Boston Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Has anyone heard from BU yet?... They say that the admission committee is on leave till april...Besides 2 ppl, nobody interviewed on and after 14th feb have heard anything as yet...or has someone??

Members don't see this ad.

had interview on 21 feb nd 2 guys frm my batch have already been accepted.. their acceptence was posted in feb itself

Interviews will go in April too but mostly for the waiting list, as of now most of the seats are almost over

Members don't see this ad :)
does any of you have an invitation already for the last interviews

has anyone who applied in mid jan got a interview call?? n has a score of 87 in NBDE 1!:scared:

has anyone who applied in mid jan got a interview call?? n has a score of 87 in NBDE 1!:scared:

i applied way back in october.. still no call...........anyways i dont think there r anymore spots left.. they say class is full.. we might b calle if someone drops out or defers..good luck.

Hi all,
For those who are waiting i would say don't lose hope. last year 6-7 students got acceptance in month of june. I would advise u to be in contact with admission director, show your interest in getting admission in BU.

Hi frnds BU still takin interviews, last week one of my frnd had it...but it was a short interview,i meanto say he had only personal interview and nothing like school tour and all....and the program director told him that all the seats are full and he hav to wait untill someone deffers a seat....hope this help guys

hi friends did any one got any latest news from BU. The last time I called them they told me that they are still reviewing applications.
Thanks'
Sapphire

hi guys, i hope u people are discussing admission cycle of 2008.................... I am planning to apply this year ie admission cycle of 2009, but the application is still not available on the university wesite. Anyone applying this year?

HI there? anybody recently got any calls? r they done fr this cycle?...

Does anybody knw around what time BU sends it waiting-list ??
Also if BU wait-list is out for this year ?

Does anybody knw around what time BU sends it waiting-list ??
Also if BU wait-list is out for this year ?

you'd better speek with the admission's officer
the probable answer will be
"well we don't have such thing as waitlist..."
so we just have to wait
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
I got a letter from BU that I am being placed in wait list. When I had called earlier Mr. Kahan told me that they have started sending status update letters to everyone. so, did anyone else get it? anyone else in wait list? it will be a good idea to know how many are wait listed.
Plz do post ur reply if u get any letter from BU.

Hi guys,
I got a letter from BU that I am being placed in wait list. When I had called earlier Mr. Kahan told me that they have started sending status update letters to everyone. so, did anyone else get it? anyone else in wait list? it will be a good idea to know how many are wait listed.
Plz do post ur reply if u get any letter from BU.

Hi
You got waitlisted for the interview or the acceptance?

I got a letter from BU that I have been waitlisted too

i was wondering whether they have sent out rejection letters...i have not yet received any update on my application..:(

i was wondering whether they have sent out rejection letters...i have not yet received any update on my application..:(

hi ,me too in the same boat.. no response as of now.. so i guess rejection is on its way...

:cry: hi all i have recieved a letter from BU stating that I am waitlisted. So ....................what to do now+pissed+. And I know 2 more people have got the same i.e. waitlisted. Let us all pray that those already selected, to get the admission somewhere else and move off so that we can move in:laugh:. As of nw thats it good luck u all and do keep updating any info.

:sleep:

Hi!
Those of you who are waitlisted at BU....is there any kind of a ranking in the waitlist? Or is it a general mentioning as waitlisted?

Hi,
No, there is no ranking on the waiting list.

Hi polishandshine,
Thank you for the reply. The situation is still worse without any rankings...as the applicant does not know what he stands in the que for admission..Anyways cant help it. all the best with your admissions...I am waiting for mine too.Take care.

Hi,
Did u get any letter from BU? i know, it would have been great if they had a ranking for the waitlist. so far there seems to be 6 people who r waitlisted. dont know how many more.
keep in touch.
Hi polishandshine,
Thank you for the reply. The situation is still worse without any rankings...as the applicant does not know what he stands in the que for admission..Anyways cant help it. all the best with your admissions...I am waiting for mine too.Take care.

Hi smiling days!

I have not yet recieved any letter from BU. Still waiting for mine.
When were you interviewed? I am sure the actual number will be much more than 6...as not all post in sdn...anyways just hope for the best...good luck.

Yes very true. the actual number will be more. but heard that BU is not putting everyone in waitlist either. anyways hope for the best.
Hi smiling days!

I have not yet recieved any letter from BU. Still waiting for mine.
When were you interviewed? I am sure the actual number will be much more than 6...as not all post in sdn...anyways just hope for the best...good luck.

!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am waitlisted too. Was interview 6.5 months back. Hu Hu

Anyways number of people so far Waitlisted :

1. Noori
2. Smilingdays1
3. Sapphire
4. Polishandshine
5. Fourtyone
6. Leafsfan9
7. Indian dentist

Plz add to this list. I think evrybody who was interviewed and not accepted is waitlisted

One of my friends is also waitlisted. Also, sapphire had posted that he/she knows 2 others too. so, thats 10 of us, so far. Also, it seems not everyone is waitlisted. thats what was told to my friend when she contacted BU. well, lets see how it goes. good luck to everyone!

1. Noori
2. Smilingdays1
3. Sapphire
4. Polishandshine
5. Fourtyone
6. Leafsfan9
7. Indian dentist

Plz add to this list. I think evrybody who was interviewed and not accepted is waitlisted

I think leafsfan9 is not an advanced standing applicant, but not sure.

Is that all? the waitlist? anyone else who got a similar status, plz do reply. Also, if u have opted to study somewhere else and could post that here, that would be appreciated. thank u.

1. Noori
2. Smilingdays1
3. Sapphire
4. Polishandshine
5. Fourtyone
6. Leafsfan9
7. Indian dentist

Me too waitlisted!!!!!!!!!11

hi all waitlisted folks:), please do refresh the waiting list by any additional information. Well are there any people in the BU waitlist who got into NYU in the last minute. I heard of one. So howmany ever be the number in waiting list of BU (let it be X:)) now it is X-:p. hope that this grows up:idea:.
Good Luck

Did anybody receive a rejection letter so far or is everybody being put in wait listed category.

i dint get any letter as of now..waiting waiting n waiting..

Hey Chinnu: I thought you would be joining NYU....

Hey Chinnu: I thought you would be joining NYU....
hi elto,
nope iam not going 2 nyu.. waiting fr a 2yr program.. no hopes on bu anyways.. ready fr the next cycle..thanks fr asking.. good luck at bu..

Hi Chinnu.... How much is the tuition at NYU? I think that in the long run it would be more expensive for you to lose one year of your time waiting for a 2 year program.

Hi Chinnu.... How much is the tuition at NYU? I think that in the long run it would be more expensive for you to lose one year of your time waiting for a 2 year program.

heyits not the q of money .. i wish nyu had 2yr program with the same amnt of tuition.... fr personal reasons.. i cannot go 2 a 3yr program.. iam pretty sure ill b in a good school by next apr.. god willing.. thanks fr ur concern..

hai all. As of now 3 BU waitlisted candidates have been settled in NYU and other colleges. So we all keep our fingers crossed and hope that every one in the waitlist would be cleared some how and some where. Does any one know how many people have actually been waitlisted in BU?:confused:. Mera number kab ayega:p. Good luck to all the people who are selected and best of luck to all the waitlisted people. And one more thing please inform the colleges where you are waitlisted, if you are selected somewhere else., so that atleast others would be at profit.

Thanks and Keep this thread alive,

Sapphire

Hey everyone.
That is correct - I am not an advanced standing candidate. I am still on BU's waitlist, but I received an email from Laura today re-confirming that I am on the waitlist, and I should email back if I am still interested in remaining on it... so I did. I've got no other offers, so I am hoping for a present from BU in the upcoming few weeks/couple months.

Did anyone else receive this email?

Good luck!!

Anyone heard anything from BU recently? Its only a month left for the classes to begin:(

Hi
I came to know of somebody accepted from the waiting list, for rest of us its still a wait.............................

Good to know that the WL is moving. is it someone who is in SDN? could you share the stats if u know. just trying to see how they r selecting from the WL as they dont give any order or ranking in the WL.
Hi
I came to know of somebody accepted from the waiting list, for rest of us its still a wait.............................

Hi,
Apt is at walking distance from college. U will share apt with two AS 2 students. Apt is duplex, very spacious, no disturbance of any kind.
Lease will start from Aug 1st. But if u want u can move in from 15th july.
looking for female roommate.

Last edited:
Hi all on WL!
Heard from Mr. Kahan that the WL is moving! He said couple of seats had become available and have been filled. If anyone in WL, who are also in SDN did make it, will you kindly post it here? that would be a great help to find out how the list is moving. Please... it would be greatly appreciated!
TC everyone.

Hi all on WL!
Heard from Mr. Kahan that the WL is moving! He said couple of seats had become available and have been filled. If anyone in WL, who are also in SDN did make it, will you kindly post it here? that would be a great help to find out how the list is moving. Please... it would be greatly appreciated!
TC everyone.

yes wait list is moving ..i received phone call from Tobi Kahan about my acceptance if i am still willing to join the school for this fall..
my stats are part1 92 [i was waitlisted with 89 ,i retook to improve my chances to get in]
gpa 3.8
toefl 109