Baylor Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been complete since september. Should I loose hope for an interview call?

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

hobbesiscool said:
Did you get in? If you did, congratulations!

Yup yup...I'll be seeing you again on second look weekend, no doubt!

Members don't see this ad :)
goodeats said:
Yup yup...I'll be seeing you again on second look weekend, no doubt!

Was your application complete since your interview date?

JIGGLE IT said:
Was your application complete since your interview date?

No, I hadn't sent in transcripts yet, so it was about a week, week and half later by the time that everything got in.

Don't let Baylor cast a shadow over the next 3/4 months of your life. Just give up. If the call comes, it will be that much sweeter

Just got the call! I am pretty pumped.

My wife actually had a baby the day I interviewed, and so I had to fly back early and I missed most the day (pretty crazy I might add). What did they say about getting in-state tuition after a year? I figure you still can if you buy a condo or something. Did I miss anything else? I just heard the welcome, did a tour of the basic science facility, had my interviews and was gone. Thanks guys, or might I say fellow classmates!

Ranger47 said:

My wife actually had a baby the day I interviewed, and so I had to fly back early and I missed most the day (pretty crazy I might add). What did they say about getting in-state tuition after a year? I figure you still can if you buy a condo or something. Did I miss anything else? I just heard the welcome, did a tour of the basic science facility, had my interviews and was gone. Thanks guys, or might I say fellow classmates!
heyyyyy congrats on Baylor, that's awesome. I think you must have the record for most acceptances to Texas schools so far this application cycle ;)

Ranger47 said:

Congrats and Welcome to Baylor!! As far as getting in-state tuition, if you purchase residential property , then you can get it after one year. There are quite a few condos/townhomes in a close radius around the med center.

MadameLULU said:
Congrats and Welcome to Baylor!! As far as getting in-state tuition, if you purchase residential property , then you can get it after one year. There are quite a few condos/townhomes in a close radius around the med center.
Got the call today! Pretty Excited. Interviewed Oct. 21st. Accepted 12/19

Ranger47 said:

Congrats! When did you interview? Was your file complete at interviews (w/ transcripts)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for the congrats. I interviewed 12/2 and was complete then.

Ranger47 said:
Thanks everyone for the congrats. I interviewed 12/2 and was complete then.

Do you think that means they're done calling until after Christmas?

Any chance they might still be calling today or later this week?

Is Baylor still giving out interviews?

has anyone gotten into baylor yet with a more average MCAT score?? 31ish maybe??? (i'm trying to weigh my chances of ever hearing back from them...) :(

On my interview day, they told us that the process of selecting applicants for interviews was MCAT-blind. That means that they do not consider MCAT scores (although you presumably won't get any futher than the post-interview stage if you totally bombed it) and will give stellar applicants with impressive ECs and LORs the chance to interview. This also works against people with high MCAT scores but not much else going for them. At least this is what one of the ladies said (I forget her exact title) -- she used the phrase "MCAT-blind" . . . in case you think I'm exaggerating.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing xmas present!!!!!!!!!! :)

mdgirl2006 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing xmas present!!!!!!!!!! :)

So jealous right now...my phone died this afternoon...hopefully maybe I missed a call ;)

I just got the call today as well :) Dean Bradshaw called my house around 1:30 PM (I find it funny that he didn't even try my preferred number first before trying my parents' home number, which is my permanent number). In any case, I interviewed Dec. 2nd and was NOT planning on getting this call before Chrsitmas. He jokingly said something about finally typing up my acceptance letter last night and not having the time to call and give me the news until now. And to think my mom thought it was the eye doctor . . .

Is there any way to check what phone number you put on the application?

Nuts, I want a Christmas present :(

Seona said:
I just got the call today as well :) Dean Bradshaw called my house around 1:30 PM (I find it funny that he didn't even try my preferred number first before trying my parents' home number, which is my permanent number). In any case, I interviewed Dec. 2nd and was NOT planning on getting this call before Chrsitmas. He jokingly said something about finally typing up my acceptance letter last night and not having the time to call and give me the news until now. And to think my mom thought it was the eye doctor . . .
Congrats, seona. :D

Think Santa....er, I mean, Dr. Bradshaw, will be calling more people tomorrow? :eek:

Congrats seona and mdgirl2006!

Good luck to others waiting to hear!

you know funny thing, there were about 168 baylor students fearing getting a different call from the school today

MED_04 said:
you know funny thing, there were about 168 baylor students fearing getting a different call from the school today
what do you mean exactly?

MED_04 said:
huh? :confused:

goodeats said:
maybe the MS1s get a call if they fail a course?

no they don't call ms1s if they fail

MED_04 said:
no they don't call ms1s if they fail

why do you have to be so mysterious :rolleyes: ;)

The MSIIs take an End of Basic Science Exam (it's an old USLME or at least discontinued questions from the USLME), which they have to pass to go to clinics.

aggiechris06 said:
Think Santa....er, I mean, Dr. Bradshaw, will be calling more people tomorrow? :eek:

Here's to hope! Good luck to all!!!

And congrats to those who have already heard!

Congrats to all my future classmates for being admitted!!!!!

Does anyone know when Orientation will begin for the Class of 2010??

Does anyone have a reasonable estimate of how many total acceptances have gone out at this point? I would guess its getting close to half of the 300 or so that will be offered.

JG198 said:
Does anyone know when Orientation will begin for the Class of 2010??

Well the letter said July 24th is when we need to report but I don't know if that is for orientation or for classes.

To all you people who have gotten the acceptance letter already, is there some one-week deadline by which you have to reply to reserve your seat in the class? I got Dr. Bradshaw's call on 12/22, but the letter will be mailed to my address at school, so I won't see it until 1/11. Is there anything time-sensitive or otherwise important in the letter that I should know about? Thanks!

Seona said:
To all you people who have gotten the acceptance letter already, is there some one-week deadline by which you have to reply to reserve your seat in the class? I got Dr. Bradshaw's call on 12/22, but the letter will be mailed to my address at school, so I won't see it until 1/11. Is there anything time-sensitive or otherwise important in the letter that I should know about? Thanks!

No, you just have to send in the acceptance form by May 15th, along with the $300 deposit. There is nothing that time sensitive.

and along with the letter, do they send you info. about financial aid? or about orientation, etc.? or do they not send that stuff until you send the deposit?

mdgirl2006 said:
and along with the letter, do they send you info. about financial aid? or about orientation, etc.? or do they not send that stuff until you send the deposit?

I called them about this. They said the Financial Aid Office will send us stuff by email starting the end of January. In the meantime, they said to fill out FAFSA on January 1st or later. That's all I know at this point. I sent my deposit the day I got my acceptance letter so I'm not sure if they only send that stuff if you send your deposit.

I still dont have an interview from Baylor. Should I loose hope now?

does anybody know if there is a specific requirement for the english class--like if it has to be an english class that counts towards the english major?

Shuzee,

I don't think you should lose hope! I know somebody who goes to baylor and he said that they don't stop interviewing until like february or something...so you might still get an invite! my friend said he knew somebody who interviewed almost at the end and they found out soon after that they got in! Don't lose hope!

sisepuede said:
does anybody know if there is a specific requirement for the english class--like if it has to be an english class that counts towards the english major?
You mean does it have to be taught by the English Department? I don't think so. I was a Spanish major in college, and I took two Spanish literature courses that were conducted in English (and we read the works in English as well), so I counted them as my English courses. The instructor was a Spanish professor though.

well, I took a course on essay writing it was great, in the english department but it was pass fail and does not count toward the major but it was listed as an english course. Do you think that would count?

sisepuede said:
well, I took a course on essay writing it was great, in the english department but it was pass fail and does not count toward the major but it was listed as an english course. Do you think that would count?
I would think so, but you should probably email or call the school and double check with them just to be sure.

do you know if they accept ap credit?