Auditory Learner HALP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swolebabydoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!!!

I am studying for the MCAT now, taking it in Sept. I am someone who remembers the things they have heard best. The issue is I cannot find a good way to do this, even watching the Khan Academy videos. Does anyone have tips?

I have complete set of Kaplan books, I have EK 1001, TBR (all). I have a study plan but I am not sure if I am doing anything that I'll keep...

ANY advice you have I will take! I am currently studying 3-3.5 hours a day and 5.5-6hrs on the weekends.

Last MCAT attempt was 486 (trash as hell ik) and I gave myself 4.5 months to get ~505

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!!!

I am studying for the MCAT now, taking it in Sept. I am someone who remembers the things they have heard best. The issue is I cannot find a good way to do this, even watching the Khan Academy videos. Does anyone have tips?

I have complete set of Kaplan books, I have EK 1001, TBR (all). I have a study plan but I am not sure if I am doing anything that I'll keep...

ANY advice you have I will take! I am currently studying 3-3.5 hours a day and 5.5-6hrs on the weekends.

Last MCAT attempt was 486 (trash as hell ik) and I gave myself 4.5 months to get ~505
Go see your schools tutoring center and have them work with you on your reading/studying and the details of your plan

"Finally, and most damning, is that there have been systematic studies of the effectiveness of learning styles that have consistently found either no evidence or very weak evidence to support the hypothesis that matching or “meshing” material in the appropriate format to an individual’s learning style is selectively more effective for educational attainment. Students will improve if they think about how they learn but not because material is matched to their supposed learning style."

No evidence to back idea of learning styles | Letter
The Myth of 'Learning Styles'
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...-aJVzTJLBEP-cpgQtdAmzI9Qpv9RPUGfINPCDwI_OGeg2

Though you say you're an "auditory learner" this may help

I commuted long distances during my MCAT prep season, so audio resources were essential to my studying regimen. Here's a list of resources I found to be the most helpful:

• ExamKrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis (made for the old MCAT, but the science sections are still very relevant, though probably a bit heavy on orgo since its not as heavily emphasized anymore).
  • Doc Cizadlo's human anatomy podcast. I used this for certain organ systems that I had difficulty visualizing, and he does a great job at that.
  • KDPsych on youtube is a shamefully underrated resource for psych/ soc. I was scoring 123s on practice exams and after his videos I ended up scoring a 130 on the real thing.
  • Khan Academy is best for psych/ soc, the other sections weren't that helpful for me personally.
I don't have any resources for CARS, I feel like thats just something you have to do with non-audio resources. If I think of anymore I'll update you. Good luck.