Bizarre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JPP I mean this with 100% sincerity and with all due respect:

I am not out to censor or moderate this forum or you inappropriately.

You are a great asset to this forum.

The SDN TOS still applies to everyone.

Dude, I don't give a

F.....

just kidding man...btw your twit colleague moderators saw that and are now FURIOUSLY fingering their Blackberries in DISGUST:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Shouldn't we be segwaying into truck talk and buck hunting by now??

Here, I'll get the ball rolling:

128600.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

uhhhh wait dude that's my neighbor

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

You know I hate that word and use it accordingly.

Nicely done!:laugh:

I thought the same thing when I read it... well played, Arch! :D

Despite the fact that I've razzed Jet for overusing bold and huge fonts, I have to agree with him on this one. I think a forum like this is best if left to run a little bit wild, within reason. Who wants a forum where you have to walk on egg shells with every post. An anonymous forum such as this is best if it has somewhat of a "wild west" feel to it. In fact, I've put my heart and sould into some pretty lengthy posts and people just lurk, lurk, lurk and then post 2 line garbage. Otherwise, such a forum becomes pointless if it's no different that typical, shallow, overly censored, politically correct, generally meaningless daily conversation. Now that being said, the thread was slapped down for no reason other than possibly being as boring as the past posts Jet was talking about. Sometimes an otherwise lame or boring thread can explode into something interesting, though. You never know. Also, I reject the fact that SDN somehow "represents" Physicians and medical professionals in general, since any one can come on such a forum and claim to be something they're not.

So let it ride, Mods.

This is tough. I agree that censorship shouldn't really have a place in this country, but closing a thread doesn't really count as censorship in my book... it is moderating. Everybody who signed up for an account on SDN agreed to the TOS. If there is a thread that results in many users "reporting it", then it has to be investigated. The simplest way (at least how I see it) to remove the problem is to close the thread... nobody needs probation/banning/etc. I think that most will agree that the gas forums are pretty awesome with what is tolerated here... I know that it's one of my favorite places to hang out in cyberspace.

With that being said... if people get up in arms over trivial stuff like that other thread, well... the world is going to be a pretty cruel place. Contrary to popular belief, the world outside of academics (meaning school) isn't all roses and unicorn farts.

As far as the bolded part above... Personally, I think that other thread was within reason... but obviously enough people didn't agree with my sentiments that it closed. If we didn't enforce (or selectively enforced) the rules of the forum, it would lead to fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Anyway, back to my popcorn.
:corny::corny::corny:
Time to go back to watching, as this thread is turning into...

41Jj1zckv5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You do realize that one of the mods over there is the past president of the AANA, the very definition of militant CRNA's?

There are many militant members over there who have been banned from here multiple times for trolling.

I have no interest in regurgitating their filth on this website, but I can assure you that forum is populated by militants of the worst type.

Hence MORE reason for me to be over there preaching what I truly believe.

Actually closing this kind of thread on other forums might be considered "moderating", but on this forum it is censorship because this forum has traditionally tolerated and sometimes encouraged edgy threads.
This forum is just being transformed into just another SDN forum, and that's a little sad for those who knew it during it's better days.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Jj1zckv5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

Actually closing this kind of thread on other forums might be considered "moderating", but on this forum it is censorship because this forum has traditionally tolerated and sometimes encouraged edgy threads.
This forum is just being transformed into just another SDN forum, and that's a little sad for those who knew it during it's better days.

See, I don't 100% agree... if it was censorship, the thread would be deleted, or posts would have been edited... and we wouldn't be able to have this discussion.

By the way, I'm NOT saying that the other thread should have been closed.

I do agree about what this forum used to be like. I don't know if that is a direct reflection of moderation, or just that a lot of those bad @$$ posters (including you, Plank) just stopped posting.

This forum did have some glory days with some very prolific users (including yourself).

It wasn't all roses, ice cream and puppy dog tails though.

You know dude, you're accusing me of calling people "derogatory names"... is that because I said dude are you gay?

My vernacular has different meaning than what you are portraying... btw I really don't give a s h i t whether someone is or not...you don't know me, so

lose the judgement. If you are truly interested, ask the many on this forum that personally know me.

As far as the intimidating atmosphere reference...

whatever man.

I like to spar sometimes.

Thats just the way I roll.

Accusing me of harboring an intimidating atmosphere after your "review" (jesus back to nursing stupidvisor atmosphere) of a thread

is unfair, nor do I feel the need to defend myself.

Regardless,

I really don't care what you think.

I'm not judging you, and I never claimed to know you, all I said was you can't bitch about the lack of educational involvement in one breath and call people names in the next.

And I don't know what your gay "vernacular" could be "portraying," exactly, since it's not like there's a lot of depth or subtlety in it. I've been on my fair share of athletic teams and locker rooms, I know exactly the vernacular you're using.

And I don't really care what you think, either, so at least we can agree on something.

Despite the fact that I've razzed Jet for overusing bold and huge fonts, I have to agree with him on this one. I think a forum like this is best if left to run a little bit wild, within reason. Who wants a forum where you have to walk on egg shells with every post. An anonymous forum such as this is best if it has somewhat of a "wild west" feel to it. In fact, I've put my heart and sould into some pretty lengthy posts and people just lurk, lurk, lurk and then post 2 line garbage. Otherwise, such a forum becomes pointless if it's no different that typical, shallow, overly censored, politically correct, generally meaningless daily conversation. Now that being said, the thread was slapped down for no reason other than possibly being as boring as the past posts Jet was talking about. Sometimes an otherwise lame or boring thread can explode into something interesting, though. You never know. Also, I reject the fact that SDN somehow "represents" Physicians and medical professionals in general, since any one can come on such a forum and claim to be something they're not.

So let it ride, Mods.

My brother I feel you. I also respect the mods. Arch and PGG, for sure. The other stud isn't as active.

I LOVE being challenged. That is EXACTLY why I dislike being censored for a belief system which has not been effectively challenged. When I post horrific circumstances of certain religious methods of slaughter and then get BANNED, it leaves out the DISCUSSION of how might we, as INTELLIGENT human beings, might minimalize that suffering. In fact, I DID post alternative methods of "slaughter" which would not interfere with various religious ritual slaughter of animals.

Censorship is the absolute WEAKEST countermeasure to a viewpoint which makes people UNCOMFORTABLE.

Mods on this forum, however, are just that. They are MODERATORS of the forum which they preside over, but do not set TOS violations for. They are innocent bystanders, and they are NOT the enemy.

BUT, the enemy is those whom would wish to stifle debate because they have ZERO arguement to the contrary. They would much prefer a bannishement so that they don't get put into an uncomfortable position.

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

You know I hate that word and use it accordingly.

Nicely done!:laugh:

Ahhh, I fondly remember the days Jet first called me slim, back when I posted some crap I learned in residency about NOT intubating pregnant women or something like that.

I stuck around.....

And quit frankly, if someone doesn't stick around because of a little pressure, do we really want them here?

I'm not saying that threats are okay....i'm just saying'....

That thread was actually pretty entertaining, as is this one. I lurked for years, joined in like '05, and have posted rarely at best since then. Like the economy, the anesthesia job market, and everything else, this forum has gone up and down in cycles, and will continue to do so.

Let's all agree on one thing- the "censored" thread has begat this thread, which in my mind is far more interesting and revealing. I've seen enough threads on trucks and guns and liquor. Can't remember the last time I saw a thread between an old guy and an older guy pissing on each other, then shaking hands and walking away.

If we lived in China, this entire domain would have been blocked back when Lee was still in med school.

So kumbaya, bitches.

K U M B A Y A

Let's all agree on one thing- the "censored" thread has begat this thread, which in my mind is far more interesting and revealing. I've seen enough threads on trucks and guns and liquor. Can't remember the last time I saw a thread between an old guy and an older guy pissing on each other, then shaking hands and walking away.

If we lived in China, this entire domain would have been blocked back when Lee was still in med school.

So kumbaya, bitches.

K U M B A Y A

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So kumbaya, bitches.

K U M B A Y A

Channeling Charlie Sheen circa June 2011...

"Winning."

So, do you support, then, some of my "controversial" posts? My difference of opinion on certain taboo matters? Do you stand out against my censorship? (I'm still on probation man..) Some of your buddies would indeed have me banned for LIFE for the issues I've discussed and the videos I've posted. How about you Jet? Or is it a one way street?

I've been around long enough to remember a TON of great posts and exchanges on this forum. I'm partial to certain posters, and they have my bias, admitedly (JPP is one of them. Again, I admit that). So, Jet, this is not an attack but rather a few simple questions. BTW, this is not an "indirect" attack against the mods. PGG is another which I have a bias in favor of. But, not without merrit. I value his intelligent perspectives and input on a wide variety of matters.

Hey CF, For the record, and I know there are so many of us keeping interweb records these days, I don't think I ever TOS reported any of your posts (seriously) nor am I one of JPP's buddies that would indeed have you banned for LIFE. :laugh: Don't give yourself so much credit man...

I am one of JPP's buddies, true. But I don't a) need to have you banned, myself, you're doing a stellar job of that yourself, it would seem, not a jab against your status honestly, but if you were in fact referring to me, you are wrong. Your videos and words are what they are, your opinion. I disagree with most of what you say, I have my feelings about you, but silencing you is just too easy. Since I thought you were writing about me, I wanted to straighten that out. b) I don't want you banned at all really, I always advocated that your POV needs to be heard and learned from...take that as you wish. Also, I do think you do like to start up topics that incite and infuriate or just make peeps...uncomfy. So, I find it ironic, a little, that you're giving JPP such a hard time for stirring the pot - your MO. I don't need to defend JPP, but just pointing out the obvious and it is a bit hypocritical. I don't personally support your controversial posts, well, what's IN them anyway, but I do support your ability to get on your soap box and spew with the rest of us in America. I graduated from Columbia U, the same school that did me proud when Pres Bollinger invited the Iranian President (don't feel like looking up his last name's spelling, my guess is Ahmedinijad???) to come to campus and speak. Free Speech allows us to keep our enemies nice and close. Works for me.

I might have missed it too, why is David on probation?
I hope my question does not violate the TOS or irritates some mod though.

I missed this too.

Not up for public discussion.
Is it up for someone to privately message me? Can CF david share with me via PM? CF? Arch?

It has all the makings of a classic!
Yeah, we're on our way. Kudos to JPP. We need this. Need to make it fun here, get people teaching and learning! this website is SO VALUABLE. Seriously. For MANY reasons. I think what happened to JPP on his earlier closed thread is semantics, and people just arguing for arguing's sake. a NOT A SINGLE OTHER REASON. They were sitting at home, annoyed about something, saw a post where JPP did some calling out, then got challenged, and said, yeah, ill pick a side and give it right back to JPP. Same thing that happened to me on that RESIDENT ADVICE thread. I gave good advice and still heard he ll from the masses. Ridiculous. Feel your pain JPP. It's just the mood of the room. Remember, this is a comedy show, in a room full of laughing audience members, there will always be someone in there who is moaning that he is funnier, or better on stage. They rarely are. Or they'd be on stage themselves. I had an old boss like this. Exec Producer. Not a single writer, director, producer, ACTOR in LA that was talented. ALL he knew was to bad mouth people the moment they walked out the door. G OD knows what he said about me after I left the room. What a miserable person. Head of one of the most successful TV shows on the air. Yet all he knew how to do was insult and COMPLAIN and find fault and put people down. It's such an EASY task. It's why actors hate critics. As do I. They sit there to PICK APART your work, when they couldn't figure out HOW to do your work in the first place? Please. And when this old boss would bad mouth an accomplished actor's movie, YEP, you guessed it, there was ALWAYS an IDIOT there sitting next to him that would IMMEDIATELY nod their head, "Duh, right boss, you're SOOOOOOO right." Save it.

D712

Shouldn't we be segwaying into truck talk and buck hunting by now??

Here, I'll get the ball rolling:

128600.jpg

I have said all I am going to say about this unless anyone has any specific questions or suggestions about forum maintenance.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic:

2254%20-%20crowded%20ridin-dirty%20truck.jpg

Heck yeah, now we're back on track. I'm just here for the TOYOTA's!

Found another one in my stash of white trash cruiser pics, but in all fairness, this was in the middle of our move this past summer. Seems appropriate for this thread.

View attachment P1010340.JPG:eek::eek::laugh::laugh:

Why am I seeing photobucket adds on DREAMS page? Was that accidentally uploaded as well, or did my donation to SDN get me on the "seeing ads" list?

Hmf.

As for the "threat heard round the world" by JPP. I totally didn't read that as a threat where JPP was going to call Lee or something, or tag TOS complaint. I just totally read it that JPP was gonna, ya know...

GO OFF

on the dude. Which is hardly any more a threat than anything else not flagged in Anesthesia SDN history. But I agree, it tickled somebody's CLOSE THREAD bone at the moment. So be it. This thread, equally, rocks.

D712

Last edited:
I should apologize to pgg and arch for leaving them hanging in this thread. As the other assistant mod, I was part of the discussion regarding the fate of the other thread. I'm happy to tell you my age and credentials, if that is important to your interpretation of my post. At the end of the day, regardless of your intent behind the slur, you just simply can't say:

Dude, are you gay?

While your intention was probably benign, and while you don't have a problem with this verbage, many people equate this type of language with being called a ni&%er, k#ke, or fa&%ot. And while we can't go on living our lives constantly in fear of how others will react to our personalities (although, let's face it: we all have to live with how others perceive us and if we act like cretins, people will probably treat us that way), the forum is different, and the TOS simply don't allow that kind of language.

I appreciate that you feel the need to defend your post based on your track record (which is laudable), intent (which was certainly benign), or your rough-n-ready style (which is usually endearing), but your track record, intent, and style are not under attack here: the language is, and the language was determined by a large group of adults to be unacceptable according to the TOS.

WOW big comeback where you been?

Dude, I am facing this serious life dilemma. You see, I am getting old. Yeah, imagine that. And I am dating this awesome chick. On the one hand, I really want to have a happy family with kids some day. On the other hand, I really want to bang different chicks constantly for the rest of my life. So for the past several months, after passing oral boards, I have gone into hiding trying to solve this mystery. Basically, how can I successfully have both? This fork in my road of life is driving me nutz. You know what I'm sayin'?

:confused::confused::confused:

Hey CF, For the record, and I know there are so many of us keeping interweb records these days, I don't think I ever TOS reported any of your posts (seriously) nor am I one of JPP's buddies that would indeed have you banned for LIFE. :laugh: Don't give yourself so much credit man...

I am one of JPP's buddies, true. But I don't a) need to have you banned, myself, you're doing a stellar job of that yourself, it would seem, not a jab against your status honestly, but if you were in fact referring to me, you are wrong. Your videos and words are what they are, your opinion. I disagree with most of what you say, I have my feelings about you, but silencing you is just too easy. Since I thought you were writing about me, I wanted to straighten that out. b) I don't want you banned at all really, I always advocated that your POV needs to be heard and learned from...take that as you wish. Also, I do think you do like to start up topics that incite and infuriate or just make peeps...uncomfy. So, I find it ironic, a little, that you're giving JPP such a hard time for stirring the pot - your MO. I don't need to defend JPP, but just pointing out the obvious and it is a bit hypocritical. I don't personally support your controversial posts, well, what's IN them anyway, but I do support your ability to get on your soap box and spew with the rest of us in America. I graduated from Columbia U, the same school that did me proud when Pres Bollinger invited the Iranian President (don't feel like looking up his last name's spelling, my guess is Ahmedinijad???) to come to campus and speak. Free Speech allows us to keep our enemies nice and close. Works for me.

I missed this too.

Is it up for someone to privately message me? Can CF david share with me via PM? CF? Arch?

Yeah, we're on our way. Kudos to JPP. We need this. Need to make it fun here, get people teaching and learning! this website is SO VALUABLE. Seriously. For MANY reasons. I think what happened to JPP on his earlier closed thread is semantics, and people just arguing for arguing's sake. a NOT A SINGLE OTHER REASON. They were sitting at home, annoyed about something, saw a post where JPP did some calling out, then got challenged, and said, yeah, ill pick a side and give it right back to JPP. Same thing that happened to me on that RESIDENT ADVICE thread. I gave good advice and still heard he ll from the masses. Ridiculous. Feel your pain JPP. It's just the mood of the room. Remember, this is a comedy show, in a room full of laughing audience members, there will always be someone in there who is moaning that he is funnier, or better on stage. They rarely are. Or they'd be on stage themselves. I had an old boss like this. Exec Producer. Not a single writer, director, producer, ACTOR in LA that was talented. ALL he knew was to bad mouth people the moment they walked out the door. G OD knows what he said about me after I left the room. What a miserable person. Head of one of the most successful TV shows on the air. Yet all he knew how to do was insult and COMPLAIN and find fault and put people down. It's such an EASY task. It's why actors hate critics. As do I. They sit there to PICK APART your work, when they couldn't figure out HOW to do your work in the first place? Please. And when this old boss would bad mouth an accomplished actor's movie, YEP, you guessed it, there was ALWAYS an IDIOT there sitting next to him that would IMMEDIATELY nod their head, "Duh, right boss, you're SOOOOOOO right." Save it.

D712

First, I didn't diss JPP. I know you guys are buddies. I respect that. JPP has been very instrumental in my professional life, believe it or not. I've been around for, I guess, 7 years now.... wow. He and I go way back, regardless of whether we speak over the phone or not....

I was kind of referring to you, but not just to you, to be sure. You hopped all over a thread of mine and went WAY OVER THE TOP with your accussations. You went into a 500 PLUS word "questionaire" about my "anti-Semitism". You called me names, (which I did not report). You slandered me. (which I did not report). If your intentions were "good" then why punch below the belt???

When Arch said it was not up for public discussion, he meant by mods. Nothing secretive or sinister about it - SDN policy is for mods to not discuss actions taken with regard to particular users, simply out of politeness and courtesy. That's all. Anyone is absolutely to ask those individuals for their side of the story, and they're free to answer via PM in any way they want, or publicly subject to not re-doing the same things that got them warned in the first place.

Banhammer fears are overblown. :) The only accounts I take pleasure in squishing are the militant CRNA trolls and spammers, and half of that is because I always conjure a mental image of JPP's thirty ought six troll gun as I'm clicking the button ...

My general philosophy about moderation is congruent with the Fat Man's Law #13.

Dude, I am facing this serious life dilemma. You see, I am getting old. Yeah, imagine that. And I am dating this awesome chick. On the one hand, I really want to have a happy family with kids some day. On the other hand, I really want to bang different chicks constantly for the rest of my life. So for the past several months, after passing oral boards, I have gone into hiding trying to solve this mystery. Basically, how can I successfully have both? This fork in my road of life is driving me nutz. You know what I'm sayin'?

Now THIS is worth talking about. This has plagued man since the beginning of time. Chris Rock has a great bit on this. Go to youtube and search "Chris Rock Committment." On the one hand, I'd say, "If you have to wonder, then she's not the one." On the other hand, a lot of my married friends admit that there is always SOME desire leftover. And on the third hand, as I age, boy, the shine of a crazy, exciting dating life has tarnished. Sometimes I just wish I was in the backyard throwing the ball with my imaginary son that I would've had years ago if I'd made different choices.

And I should add that your ability to continue attracting the kind of "chicks" you'll want to "bang," will likely decrease over time. Or, as one of my attendings told me once when I told him I wanted to buy a ranch and go off the grid, "Your net amount of lust won't decrease, but the number of eligible targets for that lust sure will."

I should apologize to pgg and arch for leaving them hanging in this thread. As the other assistant mod, I was part of the discussion regarding the fate of the other thread. I'm happy to tell you my age and credentials, if that is important to your interpretation of my post. At the end of the day, regardless of your intent behind the slur, you just simply can't say:

Dude, are you gay?

While your intention was probably benign, and while you don't have a problem with this verbage, many people equate this type of language with being called a ni&%er, k#ke, or fa&%ot. And while we can't go on living our lives constantly in fear of how others will react to our personalities (although, let's face it: we all have to live with how others perceive us and if we act like cretins, people will probably treat us that way), the forum is different, and the TOS simply don't allow that kind of language.

I appreciate that you feel the need to defend your post based on your track record (which is laudable), intent (which was certainly benign), or your rough-n-ready style (which is usually endearing), but your track record, intent, and style are not under attack here: the language is, and the language was determined by a large group of adults to be unacceptable according to the TOS.

Since I was on the receiving end of that comment, I will chime in. I did not complain about it other than to wonder aloud in the thread why an adult would act like they were in junior high. I agree with the moderators taking a stand. This is Lee's forum and he has set rules. They are very lax and easy to follow and rarely do posts get edited or deleted or threads closed. I will defend Jet's right to act the way he does, but I will also support Lee's right to decide that certain behavior is unacceptable. If people don't like the rules of the owner, they are perfectly well within their rights to start their own internet forum and abandon this one.
When you spend time in a place owned by someone else, you live by their rules or you leave. You can't walk into a restaurant and shout gangster threats and call people offensive names and expect to not get asked to leave. No matter what we think, this forum is a business enterprise owned by a person who makes the decisions. Blasting the ones who have accepted the responsibility to try and enforce the simple rules does not help with anything. I really think we are all on the same team and I really don't think the moderators are the bad guys here. Really, no one is the bad guy. Some people just like a bit more drama than the average person. I have worked with that type before. It is not my style, but I believe that they have the right to do it if that is how they wish to be perceived.

I was kind of referring to you, but not just to you, to be sure. You hopped all over a thread of mine and went WAY OVER THE TOP with your accussations. You went into a 500 PLUS word "questionaire" about my "anti-Semitism". You called me names, (which I did not report). You slandered me. (which I did not report). If your intentions were "good" then why punch below the belt???

Yeah, I remember that thread. Very bizarre behavior.

Dude, are you gay?

Thanks for your reply.

LOL

This is what I heard:

Nurse stupidvisor: "Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah

blah blah. AND, blah blah blah,

YOU CAN'T SAY

DUDE, ARE YOU GAY?

Blahblah blahblahblah, wah wah wah wah wah,

and in conclusion,

(entire Internet audience of 232,342,038 is asleep because of rant)

blah blahblahblah.

Dudette,

Yes I can.

Get a life.

Lose the

Nurse Stupidvisor

mindset.

It diminishes

1)Learning

2) Efficiency

3)Communication

4)Expression

5) Problem solving

6) Personal relationships

7) I could go on for about an hour but hopefully you grasp the message probably not so schedule a meeting to discuss with your peers

Yeah, I remember that thread. Very bizarre behavior.

I don't remember much about that or the threads around that time, but I think bizarre was an apt descriptor for that time in general. This place gets weird every so often.

Is it possible for an entire forum to sundown itself?

Thanks for your reply.

LOL

This is what I heard:

Nurse stupidvisor: "Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah

blah blah. AND, blah blah blah,

YOU CAN'T SAY

DUDE, ARE YOU GAY?

Blahblah blahblahblah, wah wah wah wah wah,

and in conclusion,

(entire Internet audience of 232,342,038 is asleep because of rant)

blah blahblahblah.

Dudette,

Yes I can.

Get a life.

Lose the

Nurse Stupidvisor

mindset.

It diminishes

1)Learning

2) Efficiency

3)Communication

4)Expression

5) Problem solving

6) Personal relationships

7) I could go on for about an hour but hopefully you grasp the message probably not so schedule a meeting to discuss with your peers

This will be my last comment on the issue. You can make all the statements you want defending your language as some act of martyrdom or progressive thinking, but none of that changes the simple fact that the language violates the TOS of the site.

If you want to argue that the language does not, in fact, violate the TOS, well, then that could be a valid discussion. But the point you're trying to make about all of us being stiffs and squares and nerds or whatever sort of misses the point; none of it changes the fact that your language violates the TOS. It's just that simple.

I don't remember much about that or the threads around that time, but I think bizarre was an apt descriptor for that time in general. This place gets weird every so often.

Is it possible for an entire forum to sundown itself?

Please read post #71....

specifically the part about the actors/writers verses the critics... And uhhh, dude, I know which group you're in, sitting back in your recliner probably buying bigger pants because of expanding waistline, telling this person and that person how weird they are, yeah I get the MO.

Why don't you engage and contribute instead of lagging and judging?

Brings a great movie quote to mind, although you in no way resemble the referenced character so think metaphorically:

Iceman, FIRE OR CLEAR!

Last edited:
This will be my last comment on the issue. You can make all the statements you want defending your language as some act of martyrdom or progressive thinking, but none of that changes the simple fact that the language violates the TOS of the site.

If you want to argue that the language does not, in fact, violate the TOS, well, then that could be a valid discussion. But the point you're trying to make about all of us being stiffs and squares and nerds or whatever sort of misses the point; none of it changes the fact that your language violates the TOS. It's just that simple.

Your managerial style lacks efficacy.

Please read post #71....

specifically the part about the actors/writers verses the critics... And uhhh, dude, I know which group you're in, sitting back in your recliner probably buying bigger pants because of expanding waistline, telling this person and that person how f u ck Ed up they are, yeah I get the MO.

Why don't you engage and contribute instead of lagging and judging?

Brings a great movie quote to mind, although you in no way resemble the referenced character so think metaphorically:

Iceman, FIRE OR CLEAR!

Meh, you can't please everyone. I've been consistent in saying that this forum is great for teaching and learning when it allows itself to do as much. When it gets weird, and it does its sinusoidal trip every so often, I just stop coming. As much as I can appreciate the various other threads, I don't get as much value from them.

If you don't care for my posting style, that's cool man. You can pay my membership fee and have my account if to post the way you'd like to post. I post in threads that I'm comfortable posting in. As an M2, I'm acutely aware of just how little I know and how and where I should open my mouth. YOU DIG? I try to pipe up where appropriate and as a regular reader and sometimes participant, I think I get to comment on the tone of the forum. Sometimes the egos are too much and there isn't enough genial, academic discussion for my liking. I'll tell you when.

YOU CAN BE MY WINGMAN ANYTIME. YOU DIG?

Meh, you can't please everyone. I've been consistent in saying that this forum is great for teaching and learning when it allows itself to do as much. When it gets weird, and it does its sinusoidal trip every so often, I just stop coming. As much as I can appreciate the various other threads, I don't get as much value from them.

If you don't care for my posting style, that's cool man. You can pay my membership fee and have my account if to post the way you'd like to post. I post in threads that I'm comfortable posting in. As an M2, I'm acutely aware of just how little I know and how and where I should open my mouth. YOU DIG? I try to pipe up where appropriate and as a regular reader and sometimes participant, I think I get to comment on the tone of the forum. Sometimes the egos are too much and there isn't enough genial, academic discussion for my liking. I'll tell you when.

YOU CAN BE MY WINGMAN ANYTIME. YOU DIG?

"NO....YOU CAN BE MINE!":thumbup:

You thinking you can't post because you're just an M2...

nonsense man.

Great Top Gun reference by the way.

YOU

are exactly who we'd like to hear more from.

You'll learn from us.

We'll learn from you.

Time to

Step up to the mike with Micatin.

This is how I roll.

logoHomepage.gif

ETA - It isn't that I think I can't post but more that I think I should be more judicious in my posting than say one of the residents, fellows, or attendings.

This is not a response to any particular post on this thread.

I think in general this country and all of it's micro-communities has become too concerned with and afraid of offending the minority. Just look at the hoops people jump thru to not cross PETA, the LGBT community etc. The rights of the few are often held over the majority's. We see this with the rights of criminals, both racial and religious minorities, the poor and it goes on.

In the end I think "moderating" the majority for the sake of the vocal minority breeds weak and timid communities unable to be progressive or evolutionary.

:laugh::laugh: Alright, I've got something just for you. For the record - I'm a happily married father of 3. :cool:

This is from a morning radio show where I live... even though it was on the radio, you probably don't want to play this around any kids. :D

A Male Fairytale

:thumbup:

Exactly!

This is not a response to any particular post on this thread.

I think in general this country and all of it's micro-communities has become too concerned with and afraid of offending the minority. Just look at the hoops people jump thru to not cross PETA, the LGBT community etc. The rights of the few are often held over the majority's. We see this with the rights of criminals, both racial and religious minorities, the poor and it goes on.

In the end I think "moderating" the majority for the sake of the vocal minority breeds weak and timid communities unable to be progressive or evolutionary.

Cf,
I didn't say you dissed JPP, just that I feel you are giving him a hard time for doing something (stirring it up) that you do alot. I'm happy he's been instrumental to you, and I'm not surprised.
To answer your question about below the belt, we're going to have to disagree on that one. And despite the need for an entertaining thread around here, I'm not in the mood to be the subject again. I will say that I don't feel I was below the belt at all. At. All. I called It like I saw it. Straight shot. And I stand by every notion I put forward. Regardless of the eloquence I used at the time.
if you're going to write what u wrote, be ready for the reply. Seriously. It's a bit laughable that u feel u can spew what u did before, and then I'm wronging YOU for replying in kind. You're the victim? Wow. Some things on SDN Don't change. Anyhow, that's my toned down reply so as not to close this fun thread!!!

D712

First, I didn't diss JPP. I know you guys are buddies. I respect that. JPP has been very instrumental in my professional life, believe it or not. I've been around for, I guess, 7 years now.... wow. He and I go way back, regardless of whether we speak over the phone or not....

Yeah man we should be able to live two lives: one married w kids and one single...

Open marriage?

Cf,
I didn't say you dissed JPP, just that I feel you are giving him a hard time for doing something (stirring it up) that you do alot. I'm happy he's been instrumental to you, and I'm not surprised.
To answer your question about below the belt, we're going to have to disagree on that one. And despite the need for an entertaining thread around here, I'm not in the mood to be the subject again. I will say that I don't feel I was below the belt at all. At. All. I called It like I saw it. Straight shot. And I stand by every notion I put forward. Regardless of the eloquence I used at the time.
if you're going to write what u wrote, be ready for the reply. Seriously. It's a bit laughable that u feel u can spew what u did before, and then I'm wronging YOU for replying in kind. You're the victim? Wow. Some things on SDN Don't change. Anyhow, that's my toned down reply so as not to close this fun thread!!!

D712

Are we really rehashing this old mess again?

Can't the both of you argue about something that won't end until one or both of you are hit with the b& hammer via PMs?