BAO for matching to OBGYN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neuroace

MBBS VI
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In terms of matching to the US in OBGYN- does anyone know if, all other things being equal, an IMG with a BAO [M.B., B.Ch., BAO is awarded to Irish/some UK med schools] would be regarded more so than just a MBBS?

Noone goes to the Irish/UK threads...
 
In terms of matching to the US in OBGYN- does anyone know if, all other things being equal, an IMG with a BAO [M.B., B.Ch., BAO is awarded to Irish/some UK med schools] would be regarded more so than just a MBBS?

Noone goes to the Irish/UK threads...

I'm not super familiar with the UK system of medical degrees, but as far as I know, it would be equivalent to an MBBS. The BAO does not confer any additional advantage.

To everyone: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
 
In terms of matching to the US in OBGYN- does anyone know if, all other things being equal, an IMG with a BAO [M.B., B.Ch., BAO is awarded to Irish/some UK med schools] would be regarded more so than just a MBBS?

Noone goes to the Irish/UK threads...

Given that I've never even heard of a BAO degree, I doubt it's something that many people in the US know about. I can't see how it would possibly matter much in the application process.