AVC c/o 2022 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No interview here either. Not surprised in the least, but still a bit disappointed!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply to other schools/are you planning to apply to other schools?

Did you apply to other schools/are you planning to apply to other schools?

AVC is (unfortunately) my only option due to financial reasons, so I didn't bother applying anywhere else. I think a few of my classmates are planning on applying to the Carribean schools though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AVC is (unfortunately) my only option due to financial reasons, so I didn't bother applying anywhere else. I think a few of my classmates are planning on applying to the Carribean schools though.

I also only applied to AVC, also for financial reasons. Other schools are so expensive! I'm not done trying at AVC yet but I'm feeling I might go abroad and just deal with the debt if I don't get in after another few tries...

I also only applied to AVC, also for financial reasons. Other schools are so expensive! I'm not done trying at AVC yet but I'm feeling I might go abroad and just deal with the debt if I don't get in after another few tries...

I'm a maritime resident and will be applying for next year, and was wondering if you guys would have an idea of the grade range needed to get in? Haven't done the GRE yet, probably sometime in the summer, but having a hard time knowing if I even have a chance! Thanks

I'm a maritime resident and will be applying for next year, and was wondering if you guys would have an idea of the grade range needed to get in? Haven't done the GRE yet, probably sometime in the summer, but having a hard time knowing if I even have a chance! Thanks
On the admissions website it gives the ranges accepted in previous years which are somewhere around 73-93. As well, in my rejection email, it said:
"The admissions committee made their decision on who would be invited to the interview stage from the applicant ranking which was out of sixty. Twenty-five marks are calculated when a student submits their application. This is the applicants average in the last full academic year (September-April). Twenty-five marks are calculated from the 10 prescribed courses. This calculation is re-evaluated each time a new transcript is submitted. The final 10 marks are from the GRE result. It is the average of the three percentile scores multiplied by .1.
To be competitive applicants should aim for a score of 47-48 out of 60, but from Newfoundland should aim for 51-52. Please note that these are estimates and can change from year to year."

Reactions: 1 user
On the admissions website it gives the ranges accepted in previous years which are somewhere around 73-93. As well, in my rejection email, it said:
"The admissions committee made their decision on who would be invited to the interview stage from the applicant ranking which was out of sixty. Twenty-five marks are calculated when a student submits their application. This is the applicants average in the last full academic year (September-April). Twenty-five marks are calculated from the 10 prescribed courses. This calculation is re-evaluated each time a new transcript is submitted. The final 10 marks are from the GRE result. It is the average of the three percentile scores multiplied by .1.
To be competitive applicants should aim for a score of 47-48 out of 60, but from Newfoundland should aim for 51-52. Please note that these are estimates and can change from year to year."

Good to know, I wonder what the score is for all the provinces! Good luck for next years round :)

Can anyone tell me how the seats are divided among the 4 canadian provinces? The admissions website isnt very straight forward.
I'm from the west coast and am contemplating moving to one of the 4 atlantic provinces to establish residency for AVC. Does anyone know of anyone that has done that, and if I should not even bother entertaining the idea?

Can anyone tell me how the seats are divided among the 4 canadian provinces? The admissions website isnt very straight forward.
I'm from the west coast and am contemplating moving to one of the 4 atlantic provinces to establish residency for AVC. Does anyone know of anyone that has done that, and if I should not even bother entertaining the idea?

At least one of my classmates moved from Ontario to PEI to establish. Maybe @Coquette22 knows the actual numbers but it’s not a lot.

Are you from the US or Canada?

I am from the US, so I cannot say anything on moving to establish residency, but I can give you the numbers that I was told last year for when I was giving tours. 10 seats from PEI, 3 from Newfoundland, 13 from New Brunswick and 16 seats from Nova Scotia for a total of 42. The other 26 seats are for international students.

Class of 2023 hopeful here. Just out of curiosity, who did you get your acceptance/rejection letter emails from? I’m patiently (but anxiously) waiting to hear back and just trying to pass the time by preparing myself for when/who the email will come from! I know jack said before the 15 but is it ever a lot earlier than that?