Auburn University

Started by luplodw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so my interview is coming up and I had a question. Does anyone know the parking situation? Can I park at the vet school or how does it work? I don't want to get towed haha. And just a question out of curiosity, how many of you guys that applied are juniors?

You can park at the vet school. When you go in for your interview Kaye will give you a day parking pass, that you can run back out to your car. Good luck :xf:
 
When does Auburn typically send out IS acceptances (yes, obviously after interviews)? I suspect a few of you might have applied to 'Skegee too since it's your other IS option. It would be swell if you'd pick Auburn and open up a slot or two at the school up the road. 😀 Not that I have an ulterior motive or anything 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my interview moved to the Tuesday of my Spring break. From beach to interview back to the beach. Should be an interesting day. Anyone else interviewing on the 16th?
 
Edit: haha, so my original post was just after I had read the Texas A&M one and someone had posted that they got rejected...but that hasn't happened, yet, so...good luck on interviews ISers! In relation to the OOS students (especially those on waitlist):

It looks like I won't be heading back to the Plains...99.99% sure I'll be accepting my in-state since I'm already accepted and not waitlisted, and (unless I read that letter wrong) Auburn doesn't notify you of coming off the waitlist until after April 15th and Texas A&M will need to know before then, so...one less person some of you OOSers will have to leapfrog over for an AU spot 🙂 Or maybe not...since I have no idea what our rankings are, haha. But will probably be e-mailing Kaye and withdrawing my waitlist status if not this week than next. Good luck, everyone! Guess I need to start wearing maroon...
 
Last edited:
For you OOS'ers on the alternates list...I'm still waiting to hear back from my IS school. As much as I loved Auburn, I'd still have to go with my home school if for no other reason than it's cheaper. So here's to hoping I get into NC.:xf:
 
Aspiring, I will be there at 11:30. Which means I am going to have to leave gulf shores at like 5 a.m. :scared:. So if you want to bring me some coffee or some caffeine pills, maybe a 5 hour energy, that would be awesome haha 😀
 
Aspiring, I will be there at 11:30. Which means I am going to have to leave gulf shores at like 5 a.m. :scared:. So if you want to bring me some coffee or some caffeine pills, maybe a 5 hour energy, that would be awesome haha 😀

I'm at 11:00, so I'll do my best to get the interviewers warmed up for you 😎
 
Aspiring, I will be there at 11:30. Which means I am going to have to leave gulf shores at like 5 a.m. :scared:. So if you want to bring me some coffee or some caffeine pills, maybe a 5 hour energy, that would be awesome haha 😀

I live in Elberta! What a coincidence. My interview is the 11th at 3:00 (I'm leaving Wed afternoon and plan on staying with my cousin who is in her first year of the program). I have to work on Fri so I plan on leaving after my interview. Good luck to you!
 
Elberta... not sure where that is. Ill be in gulf shores because its University of Alabama's spring break (I go to UA) and I'll be at the beach... yay! So, my plan is get up really early, drive 4.5 hours to Auburn, take my interview, then drive 4.5 hours back. Haha, never driven that much in a day before.
 
Elberta... not sure where that is. Ill be in gulf shores because its University of Alabama's spring break (I go to UA) and I'll be at the beach... yay! So, my plan is get up really early, drive 4.5 hours to Auburn, take my interview, then drive 4.5 hours back. Haha, never driven that much in a day before.

Oh, I assumed you were from Gulf Shores when you said you were driving (didn't think about the spring break thing). Elberta is about 30min north of there. It's an easy drive to Auburn though, once you get on 65. Have fun on your break! Make a trip to the FloraBama and Live Bait Too 😉, they should have something going on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, I didn't realize that Auburn hadn't interviewed it's IS and contract students yet. And I thought I had to wait a long time....good luck everyone!
 
Out of Staters get excited, I turned in my acceptance at U of Illinois today, decline of admission for Auburn will be in the mail in the next day or so. I hope one of you get my seat!
 
Well, I was rejected from my IS school so looks like I'll be an Auburn Tiger next year.

don't sound so excited! 😀 Auburn is an awesome place and I assure you you will love it just as much as NCSU.. just ask any of those awesome candidates who are dying to get off the alternate list. They'd kill for your spot 🙂 If you'd really prefer NCSU why don't you wait a year and apply again? Regardless, looking forward to meeting everybody at open house in April! 👍:xf:
 
Well AULablover, I'm sorry to come off as unenthusiastic about it. I absolutely loved the people and the facilites. For me, it has a lot to do with leaving everything that's familar to me. I will be at orientation just as happy as a bee. I just can't figure out why my IS didn't want me when an OOS school did. Also, I don't think applying to NCSU again would change their decision. That and I don't want to take any longer to become a vet than I have to. I really am happy /honored to have been choosen to attrend this school. I'll be better in the morning.
 
Okay well then I apologize for assuming you weren't thrilled to be going to AU .. I understand the disappointment of not getting your #1 choice and definitely not wanting to put off your career any longer. I feel like we've probably all been waiting for this opportunity our whole lives.. I am very much looking forward to meeting you and everybody else and if you have any questions about Auburn I'm sure any of us would be willing to answer them 🙂 Welcome to the Auburn family. It's a great one. War Eagle !
 
I'm glad you aren't upset with me. Not the way I wanted to start everything off. We should make a facebook group (I'll try but I'm not sure how successful I'll be with that...I'm facebook illiterate. lol). I look forward to meeting you and everyone else at open house. Good luck to all those IS and contract students. Can't wait to see who all's going to be in the class of 2014.
 
For you IS and contract students, when are y'all supposed to be notified by the admissions office? Whenever they are and y'all decide, I have created a group for next year's class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ms. Storey said that letters would go out by the end of the month :scared:. Hoping and praying that I'll be able to join the c/o 2014 group, as I really, really, REALLY loved the school. 😍 Best of luck to everyone!
 
Does by the end of the month mean that there is a possibility that they could come out before? Do you know approximately how many people were interviewed from AL and KY? (btw, I know they're 2 separate pools). I wish you the best of luck Aspiring...I hope you get in! :xf:
 
Does by the end of the month mean that there is a possibility that they could come out before? Do you know approximately how many people were interviewed from AL and KY? (btw, I know they're 2 separate pools). I wish you the best of luck Aspiring...I hope you get in! :xf:

Thanks, Wolfpack 🙂
The terminology does seems to leave the possibility of letters coming out earlier -- I just keep telling myself not to expect anything til early April so I won't drive myself crazy if they don't come earlier. Don't know about Alabama, but I heard through the rumor mill that 86 people interviewed for 40 (hopefully) KY slots.
 
You're welcome Aspiring! Keep me informed....I'm really curious to know. I'll be lurking on here a lot these next week or so (not that I don't already do that) to see what happens.
 
just ask any of those awesome candidates who are dying to get off the alternate list. They'd kill for your spot 🙂

Dying is an understatement!! I emailed Ms. Kaye and she said as soon as they know they have less than 15 spots for OOS, they will start contacting alternates - even if it's before April 15th. I really hope they move through the alternate list quickly! 🙄
 
wolfpack- The letter just said "alternate" but I know Auburn uses an undisclosed rank system. I interviewed at my IS and was rejected, so Auburn is my only hope for this year! :xf:
 
I wish you the best of luck Wahooligan. I too know what it feels like to be rejected from you IS. Here's to hoping that the go through (rather quickly I might add) that list of people. Unfortunately, all these schools are on such a different schedule as far as admissions goes, that a lot of times it does take until after the April 15th deadline to move through the list.
 
Ok, Alabama and Kentucky people, I heard from a little bird that they are sending the letters out at the end of this week 😱. My cousin is in her first year of the program and she told me today that she heard that's when they were going to do it. I hope she's right, because I have been driving myself crazy wondering when those letters were going to get in the mail!
 
Kaye said at my interview that they interviewed around 83-82 KY people for 40 slots and that hopefully acceptance letters would be in the mail on the 23nd or 24th; so hopefully they will have them out soon!
 
I do hope for all those waiting that letters are sent out this week. Good luck to everyone. I have my fingers crossed for you :xf:
 
I was just wondering if anyone has any information regarding housing near Auburn? I am hoping to get my housing situation figured out when I visit in April, because I am OOS and really can’t afford to travel numerous times. I’ve heard that there are some trailer parks within close proximity of the vet school, and possibly one that is mostly vet students. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear from Auburn :xf:
 
Just got an email today from Kaye saying that she has sent out the final admissions letters in the mail today. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!
 
I was just wondering if anyone has any information regarding housing near Auburn? I am hoping to get my housing situation figured out when I visit in April, because I am OOS and really can’t afford to travel numerous times. I’ve heard that there are some trailer parks within close proximity of the vet school, and possibly one that is mostly vet students. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear from Auburn :xf:

There is housing all over. I don't know if you are looking to buy or rent but since my parents and I have been looking at condos to buy, it seems that this town is ALL for sale/rent. I would suggest going to realestateinauburn.com if you want to buy something. Ryan is the realtor I worked the most with and he is really helpful. He can show any listing in the state of Alabama. If you are looking to rent or buy a mobile home there are quite a few mobile home parks right around the vet school that have available listings at the main offices. I know you said you wanted to figure it out ahead of time but if you want to wait until open house weekend I think you could easily go around and look at places and even probably sign a lease.. Everyone around here is EAGER to sell/lease. Oh, and if anyone is looking for a duplex to rent.. my landlord is renting mine out for the fall but my room (the biggest) will also be available starting in May.. It is a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom house for $975 total.. fenced in backyard with pets allowed!

P.S. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WAITING FOR THEIR LETTERS! :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah...ok. Thanks Luplodw, good luck to you with the Tennessee decision. Hopefully IS students start finding out today. :xf:
 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just got accepted! Auburn here I come!!!!!!!!!!
:hardy:😍😍:biglove::biglove::banana:🤣:clap::soexcited:😀
Congrats, Riley! Good luck with your decision. I'm looking forward to meeting you if you choose Auburn!
ETA: oh, and I love the goat avatar!
 
As if the waiting couldnt get any worse. My roommate (whose has the mail key) left for the day and won't be back till after 5. So now I have to wait in anticipation while that letter sits locked away in its 1 foot by 4 inch cell known as my mailbox.

Nevertheless CONGRATS! to riley and aspring