This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnedayIlloperate

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be doing the MD one next, please private message me with source to correct something.

The cost to apply to every DO School is $3,270.
DO Schools:

Post-Bacc/Premed programs:

The cost to apply to every DPM School is $515
Podiatry Schools:

Caribbean Schools:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sure,
for the first chart:
-Along the Y Axis, far left side, you will find a list of schools. These are all the accredited institutions that teach medicine in order to get a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine license.
-Along the X Axis, on top, you will find a list of qualities of each school in the following order: Minimum MCAT score to be eligible to apply, Average MCAT score of the students who were accepted into the school last year (on old MCAT scale), Required minimum overall GPA to be eligible to apply, Required minimum Science GPA to be eligible to apply, Average overall GPA of those accepted last year, The state that the school is in, The cost for the application fee, and then any other applicable information.

For the Second Chart, it is very similar:
-Along the Y axis, far left side you will find a list of schools that have programs specifically designed for people who apply to medical schools and didn't get in, or have low GPAs and want to go to medical schools eventually.
-Along the X axis, on top, you will find a list of qualities of each school in the following order: Does it grant an actual degree? Minimum MCAT required to get into the program. Minimum overall GPA required to get into the program, Minimum Science GPA required to get into the program, Length of time of the program in months, Percentage of the students who graduate from the program who go on and end up applying and getting into medical school, Is the program full time or part time, What state it is in, any special ties to a medical school-several of the graduate programs have guaranteed interviews or acceptance into DO or MD programs depending on your GPA in the graduate school.

I hope this helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure,
for the first chart:
-Along the Y Axis, far left side, you will find a list of schools. These are all the accredited institutions that teach medicine in order to get a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine license.
-Along the X Axis, on top, you will find a list of qualities of each school in the following order: Minimum MCAT score to be eligible to apply, Average MCAT score of the students who were accepted into the school last year (on old MCAT scale), Required minimum overall GPA to be eligible to apply, Required minimum Science GPA to be eligible to apply, Average overall GPA of those accepted last year, The state that the school is in, The cost for the application fee, and then any other applicable information.

For the Second Chart, it is very similar:
-Along the Y axis, far left side you will find a list of schools that have programs specifically designed for people who apply to medical schools and didn't get in, or have low GPAs and want to go to medical schools eventually.
-Along the X axis, on top, you will find a list of qualities of each school in the following order: Does it grant an actual degree? Minimum MCAT required to get into the program. Minimum overall GPA required to get into the program, Minimum Science GPA required to get into the program, Length of time of the program in months, Percentage of the students who graduate from the program who go on and end up applying and getting into medical school, Is the program full time or part time, What state it is in, any special ties to a medical school-several of the graduate programs have guaranteed interviews or acceptance into DO or MD programs depending on your GPA in the graduate school.

I hope this helps :)
Ponce, SJB and UCC are not Caribbean medical schools.
They are LCME accredited US MD schools located in Puerto Rico, an unincorporated US territory.

Reactions: 1 user
Ponce, SJB and UCC are not Caribbean medical schools.
They are LCME accredited US MD schools located in Puerto Rico, an unincorporated US territory.
I understand that, but included them since the fact that Puerto Rico is in the Caribbean Sea. I have since removed them and will include them in my master MD list.

Last edited:
The Caribbean is a sea not an ocean. :rolleyes:
Note the "Please private message me with issues" part. It has been fixed.
Also: This was supposed to be a thread to help people compare schools, not nitpick each other. Thank You.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd be interested in the source for the new students by year for the Caribbean schools.

Absolutely:
ST George University:
Official numbers:
Enrollment and Demographics - School of Medicine | St. George's University

Ross University:
Calculated off of the 2016 year residency placement number (785) divided by the percentage of First year residency placements (86%), Therefore 785/0.86=923:
University Facts & Figures

American University of Antigua (updated):
States it on the Google Maps profile of the School under "Quick Facts":
https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...b450fed2303d26!8m2!3d18.0508472!4d-63.1268185

For SGU, I saw 793 plus 159 seats from their pre-med entry program Wouldn't this be 952 (at least as listed on their webpage)?
You are correct, it is 952 including the KBT Scholar program which has 94 students studying in England. I will update the document tonight.

As a graduate of Boston U's masters program, the "100% to med school is absolutely incorrect" I know from my class many who went on to dental or vet school (granted you could argue dental and vet schools are the equivalent of medical school for their given field) and several who did not get into medical school and instead enrolled in PhD programs or went into the workforce. BU's program is good if you want to boost your grades, but they didn't do much to help us get into medical school aside from giving us a degree (and certainly not stay at BU). And their administration looks down on DO schools, despite that the only reason they can claim a high medical school acceptance rate is a 10-20% DO matriculation rate (based on my year- 2010)

As a graduate of Boston U's masters program, the "100% to med school is absolutely incorrect" I know from my class many who went on to dental or vet school (granted you could argue dental and vet schools are the equivalent of medical school for their given field) and several who did not get into medical school and instead enrolled in PhD programs or went into the workforce. BU's program is good if you want to boost your grades, but they didn't do much to help us get into medical school aside from giving us a degree (and certainly not stay at BU). And their administration looks down on DO schools, despite that the only reason they can claim a high medical school acceptance rate is a 10-20% DO matriculation rate (based on my year- 2010)

how would you suggest they help you get into medical school besides helping with grades?