Biden Out of Race

Started by DirtDocMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This lethal injection mess is getting out of hand. Bullet to the back of the skull or noose around the neck - done. Killing someone 'humanely' is easy. Trying to make it seem like a medical procedure is PR sugar coating. Or maybe we should join the civilized world by putting an end to executions.

 
Let's say the farmers pass off the cost of the product to customers. How will that result in a net decrease in water consumption?
It would reduce water consumption because the flood irrigators relying on free water from 150-year-old water rights would have to pay market rates for their water, and would therefore have a powerful incentive to install drip lines.

Artificially cheap commodities are wasted.

I have a well. I don't pay for water. I might take a 20 minute shower. I water plants with reckless abandon. I set up the hose for the dogs to play in and turn the sink on to drip because the cat can't be bothered to drink from the three cat fountain bowls in the house, and I forget about both for hours. Water is free and abundant so I don't make any effort to conserve it.