Back to Breadsticks WW - Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pick your cycle timing!

• I prefer 12/12 but will play either way

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I will only play with 12/12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I prefer 36/12 but will play either way

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I will only play with 36/12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yessssss thank god!

I shot alley last night and the night before. I’ve been spending all day trying to decide if she was bulletproof or an alpha
Sporty kept shooting me and it was so frustrating. I only kept her alive last night hoping that she would take out a villager instead. I was a bulletproof wolf, so I did all the kills.
I'm going to have such a hard time trusting Alley in future games
Nooooo I’m sorry :( I wasn’t trying to be sketchy but I finally got my chance to wolf
Out yourself vig (sporty)

never mind the other posts loaded
Did you guys know it was me?
Yep, I figured it out yesterday and was fairly confident it was you. That’s when I made up the entire cover story about AM possibly protecting me.
Also, I found this funny when I was reading back through last night:

I may have posted that on purpose to try and avoid suspicion.
Great game everyone. Was I really that wolfy?
Not really, I just voted for you to keep votes off of me. You did play more like wolf!bread from apocalypse than village!bread from cartoons.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Soo... now that this is over

4vazcf.jpg
Yes!!!! I need distractions until Match Day!!

• Care
(From the AWWards thread)

Yeah, after seeing the body count racked up by the vig in the last few games. Sporty's aim was incredible.

Sporty, how did you have such good aim?? You got a wolf every night. Also, did you have a limit on bullets?

Yep, I figured it out yesterday and was fairly confident it was you. That’s when I made up the entire cover story about AM possibly protecting me.
This only made me even more confident that you were a wolf, and is exactly why I shot you again lol

Sporty, how did you have such good aim?? You got a wolf every night. Also, did you have a limit on bullets?
I, shockingly, had unlimited shots. I'll go pull the quotes that I saw that pinged my wolfdar.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Nooooo I’m sorry :( I wasn’t trying to be sketchy but I finally got my chance to wolf
You did a great job wolfing!! That's why I'm going to have a hard time trusting you, you sound exactly the same wolfing as you do villaging lol

You felt wolfy to me, but I'm now wondering how much of that was due to me seeing you on the final D1 tally and getting triggered.
I would have changed but did not really have an idea of who to vote for. Also had a splitting headache after inhale hexane and another solvent's vapors.

• Care
Contingency yeet sporty

She was similarly unhelpful and absent last game when she was my packmate. Of course I couldn’t call her out on it then. But now I can.

Mainly because of this post. I don’t think a wolf would’ve said that, and her other posts seem to be very village-y. I agree with the “fluffiness,” but I read that as village, not wolf.

I was PM partners with her last game, and while we didn’t talk a ton, she gives off the exact same vibes as the last game. Though I will caveat this with the fact that none of us have seen what wolf!April would be like.

So this might help clarify things: I got my first night result message last night.
To paraphrase, it just said that I woke up with a strange feeling because somebody visited me. I don’t know if that means I was seered or protected last night? But it might mean AM tried to protect me and ended up getting killed?

I have 3 scenarios in my mind right now:

1. AM was killed outright by the wolves, so she might have been killed by Kras because they are constantly feuding and had each other in their wolf reads. Since AM flipped village, I think we should consider her interactions with Kras on thread.

2. AM died protecting someone, and that doesn’t have anything to do with her feud with Kras. If I was the person she protected, then I think potentially Slothy could be a wolf because I was vocal on day 1 about being suspicious of sloth, and that could have made her want to target me. Based on my night message, this is what I’m leaning towards.

3. We are totally off base here and AM was killed by a wolf who’s flying under the radar right now.

For now, I’m going back to my original vote for Slothy, because I think she fits in to scenario 2 and scenario 3 and she’s one of my wolf reads at the moment. I can be persuaded to vote for Kras, but I want to have a vote in before I go to work and I need to re-read the messages between Kras and AM before I would vote there.
These are the posts that turned my gut the wrong way and solidified my decision to make the shots I did.

With a hindsight ISO though, like 50% of alley's posts were sketchy lol

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I read 10-15 pages of this game and no more. Real life has been crazy so I'm just pretty happy I trusted my gut for my shots.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I read 10-15 pages of this game and no more. Real life has been crazy so I'm just pretty happy I trusted my gut for my shots.
I knew it was that post, and I knew you were busy in real life, but I was trying to appear like I was wolf hunting by saying your gameplay (on the thread) was similar to last time.

I never would have tried to wolf hunt you that way if I thought you had vig capabilities at the time. I was trying to simultaneously wolf hunt and give the village a different wolf suspect.

I knew it was that post, and I knew you were busy in real life, but I was trying to appear like I was wolf hunting by saying your gameplay (on the thread) was similar to last time.
It wasn't even necessarily anything you SAID, it's just that I couldn't actually imagine you saying that as a villager so I knew you had to be a wolf sooooo I shot you lol. Unfortunate for you, it was one of maybe 10 posts I read that day :p

• Wow
  • Haha
I was pretty disappointed in my game play.

I think the wolves needed to tighten up our w/w interactions and consider how things would go if we flipped.

Less on thread defense of each other, more fake suspicions of each other, and been careful not to have two or more of us team up on any one village player, as that seems to effectively clear that player later.

I'm hoping yall found me real wolfy and it wasn't just that my tone/amt was different as I play more on mobile than in times past.

I was pretty disappointed in my game play.

I think the wolves needed to tighten up our w/w interactions and consider how things would go if we flipped.

Less on thread defense of each other, more fake suspicions of each other, and been careful not to have two or more of us team up on any one village player, as that seems to effectively clear that player later.

I'm hoping yall found me real wolfy and it wasn't just that my tone/amt was different as I play more on mobile than in times past.
Personally I just thought you were busy. The chat also was not blowing up as much as the post apocalyptic game too.

To answer some questions that have come up, we knew who the vig was when we got notice that Alley who was bulletproof got shot, and then right at the start of the day Sporty put a vote on her when most players at that point had read alley village or at least not on the very wolf side.

Also it's funny because Sporty said something about shooting in a couple comments, maybe a subconscious thing that it was on her mind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Here's the setup - basically the same as the one from Mindhunter except I took out the lost wolf pup to keep things ~basic~. To make up for it a bit, wolves got a freebie ability (original setup had village get an extra one for every ability they picked).

3 vanilla wolves - by the end of day 1 they pick up to all 3 of the following abilities, they get 1 freebie but after that village gains an extra ability for each one they pick. No one wolf can have more than one ability
1) Turn a vanilla wolf into a bulletproof wolf
2) turn a vanilla wolf into an ability seer
3) turn a vanilla wolf into a JOAT (1x strongman, 1x ninja)

Once the wolves picked their abilities, village abilities are given out (by RNG). Village automatically gets 2 abilities, and then an additional one for each extra wolf ability. No one villager can have more than one ability.

Vanilla seer
Blocker
Tracker
Bodyguard
Vigilante
Innocent Child

And Role PMs for those interested. At the end of D1 the relevant parties got updated with their new abilities (sunshine - wolf JOAT, alley - bulletproof wolf, AM - bodyguard, sporty - vigilante, kras - vanilla seer)

Moldy Breads

Welcome, alley, cray, and sunshine. You are all Vanilla wolves.

Alley, you are Multigrain bread. Made from anywhere from two to twenty grains, you boast a healthy profile, and a dense texture that is great for sandwiches. Unfortunately, someone left you sitting out on the counter too long, and now you've started to grow some fuzzy green stuff. Ew.

Cray, you are a French Baguette. A simple combination of flour, yeast, water, and salt, people love your chewy crust and feather-light interior. It seems you were intended for a French food themed party that was cancelled due to the pandemic, and now you've gone stale in the back of the pantry.

Sunshine, you are Sourdough. One of the oldest types of bread around, you're made through a process that creates lactic acid, giving you a slightly sour flavor. Just like your pal multigrain, you're more nutritious than many other breads. But after several months stuck in the back of the fridge, I have a feeling some other bacteria besides your iconic lactobacilli have taken up residence in your dimpled interior.

Abilities:
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you may perform the factional kill.
  • By the end of day 1, you may choose up to three of the following abilities to add to your faction. You get one freebie, but for each additional ability you add, village will also get an additional ability:
  1. Change a vanilla to a vanilla ability seer
  2. Change a vanilla wolf to a bulletproof wolf
  3. Change a vanilla wolf to wolf JOAT (One Shot Ninja, One Shot Strongman)
Win condition:

• You win when all members of the village have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Fresh Breads

Welcome, Vis. You are Challah. Your plaited shape carries meaning in the Jewish faith, dating back hundreds of years. You symbolize love and the blessings of God. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, sloth. You are a Breadstick. Not one of those large, soft ones that you get with pizza (though we love those too), but a nice pencil-thin stick of dry bread served at any authentic Italian restaurant. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, mayo. You are Cornbread. There is some debate over the best way to make you, whether sweet or savory, moist or crumbly. My personal favorite is skillet cornbread, traditional Southern-style. Even better if you add in some chili! You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, alissa. You are pumpernickel. A traditionally German rye bread made by baking at a low temperature for as long as 24 hours, Americans have of course found a shortcut, and these days produce your dark hue by adding molasses or coffee. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, barks. You are pita bread. A soft, round, flatbread that originated thousands of years ago, you've got a nice pocket that is perfect for filling with tasty ingredients. or scooping up dips. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, bread. You are Rye Bread. A crucial ingredient in many well-loved deli sandwiches, you harbor a secret in the US. While in Europe rye bread is usually 100% rye flour, here it is often mainly made from wheat flour! You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, genny. You are Ciabatta. You were first produced in 1982 making you very young in terms of breads. You're perfect for paninis and sandwiches, with your broad, flat shape. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, AM. You are Whole Wheat. You are one of the healthiest breads, made from flour that uses the entire grain. This also gives you a rich flavor profile. Perfect for toast, sandwiches, really anything you could think to use bread for. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, Naster. You are Brioche. Traditionally sweet and very soft, you've been around for hundreds of years and are commonly used for hamburger buns, dinner rolls, and even in French toast. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, Sporty. You are zucchini bread. Honestly more of a cake than a bread, you pretend to be healthy with your vegetable base, but all that cinnamon and sugar really overpowers the veggie flavor. And can I just say, you are absolutely delicious! You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, kras. You are banana bread. Did you know that February 23rd if National Banana Bread Day? That's how much Americans love your sweet flavor and dense, moist texture. Today, American bakers search online for banana bread recipes more than any other bread! You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Welcome, April You are Focaccia. Potentially dating back to Ancient Rome, you're a flat, dimpled yeast bread, bearing some resemblance to pizza dough. These days people love topping you with olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms. You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Man, I was hoping breadstick was an actual role.

These are the posts that turned my gut the wrong way and solidified my decision to make the shots I did.

With a hindsight ISO though, like 50% of alley's posts were sketchy lol
Lol when I saw Mayo’s (?) ISO from last night, I was like “damn, I should not have defended cray that much.” That looks incredibly sketchy. I was panicking though because I was busy but cray was MIA and I didn’t know how to get the yeet vote off of her without exposing myself.

Lol when I saw Mayo’s (?) ISO from last night, I was like “damn, I should not have defended cray that much.” That looks incredibly sketchy. I was panicking though because I was busy but cray was MIA and I didn’t know how to get the yeet vote off of her without exposing myself.
Yeah I wish I had come on to tell you to bus me hard if it was going my way

protect alleys

you played well and had me pocketed for a bit

• Care
protect alleys

you played well and had me pocketed for a bit
YES I POCKETED SOMEONE!!! Thank you for the compliment, I was trying so hard to be a normal villager.

I almost told wolf chat that I might have pocketed you with my sad reacts (darn sunny making him not trust them anymore), but then you switched your vote again and I knew I was probably going to get yeeted

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Welcome, kras. You are banana bread. Did you know that February 23rd if National Banana Bread Day? That's how much Americans love your sweet flavor and dense, moist texture. Today, American bakers search online for banana bread recipes more than any other bread! You are a Vanilla Villager. You currently have no special abilities. You win when all threats to the village are dead.
I was devastated to find out that I killed banana bread. I’m sorry Kras, you were my all-time favorite bread and it hurts to know I killed you.

• Care
yeah I could see it going down but couldn't say anything. You really tried and honestly had a lot of people fooled.

• Care

I had you in my village pile until the Cray vote and then that iso. It was a good first wolf outing.

Mayo on anything is gross
Deep dive on Alley

“Mayo on anything is gross”

Obvious wolf statement
I didn’t want to address this while the game was still going, but doesn’t your username “holdthemayo” imply that you actually don’t like that gross condiment? Clearly it was an actual wolf statement :laugh:

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I didn’t want to address this while the game was still going, but doesn’t your username “holdthemayo” imply that you actually don’t like that gross condiment? Clearly it was an actual wolf statement :laugh:
I was thinking the same thing!

I was thinking the same thing!

maybe it’s 3rd person and he wants a hug 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users