Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread

Started by LetItSnow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm....but squirrels hasn't really defended herself right? For some reason, I can't see where squirrels or tiger has defended themselves. The only thing we have is that bbeventer is claiming that tiger has been cleared, right? Sorry but I really thought this lynch would be over by the time I got home so I stopped thinking about it. :laugh:
I'd say that Tiger put forth a pretty impassioned defense, considering that she's untruth-spelled and has to say everything backwards. She claims to be a member of SHIELD, like some who have already died. And bbeventer implied that Tiger was an Agent. Squirrels basically said we'd be dumb if we lynched her and hasn't really been addressing our concerns.
 
I may as well say my role since it is not of much value anymore. I am Ashley Johnson, I can be saved by Captain America (a lot of good that does me!).
That... doesn't make any sense. Google says that's the name of the actress who played the waitress in Avengers. She's not a Marvel character.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That... doesn't make any sense. Google says that's the name of the actress who played the waitress in Avengers. She's not a Marvel character.
To expand on this thought... I suppose it's possible (never assume in WW) but my gut reaction says the mods wouldn't use the actress's name as the role title.
 
Lynch-o-Meter says:


squirrels (11) - tiger369, abney, zanydogz, IPB, cuitl, wolfspeaker, orcakillerwhale, philliab, dyachei, bbeventer

Tiger369 (1) - nohika (contingency)

philliab (1) - squirrels

Deadline is 8pm CDT.

We are at plurality, but I can't do the write-up. We'll close out and write up as soon as Lissa is around, or my kids go to bed, whichever happens first. 🙂
 
To expand on this thought... I suppose it's possible (never assume in WW) but my gut reaction says the mods wouldn't use the actress's name as the role title.

I haven't seen the avengers movie, and am having trouble finding information on this, what did the Waitress do in the movie?
 
No one else has had(for the dead) a real life actors/actress name. It's all been character names.

My vote sticks for squirrels.
 
I haven't seen the avengers movie, and am having trouble finding information on this, what did the Waitress do in the movie?
IIRC she was just kind of there and got saved by Captain America, and thanked him personally on a news clip at the end of the movie. A few things I found suggest her nametag said 'Beth' but I'm having a hard time confirming that :shrug:
 
That... doesn't make any sense. Google says that's the name of the actress who played the waitress in Avengers. She's not a Marvel character.
I agree. And there are plenty of characters in the movies to choose from who are closely associated with SHIELD or an individual Avenger. Picking a minor role in the movie (who isn't even named and doesn't know the main characters) and using her actress's name seems extremely suspect, especially considering the list of the dead so far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You mean the character since the actress's name is in the second paragraph? Also, from enlarging the picture linked in the article (found here: http://a.yfrog.com/img815/5782/330xj.jpg) it does look like the character's name is Beth.

In any case, I agree. It's a minor role compared to everything else.

Right, I meant to say no character name was given for the actress, but I guess in the process of it coming out of my brain to the keyboard it got shortened too much 😉
 
Oh well, I guess I get to get back to my records, almost done with them 🙂. Plus now I can get to bed on time 😀. I think I'm WWd out for a while, it's just not the same without a groupie that has my back no matter what and I have theirs and we can plan our crazy schemes. Plus, I've come to the realization that I will never live to the end of a WW game 🙁.
 
With the death of Iron Man, the city exploded into a writhing mass of enraged humanity.

Somebody.

Must.

Pay.

Initially, the unthinking crowd turned its angry gaze on Tiger369, who did a phenomenally convincing look-behind-him move and said "Wha... me? Huh?"

From out of nowhere, someone shouted "SQUIRRELS! GET HER! SHE THROWS NUTS AT ME, CHITTERS LIKE CRAZY, AND HER BITE IS RABID!"

"Wait!" shouted Squirrels. "I'm just a waitress. I'm such a bit player that my role name is my actress name because my role doesn't even have an actual name in the movie!"

That gave the crowd pause. Mostly because they don't understand a word. But not for long.

"Hey, you know, I have noticed the squirrels have been eating all the bird seed from my feeder," said Zanydogz.

"Truth, bro. Kill her!" yelled OrcaKillerWhale.

Convinced, the crowd started to launch itself at her when a shout rang out. New Yorkers stood open-jawed, gazing up, to find Thor sneering down from a nearby building. Bbeventer woke up from her stupor just in time to faint at the sight of his biceps... triceps... other ceps.... who cares, he's just so MANLY.

"Yo, Squirrels. Looking for me?" said Thor, with a scary grin.

Squirrels launched herself into the air, intent on ramming Thor hard enough to knock him all the way back to Asgard. Thor laughed ... only to find himself flying backwards a few blocks through a half a dozen buildings when Squirrels' powered suit hit him like a locomotive.

Dazed - and a bit confused - Thor stood up and shook his head. He really wished he had his hammer, but hey, a stud's a stud, hammer or not. And really, who needs a hammer for fighting? A bit more prepared this time, he ran back to Central Park. Squirrels stood there laughing. "You really thought you could handle me? With my powered armor?"

The battle ensues. Most of Central Park gets leveled in the fight, a few hundred New Yorkers are obliterated, several billion dollars worth of commercial property is destroyed, and air traffic has to be diverted a hundred miles in any direction.

But in the end, Thor is victorious. Squirrels, also known as Doctor Doom lies dead - a message to other villains in New York, directly from Thor's fist.

It is now Night 7. PM your moves by noon CDT tomorrow!

16 Players Remain:
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
7. Sheepdogpsu - Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose battery will go unused.
9. StartingoverVet- Steve Rogers who never got to become Captain America
10. squirrelsrule - Doctor Doom who required a mob to kill her
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text - Red Skull the villain spy
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko
16. Philliab
17.Holdonhope- Iron Man
18. Trematoda - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose villain detector will never see completion
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
22. devyn - Ivan Vanko
23. krist
24. Abney
25. PetPony - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who would throw herself in front of a bullet for an Avenger
26. Tiger369
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:soexcited: I knew it as soon as you revealed your "role" then disappeared, squirrels! Excellent job, guys! Another wolf down 😀
 
*************
GOOGLESEARCH FAIL Squirrels.

Good try though.

I searched for her and was like "WTFOMG GUYS THAT'S THE ACTOR not a character!!!!"

I was reaaaaaaaaaally hoping someone would search and not just take Squirrels word for what it was worth. BECAUSE I COULDN'T SAY A DANG THING... 🙁 Being dead SERIOUSLY sucks.

YAY villagers!!!!!!!

😀

***************
 
*****************************
g2_04.jpg

*****************************
 
:soexcited: I knew it as soon as you revealed your "role" then disappeared, squirrels! Excellent job, guys! Another wolf down 😀


************************************
Priorities, I was watching Hell's Kitchen or I would have stayed on 🙂. Fail on my part with the roles, I haven't seen the movies or anything and was just fishing for something, failed to realize that the role I found was actresses name, not character name and that she was that small of a role. She was in the trailer, come on she had to be important, but not important enough that someone else would have the role. Oh well, off to bed on time for me 👍


Go wolves :meanie:

************************************
 
*************************************
Congrats on getting another wolf. Stay safe over night Avengers!
************************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***************************
Good job heroes and villagers! Keep bringing them down.
***************************
 
I was silenced by a whizzing object that knocked me unconscious anyone know anything about that? An item I'm guessing?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app