this cycle they aren't.

So based on 2020s thread, it looks like interview/denials are out in the beginning of December and acceptances/waitlists are in Feb. Everyone excited?!

I haven't received any type of correspondence from Auburn, besides a confirmation email of their supplemental application fee. Has this been the same for everyone?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to find the admission stats?

Ok called Auburn - they are processing applications right now and will be starting to send out interview invites December 1.

Ok called Auburn - they are processing applications right now and will be starting to send out interview invites December 1.

That's awesome you called! And I'm assuming that's for OOS and contract seats? I think IS receives interview invites early February and interviews early March maybe? (what I could tell from past stats) @RM, are you OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)

That's awesome you called! And I'm assuming that's for OOS and contract seats? I think IS receives interview invites early February and interviews early March maybe? (what I could tell from past stats) @RM, are you OOS?

Yes thanks for clarifying that's for OOS and contract seats. She admitted that perhaps they should send an update email for all the applicants....ahhh yes please! lol

Yes thanks for clarifying that's for OOS and contract seats. She admitted that perhaps they should send an update email for all the applicants....ahhh yes please! lol

Awesome! And YES, that would feel great to get an email acknowledging our existence .

Thank you for calling and sharing with us. I was starting to worry that I haven't heard anything from Auburn other than that they received my application fee. I'm OS, first time applying to Auburn.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for calling and sharing with us. I was starting to worry that I haven't heard anything from Auburn other than that they received my application fee. I'm OS, first time applying to Auburn.
Ditto!

Omg anyone else about have a heart attack reading the email they just sent?

It is getting real, y'all.

For reference for future AUCVM SDN searches:

On behalf of Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, I would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine through Auburn University.

Currently, my colleagues and I are working on non-resident applications; and, we will begin processing applications for resident-applicants (Alabama residents or Kentucky residents applying through the Southern Regional Education Board - SREB) in December 2016.

As we begin to process the applications for Alabama and Kentucky, please be reminded that we do require unofficial final grades for each of your fall 2016 courses. You may forward unofficial transcripts to [email protected]. We do ask that you forward grades as soon as possible after the end of the fall semester to ensure we begin to process your application promptly.

For those who are applying through the SREB, we are currently working to verify Kentucky residency.

Those who will be invited for on-campus interviews should expect to receive notification in early February 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place between March 6, 2017 and March 10, 2017. Those interviewed will be asked to bring official transcripts that include final fall 2016 grades with them to their interviews.

For reference for future AUCVM SDN searches:

On behalf of Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, I would like to thank you for your interest in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine through Auburn University.

Currently, my colleagues and I are working on non-resident applications; and, we will begin processing applications for resident-applicants (Alabama residents or Kentucky residents applying through the Southern Regional Education Board - SREB) in December 2016.

As we begin to process the applications for Alabama and Kentucky, please be reminded that we do require unofficial final grades for each of your fall 2016 courses. You may forward unofficial transcripts to [email protected]. We do ask that you forward grades as soon as possible after the end of the fall semester to ensure we begin to process your application promptly.

For those who are applying through the SREB, we are currently working to verify Kentucky residency.

Those who will be invited for on-campus interviews should expect to receive notification in early February 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place between March 6, 2017 and March 10, 2017. Those interviewed will be asked to bring official transcripts that include final fall 2016 grades with them to their interviews.

I'm OOS and I got a similar email, except for they said they are processing applications now and will notify of interviews in early December, and interviews will be held January 31st-February 9th!

I got the same email, bullyb.

I'm an OOS student that went to Auburn for my Undergrad. Got my Master's at Florida. I'd love to return to the plains <3

This is belated, but I'm OOS and I also received that email HOWEVER mine was slightly modified because I was one of the poor unfortunate souls whose GRE scores got lost in oblivion this summer.

"The admissions committee is currently processing applications. As a result, you may have received correspondence from me, or my colleague Dr. Angarano, concerning missing GRE scores, supplemental application payment, missing prerequisite courses, etc. If you have not received any correspondence at this time, please do not be alarmed. We will notify you if there are missing items from your application."

Then it goes on to give the interview dates mentioned above. I hope I don't get knocked for my tardy GRE scores -_- . They were sent way too many times...

So I think they just sent out interview offers! Be on the lookout guys :)

I got offered an interview with Valor committee so I'll be there February 3rd. Goodluck to everyone! :cat:

OOS female first time applicant - was offered an interview with Valor committee. 2/3/17 :) Beyond excited

Last edited:
OOS applicant! Interviewing with Valor committee on 2/8/17 :)

OOS female first time applicant, interviewing with the NOVA Committee Jan 31st!

Congrats on interviews!
I'm still patiently waiting and crossing every body part I have hoping for an interview.
Any OOS from CA waiting to hear from Auburn yet?

I received an invite (OOS) for January 31st as well !

I will be having my interview on January 31st with the Valor committee! I'm OOS as well but attended AU for undergrad. If you want any information on Auburn let me know- it really is the Loveliest Village on the Plains! Good luck and congratulations everyone!

Haven't heard anything yet which doesn't look good for me. OOS from Georgia.

Haven't heard anything yet which doesn't look good for me. OOS from Georgia.
Stay positive! A lot of folks have applied from OOS that have not heard anything either.

Does anyone have any information on how they decide which committee an individual interviews with? Curious as to whether the specifics of application correlate with the paired committee.

I'm OOS and haven't heard anything either!! Is it just instate people hearing back right now?

I'm OOS and haven't heard anything either!! Is it just instate people hearing back right now?

I'm from California and heard this morning. They may be sending them out in waves like many programs do!

Does anyone have any information on how they decide which committee an individual interviews with? Curious as to whether the specifics of application correlate with the paired committee.
I am not sure how people are put into committees but I believe you are competing directly against those in your committee. So if theres 120 people in your committee around 20 get an acceptance, however many get waitlisted, and so on.

So I think they just sent out interview offers! Be on the lookout guys :)

I got offered an interview with Valor committee so I'll be there February 3rd. Goodluck to everyone! :cat:
I was invited to interview with Valor committee and I'm OOS. My email said interviews for "at-large candidates" are Jan. 31-Feb. 9, and I went online and selected my date and time. Is everyone considered an at-large candidate?

I was invited to interview with Valor committee and I'm OOS. My email said interviews for "at-large candidates" are Jan. 31-Feb. 9, and I went online and selected my date and time. Is everyone considered an at-large candidate?

"At-large" refers to non-Alabama and non-contract seat students.

OOS interview invite, Valor committee Jan 31st! Stoked! ^_^

Hope to see you there! Mine's at 1:30 on the 3rd. I'm OOS Texas, first time female applicant

I'm at 1:00 PM on the 3rd with Valor!! I'm a first time OOS applicant from New York! I'm really excited about getting an interview, its the first I've heard back from a school!

Anyone know if all the invites got sent out at once or will there be waves? Crossing my fingers, I'm an OOS applicant

Information on tours are pretty vague...all it says is that tours will be held at 11am and 3pm on interview days. Wondering if I'll have time to run from my interview (which ends at 11) to wherever the tour begins before getting left behind!

Unfortunately got my rejection email. Holding on hope that my IS school accepts me this year!

Unfortunately got my rejection email. Holding on hope that my IS school accepts me this year!
Sorry to hear that!:( I still haven't heard anything so they must be doing waves of invites or something like that?!

I received my rejection email today as well. Bummer, they were one of my top schools... I didn't even apply to my instate (Penn) because of cost :(

Does Auburn do file reviews?

Sorry to hear that!:( I still haven't heard anything so they must be doing waves of invites or something like that?!
I hope so! I haven't heard anything yet either. My in state is Cornell and it's really hard to get into. So I've been holding out hope for other schools

I received my rejection email today as well. Bummer, they were one of my top schools... I didn't even apply to my instate (Penn) because of cost :(

Does Auburn do file reviews?
Also received the bad news. I've always dreamed of going here, but am relived I don't have to spend $1,300 on an online Animal Nutrition class to take this spring. :D

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

I will be having my interview on January 31st with the Valor committee! I'm OOS as well but attended AU for undergrad. If you want any information on Auburn let me know- it really is the Loveliest Village on the Plains! Good luck and congratulations everyone!
Anything fun to do in the area or places to eat? :)

Does anyone know if all committees have the same number of interviewees? Seems like a lot of people are interviewing via the Valor committee.