Baylor Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I remember someone reported getting the call on a Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad.

halo1570 said:
Obviously I am not holding my breath for a two week turn around phone call. But if I were to receive a call, would it be on a Friday or another week day? Also, I just wanted to know if anyone had heard considering they told us we could hear as early as 1 week post-interview.

Considering this thread is for Baylor neurotics I am allowed to ask as many silly, insecure questions as I want. Thanks for your insightful help.
Neurotic and a sense of humor? You're the total package.

Let me be a little more insightful. Most people do not hear back that soon. Early on (last Oct) people heard back with calls on Friday. But since then it seems to be via e-mail on any day. At this point, with the interviewing almost over, they will likely wait and send more than just the few acceptances like they have been and send a larger amount out in march. So don't hold your breath.

Bernito said:
Neurotic and a sense of humor? You're the total package.

Darling, if you only knew...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when second look weekend is? Does Baylor have an official one?

Hey,

I am interviewing at Baylor tomorrow (2/24/06), and was wondering whether or not we have to submit transcripts to the admissions committee, even though AMCAS has our official transcripts. Thanks!

ThaJewelofPR said:
Hey,

I am interviewing at Baylor tomorrow (2/24/06), and was wondering whether or not we have to submit transcripts to the admissions committee, even though AMCAS has our official transcripts. Thanks!

Yes, you do. Baylor won't offer an acceptance without official transcripts from your school(s) on file.

ThaJewelofPR said:
Hey,

Yep, you've got to send your transcripts directly to their office

Interviewed today. So in love with curriculum, facilities, and atmosphere. My conversations went well; here's to hoping that I made a very nice impression on my interviewers and they advocated for me tonight.

Hopefully this will be requited.

::Sigh:: :oops:

drchekhov said:
Interviewed today. So in love with curriculum, facilities, and atmosphere. My conversations went well; here's to hoping that I made a very nice impression on my interviewers and they advocated for me tonight.

Hopefully this will be requited.

::Sigh:: :oops:

You and I my friend....wishing the best duder

Has anyone been accepted recently?

So to everyone who has been accepted thus far, did you have any follow-up communication with Baylor post interview? For instance, did you call or email to check your status etc? If you called or emailed, what did you say? I'm a TX resident who participated in the match so I haven't dealt with the "I'm very interested" dance. Just trying to figure out a plan of action. Ignore this double post if you also subscribe to the Baylor class thread.

Thanks for the help!

halo1570 said:
So to everyone who has been accepted thus far, did you have any follow-up communication with Baylor post interview? For instance, did you call or email to check your status etc? If you called or emailed, what did you say? I'm a TX resident who participated in the match so I haven't dealt with the "I'm very interested" dance. Just trying to figure out a plan of action. Ignore this double post if you also subscribe to the Baylor class thread.

Thanks for the help!

I sent a letter of intent post-interview. Received an acceptance a couple of weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
BaylorGuy said:
You and I my friend....wishing the best duder

I interviewed the 24th also...It was great! I wonder when we will hear back! Good luck, guys!!

halo1570 said:

Thanks for the help!

I sent an LOI about a week after my interview....still nothing from them. I'm hoping good news coming soon.

why has no one heard? maybe today is the lucky day

I really hope so. It's annoying to me because you know they have already met and decided on their last group of interviewees, so why don't they clue us in? :mad: Oh well.

I'm still waiting for my darn transcripts to come in...I will not be hearing from BCM anytime soon!

I also interviewed on the 10th of Feb and desperately want to hear back from them but have heard nothing yet. Who did you contact to check on your transcripts? Has anyone from Feb. 10th heard back yet?? I hate waiting -- I want good news so badly!

I interviewed in September and am hoping that they want to evaluate everyone in the context of the pool at this point and that hopefully they feel I am a good match. Anyway goodluck to everyone waiting and hopefully we will all hear soon. :luck: :luck:

Has anyone heard from Dr. Bradshaw yet? I wonder when they will make calls next!!

BaylorGuy said:
I sent an LOI about a week after my interview....still nothing from them. I'm hoping good news coming soon.

How important do you guys feel a LOI is this late in the game??? How did you guys format it? Thanks!

ThaJewelofPR said:
How important do you guys feel a LOI is this late in the game??? How did you guys format it? Thanks!

Go ahead and do it. It definitely couldn't hurt. I'm assuming that after giving out the last batch of acceptances from the interviews (which should be this comnig week), they should be compiling a waitlist afterwards and then the magic will happen. If anything, an LOI can definitely not hurt you

BaylorGuy said:
Go ahead and do it. It definitely couldn't hurt. I'm assuming that after giving out the last batch of acceptances from the interviews (which should be this comnig week), they should be compiling a waitlist afterwards and then the magic will happen. If anything, an LOI can definitely not hurt you
I PM'ed LizzyM about this after my interview. She said that she'd never personally seen a letter of intent affect the initial admissions decision, but that they do help if you're waitlisted. She said that an interviewer interpreting enrollment intent as sincere was about the only thing that could help you before the committee.

Then again, I wrote a letter of interest pretty late after my secondary submission that I credit with helping me get an interview spot. So who knows in this process.

Thus, Jewel, I agree with BaylorGuy: writing one won't help you for this week (since they've already made final decisions), but it would provide the committee with a fresh reminder of your adoration if you've already been waitlisted.

So is the general consensus that at least some people from Feb 10th and 24th interviews will hear this week? I am a Feb. 10th interviewee who is waiting anxiously to hear. :scared: Also, does anyone know how we'll be notified IF we are accepted? I thought they said phone calls, but I know one post said not to count on it. So would they contact accepted students via e-mail or snail mail?? Thanks everyone and good luck to all!!! :D

flipflop said:
So is the general consensus that at least some people from Feb 10th and 24th interviews will hear this week? I am a Feb. 10th interviewee who is waiting anxiously to hear. :scared: Also, does anyone know how we'll be notified IF we are accepted? I thought they said phone calls, but I know one post said not to count on it. So would they contact accepted students via e-mail or snail mail?? Thanks everyone and good luck to all!!! :D

I'm assuming they are going to give acceptances to those who interviewed on the 24th sometime this week (unless you've already been notified)...afterwards, it makes sense for them to make a waitlist (or some sort of list) to fill the rest of the spots in there class.

For those still holding out (I.E. me) i'd wait until mid to late march to hear something from them

flipflop said:

I think pretty much everyone who has gotten accepted with the exception of a few got phone calls. However, a very small group in the past have been emailed, snail mailed, or even found out in person. Good luck to all still waiting to hear!

Guys, the call can seriously come at any time. They don't send out waitlist stuff until mid-April. Between now and then, they are slowly going down the list. It's a slow process of accepting people as others who have been accepted earlier decide to decline. There is no waitlist right now.

Back when I was waiting for the call, after interviewing in November and still waiting in March for any word, I managed to talk to one of the Deans. I was informed that, based on my place on the list, he was sure I would get a call. However, he couldn't offer me an acceptance at that time. They really, honestly have to just work down the list, on-by-one. Sure enough, I was called about a week later - never on the waitlist.

Another thing I asked specifically about at that meeting was whether another letter to the admissions committee (an LOI) would help. He said don't bother. The list is basically etched in stone, with names crossed off one-by-one from the top. Nothing changes the order. Maybe perhaps if your parents made a $2 billion donation to Baylor it could change, but that's about it. It certainly wouldn't hurt, though, but if you don't have the time, don't kill yourself over it. No one will read it.

Hi,

I would like to know how you managed to get to talk to one of deans? Can you make appointments for a time to call?

always working,

Congrats on everyone who has been accepted to Baylor, it really is a great school. I am currently a 4th year med student waiting to match next week for residency. I remember being in all yalls shoes 4 years ago and getting the phone call from Dr. Bradshaw. I can answer any questions you might have about the school etc. (but unfortunately nothing related to the admissions office which is probably what everyone is really interested in :).

To all the accepted Baylor URMs:

Baylor is having there "accepted applicants weekend" next week, are any of you going?

Miss155 said:
To all the accepted Baylor URMs:

Baylor is having there "accepted applicants weekend" next week, are any of you going?
I reveived the e-mail last night but it seems to me like it is too short of notice. I will not be going because of a prior arrangement (how about you?). Also, has anyone heard of a second look weekend for ALL accepted applicants?

I am going because I am not going to any Spring Break events due to having a test after spring break.

workiholic said:
Hi,

I would like to know how you managed to get to talk to one of deans? Can you make appointments for a time to call?

always working,

I honestly don't really remember. I just remember calling the admissions office a lot and asking about my status. I think the woman got to remember my name. I think I told them that I was in the med center frequently (for my job at the time) and would love to talk to someone about anything else I could do to improve my chances. They told me to stop in if I was around or something, which I did.

That's not too specific, sorry, but it was along those lines.

So I emailed the office of admissions and found out that my transcripts were finally received yesterday (3/8/06). Hopefully I will hear from Dr. Bradshaw soon!!!!!!!!! Has anyone found out anything at all? Have they called anyone lately? Anything???

ThaJewelofPR said:
So I emailed the office of admissions and found out that my transcripts were finally received yesterday (3/8/06). Hopefully I will hear from Dr. Bradshaw soon!!!!!!!!! Has anyone found out anything at all? Have they called anyone lately? Anything???

2/10 interviewee here...no word yet. I find it odd that no one on SDN has heard recently.

I find it really hard to believe that none of us have heard back yet, either. Do you guys think some people will hear back this week? I am sick of waiting!!

Just got the call about an hour ago. Interviewed back in October sometime. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

Congrats, pcarlson. (Hope I hear back soon, too!)

pcarlson05 said:
Just got the call about an hour ago. Interviewed back in October sometime. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

Congrats! That' s awesome. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

pcarlson05 said:

Did you get an email, too? or just a call?

congrats!

pcarlson05 said:

Big ups my friend....there is still hope out there. I'm thinking about giving them a call tomorrow just to check up on everything...hopefully i can get some good news.

Did you interview in February, BaylorGuy? I interviewed on the 24th (last interview cycle) and I'm wondering if anyone from my cycle has heard anything yet...

ThaJewelofPR said:
Did you interview in February, BaylorGuy? I interviewed on the 24th (last interview cycle) and I'm wondering if anyone from my cycle has heard anything yet...

I interviewed on Jan 6. I honestly felt it was my best interview out of all the ones i have done this season. I'm just hoping to hear some good news. If not an outright acceptance, then perhaps something high on the waitlist.

Heres to you Jewel :thumbup: :thumbup: :luck:

BaylorGuy said:
I interviewed on Jan 6. I honestly felt it was my best interview out of all the ones i have done this season. I'm just hoping to hear some good news. If not an outright acceptance, then perhaps something high on the waitlist.

Heres to you Jewel :thumbup: :thumbup: :luck:

Good :luck: to you too, BaylorGuy! Did you end up matching at UTSW or UTMB?

Congrats, pcarlson!

I called today to check on transcripts. They received the one from UT, but I'm not sure about the one from my study abroad affiliate. Supposedly they shouldn't even need this; the grade shows up on my UT transcript. But I wonder if I've confused Baylor by listing my affiliate.

Oh, this waiting is no fun. Espeically because the outer screen on my flip-phone has gone kaput, so whenever I receive a call, I have to answer it without knowing who it's from.

But in perspective, I assume that everyone here already has at least one other acceptance. Best of luck to all.