MPH Berkeley MPH Scholarships Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calicalicali1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to gather all conversation about the scholarships and financial aid Berkeley gives its MPH admits in this thread.

Berkeley sent an email recently saying the following:
  • The School of Public Health has notified nominees of their nomination for GOP, Block Grant, and KP Scholars program in late February. Recipients of these scholarships/fellowships and others will be informed on a rolling basis starting March 23rd, 2018.
  • The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office will be compiling federal aid packages (e.g., student loans) and releasing that information to students between late April and early May. Be sure to complete the 2018-19 FAFSA
1. To start, I'll say I was nominated for a Block grant which apparently can range from $5,000-12,000. I was only nominated, so it's not sure that I'll get it, as far as I can tell.

Anyone have information about the other two programs (GOP, KP Scholars - amounts, candidate requirements, etc)?

2. I know from previous years' threads that there are also need-based scholarships that Berkeley give out. Sounds like that's what they're describing in the second bullet point. If anyone has info about those, that would be great, too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your nomination! Unfortunately I did not receive any nominations but I'm hopeful for need-based scolarships :(

Information on the other two programs can be found on their website: sph. berkeley .edu/ fees-financial-aid /publichealth-fellowships-scholarships

(remove spacing, i'm not allowed to post links yet apparently)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your nomination! Unfortunately I did not receive any nominations but I'm hopeful for need-based scolarships :(

Information on the other two programs can be found on their website: sph. berkeley .edu/ fees-financial-aid /publichealth-fellowships-scholarships

Thank you and great link! Sounds like we'll have to wait a while for the need-based scholarship information...do you know how much they tend to cover? (say if someone is completely unable to pay?)