Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread

Started by LetItSnow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Geez, I have a slow response time, it seems.

Well there is a bow and arrow item out there that doesnt have to be used by Hawkeye. Besides, I have already told you my role and it has been confirmed by Phil. I don't see what else I have to do...
That was on night 7, though. Including night 7, there have been 3 nights with no deaths since then. At this point, anyone could be a conversion, except whoever was cleared with the sword last night. Phil cleared Abney night 11, and now she's dead.
 
I do think it's weird that there were no deaths the night ipb was blocked and it was night 11 (right?) which is an odd night for a conversion, when it's often every 3 or 4 nights. As long as we know for sure there wasn't a failed attack, so if you escaped an attack or know about one that would be very helpful to share! Until any new info comes out, lynch ipb


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
 
Besides, I have already told you my role and it has been confirmed by Phil. I don't see what else I have to do...
I don't think you've actually said your role, just implied that you're an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D (IIRC). And while phillia says she cleared you during night 7, we've had several nights with no death since then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Geez, I have a slow response time, it seems.


That was on night 7, though. Including night 7, there have been 3 nights with no deaths since then. At this point, anyone could be a conversion, except whoever was cleared with the sword last night. Phil cleared Abney night 11, and now she's dead.

That is true, but at least I have been cleared with the sword. Others have been cleared a lot earlier just through interrogation.
 
I don't think you've actually said your role, just implied that you're an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D (IIRC). And while phillia says she cleared you during night 7, we've had several nights with no death since then.

Okay, at this point in the game I don't think it will hurt. I am Shield agent #1, PP was #2, abbers #3, and Tiger #4. I would like to point out that I stopped all of you from lynching Tiger on the grounds that I believed she was a villager. Phil then investigated me, found out I was a villager, and later investigated Tiger and also found out she was a villager.

And my innocence is being called into question because?

What about you Cuit? Whats your defense?
 
I do think it's weird that there were no deaths the night ipb was blocked and it was night 11 (right?) which is an odd night for a conversion, when it's often every 3 or 4 nights. As long as we know for sure there wasn't a failed attack, so if you escaped an attack or know about one that would be very helpful to share! Until any new info comes out, lynch ipb


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app


I have recent reason to believe ipb is SHIELD affiliated.

Will check back in in the morning to cast a lynch vote.
 
Were you ever interrogated? Because you're required to respond truthfully.
Incomplete thought. Being required to respond truthfully implies that interrogation is just as valid of an investigation as the sword (depending on the question(s) asked, most likely, and assuming the investigator isn't a wolf and making up their results).
 
Incomplete thought. Being required to respond truthfully implies that interrogation is just as valid of an investigation as the sword (depending on the question(s) asked, most likely, and assuming the investigator isn't a wolf and making up their results).

I am slightly confused, but to answer your first question, no I have not been. I have only been investigated by the sword.
 
I have recent reason to believe ipb is SHIELD affiliated.

Will check back in in the morning to cast a lynch vote.
Thank you, kakuru.

Philliab said she interrogated cuit on Night 5. Which puts her at the same level as bbe in my mind, since they were both done before the more recent deathless nights.
 
And my innocence is being called into question because?

What about you Cuit? Whats your defense?
Because your posts have been sounding oddly wolfish to me. And it's more than possible that you were converted after being investigated.

And what do you mean, my defense? Against possible conversion?
 
I am slightly confused, but to answer your first question, no I have not been. I have only been investigated by the sword.
It sounded like you were implying that being cleared by the sword >>>>>>> being cleared through investigation.
 
It sounded like you were implying that being cleared by the sword >>>>>>> being cleared through investigation.

That is not what I was implying at all. I was trying to say that being cleared by the sword I would think would be a surer way of clearing a player than investigation. Though, I don't know exactly how the investigation thing works.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well it seems we have reached the point in the game where we all have been investigated (at least once).
Right. 🙁 And our deathless nights have been 4, 7, 8, and 11. Which means that if a person hasn't been cleared recently it's not trustworthy any more; anything before night 9 for sure, and possibly 11, is suspect.
 
I think 4 and 8 were conversions and 7 and 11 were failed/blocked attacks. Personally.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
 
Right. 🙁 And our deathless nights have been 4, 7, 8, and 11. Which means that if a person hasn't been cleared recently it's not trustworthy any more; anything before night 9 for sure, and possibly 11, is suspect.
Agreed.

Since bbe asked, in my defense -- the only night I could have been converted was night 11. I investigated dyachei night 8 and would never have outed her on day 9 if I'd been converted. And I'm not sure if the shield protects against conversion, but I received it day 7 and lost it day 11. I used it every night and my PMs all said I didn't need it. Believe me on that or not.

I've also been actively strategizing the whole game... which is a lot more than you've been doing (a lot of you, actually). My theories may be off-base but at least I'm trying.
 
I was trying to say that being cleared by the sword I would think would be a surer way of clearing a player than investigation. Though, I don't know exactly how the investigation thing works.
And that's why I explained that you're required to answer the question truthfully. Not sure why that was confusing.
 
I've also been actively strategizing the whole game... which is a lot more than you've been doing (a lot of you, actually).

I think that is rather harsh. I have been actively participating in this game. I have nothing to hide, investigate me again 🙄
 
I'll be back in the morning to cast my vote. I've got a headache, so I'm going to be different and go to bed before midnight for once. 🙁 See you in the morning.
 
I think that is rather harsh. I have been actively participating in this game. I have nothing to hide, investigate me again 🙄
Sorry that it read that way. It would have been more accurate for me to say that you've been participating (participate =/= strategy), but the active strategy talk pretty much stopped around day 8. And like I said above, your posts after the night results have seemed rather fake!incredulous to me for the past few cycles.
 
********************************
You want strategy? Y'all shoulda kept me alive. 🙄 :laugh: :meanie:
Lynchy Lynchy guys. Let's get a wolf this time! 👍
*********************************
 
Alright, I'm off to bed. Honestly, right now IPB and bbe are my top suspicions... Will look things over again tomorrow.
 
Administrative Update:

I have to leave town Sunday morning and will be offline focused on funeral activities. I hope that the game will have ended by then (some speeds rounds tomorrow should do it?), but if not - just wanted to say thanks to all the players for tolerating my first time helping mod a game. Thank you!

G'luck villagers and wolves as the end-game rolls on. 🙂
 
Administrative Update:

I have to leave town Sunday morning and will be offline focused on funeral activities. I hope that the game will have ended by then (some speeds rounds tomorrow should do it?), but if not - just wanted to say thanks to all the players for tolerating my first time helping mod a game. Thank you!

G'luck villagers and wolves as the end-game rolls on. 🙂

I think you did a great job LIS!! 🙂

Anyway, i'm not sure who to vote for but want to participate, so lynch cuit. I'm sorry but either cuit or my fellow agent (bbe) probably got converted. I wish I would've gotten an investigative item so I could either clear someone or out someone. I'll be back sometime this afternoon so I can't change my vote before the lynch. Good luck everyone :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Administrative Update:

I have to leave town Sunday morning and will be offline focused on funeral activities. I hope that the game will have ended by then (some speeds rounds tomorrow should do it?), but if not - just wanted to say thanks to all the players for tolerating my first time helping mod a game. Thank you!

G'luck villagers and wolves as the end-game rolls on. 🙂
Sorry for your loss.
And great job mod-ding.
 
Administrative Update:

I have to leave town Sunday morning and will be offline focused on funeral activities. I hope that the game will have ended by then (some speeds rounds tomorrow should do it?), but if not - just wanted to say thanks to all the players for tolerating my first time helping mod a game. Thank you!

G'luck villagers and wolves as the end-game rolls on. 🙂

LIS, you have done a lot more than "help mod a game." Thank you so much. This game would not be nearly as good without you!
 
lynch bbeventer

I will feel bad if you're not, but don't know anyone else I am more suspicious of at this point.

:xf:
 
Well no internet at home, I know I have not been converted so it makes me wonder why cuit is so gun Ho for me.

******lynch cuit*****
 
Saw that coming, bbe... it's not so much gung ho as acting on my biggest suspicion. If you want it quantified, like I said before -- since the night 8 results you've been actively strategizing a lot less. Your first posts after the night results have also read as fake!incredulous to me and have a totally different tone than your earlier posts. Case point:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=12789235#post12789235
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12793097&postcount=368
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12802122&postcount=979
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12805002&postcount=1072
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12809363&postcount=1227

Here's where the change happens (at least it seems like it to me):
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12814040&postcount=1349
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=12819485&postcount=1533
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12822055 then http://forums.studentdoctor.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12822116
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12824886
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12827667

And honestly, with IPB probably cleared, krist is my next suspicion after you.
 
And I'll feel bad if you're a villager (and mad at myself for inadvertently helping the wolves)... but so far the gist of your defense is "but I was investigated with the sword and phillia vouched for me" even after we've pointed out that there have been several possible conversion nights since then.
 
Well, first off--LIS, you've done an awesome job modding! Thanks so much! 😀

I'm not 100% comfortable with this decision, but lynch bbeventer. Cuit did give us Loki, and your voting hasn't been as consistent as hers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
********
LIS: You are a mod beast. Don't forget it. 😉

And everyone else who's still alive...LYNCH SOME WOLFIES!!!! :meanie:
That is all.
********
 
The citizens of New York City were more paranoid than ever. The decision for who should pay came down to the wire. Hoping and praying that they made the right decision, the dwindling group gathered around bbeventer, a double agent working against SHIELD and electrocuted her to death with tasers.

As she was dying, bbeventer managed to speak. "They killed my family! They deserved to die!"

It is now Night 13. You have until 3pm CDT today to complete your nighttime actions.


6 Players Remain:
1. Zanydogz - Black Widow and Avenger spy
2. Abbercadaver - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV- Baron Zemo-controller of minds
5. bbeventer-double agent
6. Kakurubird
7. Sheepdogpsu - Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose battery will go unused.
9. StartingoverVet- Steve Rogers who never got to become Captain America
10. squirrelsrule - Doctor Doom who required a mob to kill her
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text - Red Skull the villain spy
13. Wolfspeaker - S.H.I.E.L.D. medic
14. nohika - Scientist Erik Selvig, who converted to the side of villainy
15. nyanko - Pepper Potts - no more need be said
16. Philliab
17.Holdonhope- Iron Man
18. Trematoda - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose villain detector will never see completion
19. Varz- SHIELD Agent #6
20. Dyachei- Loki
21. Orca2011 - Thor
22. devyn - Ivan Vanko
23. krist
24. Abney- Hawkeye
25. PetPony - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who would throw herself in front of a bullet for an Avenger
26. Tiger369