Auburn University c/o 2021 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just replied, but after seeing this I went back and saw that the email was from [email protected]. That is really weird...did you email anyone about it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I also repled to the do not reply address. Has anyone called to ask if this is okay and will have reached the admissions department okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't contact anyone because when I went back to check it also said my email was sent to Tajuan even though the email i received said it was from a donotreply address

In staters, check your emails!

Reactions: 1 users
Kentucky resident, received my invite today :)

Does anyone know how many OOS/IS are interviewed and how many of that pool are accepted? Best of luck to those that have their interview coming up the end of this month :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many OOS/IS are interviewed and how many of that pool are accepted? Best of luck to those that have their interview coming up the end of this month :)
Based on their website, 41 OOS are accepted, 41 IS are accepted, and 38 KY residents are accepted. I am not sure how many are interviewed!

Also received the bad news. I've always dreamed of going here, but am relived I don't have to spend $1,300 on an online Animal Nutrition class to take this spring. :D

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile
I received my rejection email today as well. Bummer, they were one of my top schools... I didn't even apply to my instate (Penn) because of cost :(

Does Auburn do file reviews?

Yes they do file reviews. If you can't travel to the state of Alabama they will do it over the phone.

Just doing a quick calculation they interview around 330 OOS, of that about 300 received an initial interview offer and 30 were pulled off the waitlist for an interview.

Based on their website, 41 OOS are accepted, 41 IS are accepted, and 38 KY residents are accepted. I am not sure how many are interviewed!
Typically they interview all KY applicants. Unless someone doesn't meet the requirements. So it just depends on how many apply. Last year I think it was around 70.

Goodluck to everyone interviewing this weekend! I'm flying from Texas tomorrow for a friday interview and am really excited to tour the school. Any additional recommendations for things to see/do in Auburn and Birmingham are much appreciated :clap:

Goodluck to everyone interviewing this weekend! I'm flying from Texas tomorrow for a friday interview and am really excited to tour the school. Any additional recommendations for things to see/do in Auburn and Birmingham are much appreciated :clap:

Good luck on your interview! If you like indoor rock climbing (top rope and bouldering), there are some great gyms in Birmingham! We are members at High Point, and they are super nice. Not sure if you'd have the time for that, but there is a lot there for all skill levels .

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ask when OOS decision offers would be sent out? If not ill ask when I interview later this week.

Did anyone ask when OOS decision offers would be sent out? If not ill ask when I interview later this week.

I heard February 16th, but I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate. The admissions advisor also said about 285 OOS students were interviewed for the 41 spots!

Reactions: 2 users
I received my invitation (IS) a week or two ago. It is scheduled for March 9th. Any tips for the interview will be greatly appreciated! Auburn is my dream school!

I received my invitation (IS) a week or two ago. It is scheduled for March 9th. Any tips for the interview will be greatly appreciated! Auburn is my dream school!

The interview was very relaxed and casual! I had a faculty vet and a private practice vet interviewing me and they mostly asked questions related to my experience. I brought my transcripts, but we didn't even go over them in the room aside from me initially laying them out. The admissions advisor told us that the interview accounts for about 50% of the application with the other 50% being everything else (gpa, experience, GRE, etc).

Had a great interview, very conversational! If you haven't had one yet don't worry about it. I was told OOS would find out by Feb 16th and that 240 are being interviewed.

I agree. The interview was not bad at all.

Does anyone know the names of the interviewers for valor committee? (If you've had yours already that is)

Hey! I'm an OOS first year here at Auburn and just wanted to drop by and say good luck and if anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a message!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone been able to find a contact address for Dr. Richard Thompson? Would like to send a TY card!

Anyone have a more concrete idea of when OOS decisions will be sent out?

Anyone have a more concrete idea of when OOS decisions will be sent out?

I was told by Tajuan after my interview that they would have decisions by the 16th also! Hoping they come out sooner :)

Do we know if they will be calling or emailing or sending paper acceptances?

Do we know if they will be calling or emailing or sending paper acceptances?
From what I've read on past threads, they call if you are accepted and email if you are wait-listed or not accepted. I'm not sure if it will be the same this year. I'm nervous this morning. I hope we hear something today.

Just got the call 10 minutes ago.. OOS accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!! What day did you guys interview and with what committee?

OOS Accepted! Valor committee! I loved my interviewers they were honestly such cool people.

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED OOS!!! :D
(Spirit Committee, Interviewed 2/2)

Last edited:
Well it's going to take a few hours to call 80 people unless different people are calling :whistle:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call!! OOS, Valor Committee, Feb. 3. I might have squealed a little bit when he said Congrats...:p

Reactions: 3 users
It almost looks like they are calling by interview date