Baylor Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news for anyone lately?

Or can we expect anything before like mid-January?

And finally, interviews run until when?

Members don't see this ad.

yea... i'd like to know also...

i've been waiting on pins and needles for an invite from baylor but i guess its my own fault for turning my stuff in soooo late...

still nthing form Baylor....i was complete in first week of spet!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking that after the last round of acceptances, they would be getting back to the offices this week and hopefully start calling again. We'll see!

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

When I emailed, they said that they interview through February.

One of my friends just txted me yesterday (interviewed mid-Sept) telling me he got in. There's still hope!

Will Baylor accept someone that has already been accepted to another TX school? I had heard something related to Baylor deconflicting their acceptances with students who matched at a school through the TSMDAS match, but I don't know if I'm remembering correctly or if not going through the match affects that.

Anyone know?

I've known a couple people who've matched first, then interviewed at Baylor shortly afterward and admitting to their interviewers that they matched (at UTSW in their cases), and then getting accepted the next month anyway.

potato51 said:
I've known a couple people who've matched first, then interviewed at Baylor shortly afterward and admitting to their interviewers that they matched (at UTSW in their cases), and then getting accepted the next month anyway.

Thanks! I was just wondering, because that brain cell that remembered the June 15th rule (but not the date of it) fired off.

MoosePilot said:
Will Baylor accept someone that has already been accepted to another TX school? I had heard something related to Baylor deconflicting their acceptances with students who matched at a school through the TSMDAS match, but I don't know if I'm remembering correctly or if not going through the match affects that.

Anyone know?
I am OOS and have been accepted to 4 texas schools and Baylor was my last acceptance. So that is not true.

LaDoctorFutura said:
I was thinking that after the last round of acceptances, they would be getting back to the offices this week and hopefully start calling again. We'll see!

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

hi, i just got the call yesterday from bradshaw so i guess they are calling once again! good luck! :luck: :luck: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1yearvacation said:
hi, i just got the call yesterday from bradshaw so i guess they are calling once again! good luck! :luck: :luck: :)

congrats!!!!!!
when did you interview?

quick question to the people who've gotten invites from baylor,

do they only send invites on fridays or on everyday of the week?

I got the call on 1/9....YAY!! It's my first acceptance- I'm applying in Texas only so this puts way less pressure on the match in a couple weeks! So excited- this is one of my top two choices! Whoo hoo!

FroggyFan27 said:
I got the call on 1/9....YAY!! It's my first acceptance- I'm applying in Texas only so this puts way less pressure on the match in a couple weeks! So excited- this is one of my top two choices! Whoo hoo!

Sooo...for the fortunate folks that rank at the top the afternoon of their interview, when does Baylor start calling to share the news? When is the earliest after an interview that someone has gotten the acceptance call???

I heard that the earliest you can get a call is 2 weeks from your interview date. This is so you can get wasted that Friday night...

are there any urm who have been accepted to Baylor?

Actually,....I just got the email! I got into Baylor College of Medicine!!!!!!!! I didn't get a call, but got an email about financial aid that was to all the accepted applicants! I was SO CONFUSED! I called BCM and they confirmed that I was accepted and have no idea who they talked to. I also haven't received a letter, but it was addressed January 3, and sent out on the 5th, so I'm a bit late finding out about my acceptance!

I interviewed on November 18.

Miss155 said:
are there any urm who have been accepted to Baylor?

just accepted. African-American female!

LaDoctorFutura said:
Actually,....I just got the email! I got into Baylor College of Medicine!!!!!!!! I didn't get a call, but got an email about financial aid that was to all the accepted applicants! I was SO CONFUSED! I called BCM and they confirmed that I was accepted and have no idea who they talked to. I also haven't received a letter, but it was addressed January 3, and sent out on the 5th, so I'm a bit late finding out about my acceptance!

wahooo... congrats LDF! ;)

FroggyFan27 said:

Congrats!!!!! When did you interview?

Hi

Congrats!! I am very happy to hear you got your first choice. How was your interview and who did you interview with?

Was there anything super important in that e-mail? I've been accepted, but no e-mail for me.

goodeats said:
Was there anything super important in that e-mail? I've been accepted, but no e-mail for me.
I think most people got a phone call, not an email. I didn't get an email either. One caveat for those who just got the good news: Baylor sent my forms to my parent's house (i.e., my "permanent address"). So just an FYI to ask your parents if they got the letter before panicking. ;)

QofQuimica said:
I think most people got a phone call, not an email. I didn't get an email either. One caveat for those who just got the good news: Baylor sent my forms to my parent's house (i.e., my "permanent address"). So just an FYI to ask your parents if they got the letter before panicking. ;)

After looking last year's thread, which had http://www.bcm.edu/osa/2009/, i typed in www.bcm.edu/osa/2010/ and it brings up the BCM Class of 2010 website. Looks like it has some informative documents, as well as some links that haven't yet been activated. Just wanted to let y'all know (I don't even know if we're supposed to know about it yet:))

goodeats said:

it gave a link to the class of 2010 website that had information on immunization requirements, orientation weekend, academic calender, and various other information. The email was dated January 17, so maybe it will be sent to others later.

The email wasn't to tell me I was accepted, it was to give me the website address. I had to call the number on the email to find out that I really was accepted. It was backwards for me, but forwards, backwards, sideways, i don't care...I found out and I'm excited!

goodeats said:
I just PMed you the text of the email.

I also haven't received an email yet... Could someone post the text? Thanks for the link hobbesiscool!

Anyone intimidated by Baylor's Pre-Clinical years? Can any current students comment on it? Do you feel it is overwhelming?

Thanks!

hobbesiscool said:
After looking last year's thread, which had http://www.bcm.edu/osa/2009/, i typed in www.bcm.edu/osa/2010/ and it brings up the BCM Class of 2010 website. Looks like it has some informative documents, as well as some links that haven't yet been activated. Just wanted to let y'all know (I don't even know if we're supposed to know about it yet:))
We are supposed to know about the link already. I received an e-mail with it on Thursday.

I just sent it to QofQuimica and Lorrayne

Can I rub this thread for good luck?

Sweet!

*rubs vigorously*

I'm rubbing as well....i'm hoping to bank in sometime next week or the one afterwards.

*rubs extra vigoriously*

BaylorGuy said:
I'm rubbing as well....i'm hoping to bank in sometime next week or the one afterwards.

*rubs extra vigoriously*

Hey, I want to rub too!!! I'll be rubbing from now until this is over.

**rubs super/ultra/extra/ vigorously**

Ah, if only I could get this over with sooner.... :eek:

Just got my BCM interview for Feb 10. Any words of advice from all of you veterans of the Baylor interview process?

Also, if your number stats are slightly less than their averages do you still have a shot at gaining admittance? I keep reading about this dreaded computer program.

Thanks and good luck to you all. I will be in your boat shortly...waiting anxiously.

LaDoctorFutura said:
I interviewed on 11.18...

Congrats LDF!!! :)
I also interviewed on 11/18, but still no phone call. Maybe we spoke. I am an African-American male. Good luck to everyone else in the waiting game!!

Jcan

Congrats LaDoctoraFutura!!! C ya at BCM :)

LaDoctorFutura said:

Congrats Girly!!! I knew you would get in! YAY first interview buddies now class mates!! I'm so happy for you :D

LaDoctorFutura said:
it gave a link to the class of 2010 website that had information on immunization requirements, orientation weekend, academic calender, and various other information. The email was dated January 17, so maybe it will be sent to others later.

The email wasn't to tell me I was accepted, it was to give me the website address. I had to call the number on the email to find out that I really was accepted. It was backwards for me, but forwards, backwards, sideways, i don't care...I found out and I'm excited!

Congrats....I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!!!
I still remember when you practically organized that talent show at MMEP that summer. You did a good impression of Michael Jackson!

Congrats!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :hardy:

halo1517,

whoa i totally think that if your stats are a little less than the average you still have a shot. I mean they are averages after all--so people do have to get less than them.

I say GOOD LUCK!! don't worry about your numbers now! You can wow them with your personality! :)

Are they still inviting for interviews?

Deanmonster said:
bump... was wondering the same thing

looking at when they contacted people for the feb 10 interview (they emailed jan 16?17?) ....they will email next week for the final interview date (i think it's feb 24)