You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread
Started by LetItSnow
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Welp, Imma go paddlebaording again. Woop woop. I'm out!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good job, guys!
Sorry I didn't (couldn't) vote -- someone whacked me over the head last night and silenced me.
Sorry I didn't (couldn't) vote -- someone whacked me over the head last night and silenced me.Struck by lightning: N1 - IPB, N2 - SOV, N3 - wolfspeaker (but it missed), N4 - none, according to the write-up "No rogue electrical activity was reported last night."So who all was struck by lightning or electrical whips or whatever else devyn could do? I know SOV was, but he's dead now 🙄
Struck by lightning: N1 - IPB, N2 - SOV, N3 - wolfspeaker (but it missed), N4 - none, according to the write-up "No rogue electrical activity was reported last night."
Very helpful, thanks! 🙂
For people who know the series better than me, do you think the ice/freezing/block night actions ability belongs to a villager or villain?
Sooomebody shot me with an arrow last night! 😡 
You could have saved it for someone else LMAO, it was wasted 😛 I got called into work this morning(hate being woke up after 5 hours of sleep) and would have missed lynch anyways. Just got home about 1.5 hours ago. And I have to go back in 1 hour. 🙁 Won't be online for Night deadline, and will likely miss Day 5 lynch too. :cry:
The one day I had to work this weekend and y'all had to accelerate game play. 🙁

You could have saved it for someone else LMAO, it was wasted 😛 I got called into work this morning(hate being woke up after 5 hours of sleep) and would have missed lynch anyways. Just got home about 1.5 hours ago. And I have to go back in 1 hour. 🙁 Won't be online for Night deadline, and will likely miss Day 5 lynch too. :cry:
The one day I had to work this weekend and y'all had to accelerate game play. 🙁
Oh and Great Job on getting another wolf guys!!! 😀
Cuit was the one who brought up that it sounded a lot like a Frost Giant ability, and that would be a wolf by my reckoning. In Thor, the Frost Giants tried to conquer Earth, which led to them being defeated by Asgard. Their king, Laufey, tried to kill Odin, Thor's father. So I find it hard to believe that a Frost Giant role is going be to a villager. On the other hand, there was an item that could freeze people too: the Casket of Ancient Winters. The only character we saw use it was Loki, though, and I'm not sure that a non-Frost Giant would be able to use it. And we knew on the first day that being frozen meant being role-blocked thanks to krist, so I don't think a responsible villager would use it if they got it. That, plus the fact that the write-ups have mentioned someone being frozen every night so far, leads me to believe that it is a wolf ability rather than an item.Very helpful, thanks! 🙂
For people who know the series better than me, do you think the ice/freezing/block night actions ability belongs to a villager or villain?
So far the wolves that we've killed are Red Skull (villain spy) from Captain America and Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2. It seems that the wolves are the villains from the individual movies, since The Avengers didn't have enough for a WW game. My best guesses:
Iron Man - Obadiah Stane
Incredible Hulk - Emil Blonsky/the Abomination
Thor - Frost Giant/King Laufey?
Avengers - Loki and possibly the Chitauri leader
As for villagers, so far all the dead have been either Avengers or SHIELD members. I'm assuming that we still have four Avengers alive, although they may not be able to act without a specific item:
Tony Stark/Iron Man, Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Thor
And there are several high-ranking SHIELD members that are likely roles:
Nick Fury, Maria Hill (unsure if the love is her doing or someone else's), Phil Coulson
We've had two SHIELD Scientists and one SHIELD agent die, so I'm not sure if the remaining villagers are all SHIELD personnel or if they include supporting characters drawn from all the movies (like Pepper, Rhodey, Sif and Warriors 3, Dr. Selvig...).
Was hoping for more conversation when I was home.
Kinda dead in here.
Well, now I'm off to work 2nd time today! Be back after Day 5 Lynch deadline.
that we get another wolf!
Kinda dead in here. Well, now I'm off to work 2nd time today! Be back after Day 5 Lynch deadline.
that we get another wolf!Do lynch votes count before the write-up is posted?
Seriously people. It is still night. Results have not been posted. If you need to send in a contingency vote that's fine but please wait until night results are posted to start voting.
I would prefer you hold off on the lynch votes until after the write-up, just because nighttime info may influence it. I will count the ones that are already out there.
The write-up should be up any time. It's already completed, and all the PMs are out. I'm just about to start with the item PMs.
Woopsie. Noted. I waited until you guys said night was over before I posted....didn't think about waiting until actual results were posted.
derrr.Yay on Devyn being a wolf!!!!! I was starting to get nervous when she started talking oddly....I hoped everyone wouldn't back off the vote. And we didn't! Yaay!
And bravo, mods for having such a quick writeup after a very very quick plurality. Way to keep the game moving! Sorry we screwed with the schedule again, though. 🙁
I am back. Yay, we got a wolf 👍. Some defense on Devyn's part lol
.
I don't think it's necessarily true to assume that a villager would not use a role that blocks nightly actions. In the lounge game I had a role that did that and I used it every night. It is very beneficial to a villager because if you block someone and there is no death, you could have blocked a wolf.
. I don't think it's necessarily true to assume that a villager would not use a role that blocks nightly actions. In the lounge game I had a role that did that and I used it every night. It is very beneficial to a villager because if you block someone and there is no death, you could have blocked a wolf.
I am back. Yay, we got a wolf 👍. Some defense on Devyn's part lol.
I don't think it's necessarily true to assume that a villager would not use a role that blocks nightly actions. In the lounge game I had a role that did that and I used it every night. It is very beneficial to a villager because if you block someone and there is no death, you could have blocked a wolf.
Or you could have blocked a Seer. 🙁
That's why I hate blocking/silencing/killing roles for villagers.
Or you could have blocked a Seer. 🙁
That's why I hate blocking/silencing/killing roles for villagers.
Agreed, I think they can be helpful at the end of the game and stuff but not when you just use them randomly.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are still missing several PMs. You have 1 hour.
Annnnd home. Thanks for trusting me, even with all the questionable activity around when / what I did. In hindsight, yes, I should have said something right away and yes, I should have stuck around for the lynch instead of playing Mario with Trem most of the evening (altho she probably wouldn't have enjoyed me poking around the forum more than I already am
) . Sorry PP, I could have prevented your lynch but didn't. To everyone else, I am only doing what I think is most correct at any given time, but I AM listening to comments about actions and what is the best tactic for given situations.
I have no new information at this point other than to warn people that in one of the posts I made above, specifically the one talking about items I sent to someone else, there was a word in there that you SHOULD NOT USE. It blocks your next lynch vote, which is what the mods PMd me about. hahaha Kind of ironic that I call out Devyn then can't even vote to lynch her.
I have no new information at this point other than to warn people that in one of the posts I made above, specifically the one talking about items I sent to someone else, there was a word in there that you SHOULD NOT USE. It blocks your next lynch vote, which is what the mods PMd me about. hahaha Kind of ironic that I call out Devyn then can't even vote to lynch her.
Right, a villager very well could have a blocking ability. But a villager having the ability to block by freezing, when we can't think of anyone good in the Avengers/SHIELD but can think of a couple of villainous possibilities, makes it more likely to my way of thinking that our freezer is a wolf.I don't think it's necessarily true to assume that a villager would not use a role that blocks nightly actions. In the lounge game I had a role that did that and I used it every night. It is very beneficial to a villager because if you block someone and there is no death, you could have blocked a wolf.
And blocking randomly is never a good idea for the villagers. Especially early in the game, you're more likely to stop an investigator or protector, or maybe block someone who can PM in this game, than stop a wolf kill. Later, perhaps, or if you have strong suspicions about someone, it could be helpful.
Thanks for the warning for us to learn from your mistake.I have no new information at this point other than to warn people that in one of the posts I made above, specifically the one talking about items I sent to someone else, there was a word in there that you SHOULD NOT USE. It blocks your next lynch vote, which is what the mods PMd me about. hahaha Kind of ironic that I call out Devyn then can't even vote to lynch her.

Ok then who's been blocked?
N1- krist
N2- dyachei (I think?)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
yes, I was frozen N2
There was also something in the write-up about ice/freezing for N3 and N4, but so far no one has admitted to being blocked. Other than that, my ability failed on N1 and I'm not sure why. It has worked every night since then (N5 pending, obviously), so I don't know if it had a chance of failure that I don't know about, if I was blocked, or if it was related to being struck by lightning--which I highly doubt, as the lightning/silencing results came in a separate PM, the notice I got about the failure said nothing/implied nothing about lightning, and no one else who's been struck has said they were blocked.Ok then who's been blocked?
N1- krist
N2- dyachei (I think?)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
*************************************************************
I am one ugly mofo!!!!! get em wolfies!!!!!
*************************************************************
I am one ugly mofo!!!!! get em wolfies!!!!!
*************************************************************
Still missing some PMs. You have 20 minutes.
*************************************************************************
Can I just say I love my avatar!!!!😍 He is one
hot mofo - yep - hello! 😍
*************************************************************************
hot mofo - yep - hello! 😍
*************************************************************************
He's much better than E.T., that's for damn sure.
He's much better than E.T., that's for damn sure.
👍👍👍 Yes, the E.T. was really weird. lol
Night is closed. Results pending. It may take me awhile because I think LIS is busy but I will begin sending out PMs. Remember to not post about PMs (or vote 😉) until results are posted.
He's much better than E.T., that's for damn sure.
****************************************************************
it was for a WW game for space theme...HELLO MCFLY!!!!!! 🙄
and now I finally get to change my avatar and die

****************************************************************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our New Yorkers went to bed feeling triumphant. They had vanquished yet another foe. Surely they were safe. Once again, they learned a powerful lesson.
While there was no lightning bouncing off building or frost covering their windows, there was still evil in the air.
All of the citizens gathered in Central Park for a concert but they noticed that someone was missing. But who? They all spread out in search of their missing comrade. From across the Park they heard a scream. As everyone rushed toward it, they noticed the body. Yes, it appears that Ivorypolarbear, was dead.
It is now Day 5. You have until midnight CDT tonight to lynch a fellow player. This will hopefully get us back on a normal schedule. Item PMs won't be going out for just a little while because of dinner.
18 players remain.
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
7. Sheepdogpsu - Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose battery will go unused.
9. StartingoverVet- Steve Rogers who never got to become Captain America
10. squirrelsrule
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text - Red Skull the villain spy
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko
16. Philliab
17. Holdonhope
18. Trematoda - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose villain detector will never see completion
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
22. devyn - Ivan Vanko
23. krist
24. Abney
25. PetPony - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who would throw herself in front of a bullet for an Avenger
26. Tiger369
While there was no lightning bouncing off building or frost covering their windows, there was still evil in the air.
All of the citizens gathered in Central Park for a concert but they noticed that someone was missing. But who? They all spread out in search of their missing comrade. From across the Park they heard a scream. As everyone rushed toward it, they noticed the body. Yes, it appears that Ivorypolarbear, was dead.
It is now Day 5. You have until midnight CDT tonight to lynch a fellow player. This will hopefully get us back on a normal schedule. Item PMs won't be going out for just a little while because of dinner.
18 players remain.
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
10. squirrelsrule
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko
16. Philliab
17. Holdonhope
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
23. krist
24. Abney
26. Tiger369
Last edited:
Very helpful, thanks! 🙂
For people who know the series better than me, do you think the ice/freezing/block night actions ability belongs to a villager or villain?
👍 I would think villager, but honestly I'm more inclined to think that its an item than a role.
If someone else has more knowledge than I do (I've only seen the Avengers movie, but that's it) then please chime in.
an unbound lamp gathers a flower underneath forty degrees in the hallway.
I'm sure this news is upsetting and all, but I can't quite bring myself to think of anything but Maria Hill. She is the most exquisite thing I have ever laid eyes on.
I'm sure this news is upsetting and all, but I can't quite bring myself to think of anything but Maria Hill. She is the most exquisite thing I have ever laid eyes on.
Not you too Abs! Sucks doesn't it...
IPB 🙁🙁
I disagree; I think it's probably a wolfy ability (therefore role) for the reasons IPB stated earlier.👍 I would think villager, but honestly I'm more inclined to think that its an item than a role.
I am totally NOT being forced to not tell the truth. 🙄
I am NOT sad that IPB died! 🙁
I do NOT hope we get more wolves to avenge her death! 😡😡
I am NOT sad that IPB died! 🙁
I do NOT hope we get more wolves to avenge her death! 😡😡
IPB 🙁🙁I disagree; I think it's probably a wolfy ability (therefore role) for the reasons IPB stated earlier.
👍 I think I agree. And who was IPB?? There's no role next to her name or anything? I hope that it means she was just a villager or whatever without an important role!
👍 I think I agree. And who was IPB?? There's no role next to her name or anything? I hope that it means she was just a villager or whatever without an important role!
Ooo good point. I just noticed it myself. I guess all we know is that she was a villager.
Does anyone have a solid lead for the lynch? If not... something about zany's posts have been bugging me but I can't quite put my finger on it. Her posts have all been sort of vague and she keeps claiming ignorance of the theme (honestly, the latter always makes me go
when people say it, 'cause google and wikipedia are your friends).
I don't want to start a bandwagon, but for now -- lynch zanydogz. I will gladly change my vote if better info comes up.
when people say it, 'cause google and wikipedia are your friends).I don't want to start a bandwagon, but for now -- lynch zanydogz. I will gladly change my vote if better info comes up.
👍 I think I agree. And who was IPB?? There's no role next to her name or anything? I hope that it means she was just a villager or whatever without an important role!
That is very weird that there is no role listed, I wonder if that is a mod mistake or if IPB didn't have any special role.
**************
Hey guys...
********************
Hey guys...
********************
eleven hours after the orange grass ate a little vodka marshmallow, BOP!!!
eleven hours after the orange grass ate a little vodka marshmallow, BOP!!!
******************************************************************
where can I get a vodka marshmallow???? and do they
come in whiskey flavor???!?!?!? 😕
******************************************************************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do NOT have a huge deadline tomorrow. I WILL be around the rest of the night working on it. 🙁
There was also something in the write-up about ice/freezing for N3 and N4, but so far no one has admitted to being blocked. Other than that, my ability failed on N1 and I'm not sure why. It has worked every night since then (N5 pending, obviously), so I don't know if it had a chance of failure that I don't know about, if I was blocked, or if it was related to being struck by lightning--which I highly doubt, as the lightning/silencing results came in a separate PM, the notice I got about the failure said nothing/implied nothing about lightning, and no one else who's been struck has said they were blocked.
This makes me think IPB wasn't just a plain old no role villager, so not sure what the lack of a role in the write-up means, but she's green, so we know she was good, which is 🙁 now that she's gone.
All item PMs have been sent. If you think there was an error, please let us know.
Maria Hill!! I must profess my love for you!!! You are beautiful and perfect and everything I want!!!!! Please say that you will love me too!!!!!!!
😍😍😍😍😍
😍😍😍😍😍
******
Playing Mario? If I remember correctly, Trematode said something about you needing to come to bed. 😀
******
THAT'S what the kids are calling it nowadays? "Playing Mario"? Huh.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 121K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 188K
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K