BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok 30 minute mark. Role reveal time!

I hate role revealing, but it explains my "unusual" behavior and doesn't affect too much. Probably not enough to avoid a misyeet, but whatever.

I'm a vanillager. The reason I've got a different tone from the noob game is because (unlike dubZ) I'm just a vanillager, that's it. I have nothing to lose so I decided to go in full force, trying something new. In the noob game, I was a mason, which is a step up from vanillager as I had one confirmed villager from it, so I started off my first game playing it safe, trying not to draw attention to myself so no noobs would incorrectly jump on me. (Unfortunately, my mason friend Vet01 did this and got killed for it. Ironic that it's happening to me now.)

This time around though, I'm just padding in case a wolf makes a mistake. So I wanted to try some new tactics and see what would happen. Which is now about to get me yeeted. Lessons learned.

If you yeet me, you're just getting rid of my vanillager padding and making it more likely for a PR to get caught. Which I realize is pointless now since I've revealed this to the wolves, too, but I'm dangling from the yeet cliff and don't have anything to lose. Besides, assuming I get yeeted anyway, the wolves will find out I'm vanillager in half an hour along with everyone else.
 
After seeing the tone of her more recent posts, I think the chances of violet being a misyeet are higher than I'm willing to risk.
Unyeet violetvett
I don't think Ivy is a wolf. They're playing very similar to how they played in the noob game, and I think they truly are just busy.
Hoping I get struck by motivation in the next 25 minutes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok 30 minute mark. Role reveal time!

I hate role revealing, but it explains my "unusual" behavior and doesn't affect too much. Probably not enough to avoid a misyeet, but whatever.

I'm a vanillager. The reason I've got a different tone from the noob game is because (unlike dubZ) I'm just a vanillager, that's it. I have nothing to lose so I decided to go in full force, trying something new. In the noob game, I was a mason, which is a step up from vanillager as I had one confirmed villager from it, so I started off my first game playing it safe, trying not to draw attention to myself so no noobs would incorrectly jump on me. (Unfortunately, my mason friend Vet01 did this and got killed for it. Ironic that it's happening to me now.)

This time around though, I'm just padding in case a wolf makes a mistake. So I wanted to try some new tactics and see what would happen. Which is now about to get me yeeted. Lessons learned.

If you yeet me, you're just getting rid of my vanillager padding and making it more likely for a PR to get caught. Which I realize is pointless now since I've revealed this to the wolves, too, but I'm dangling from the yeet cliff and don't have anything to lose. Besides, assuming I get yeeted anyway, the wolves will find out I'm vanillager in half an hour along with everyone else.
If this is so, please describe the kind of vanillager, you have nothing to lose
 
Ok 30 minute mark. Role reveal time!

I hate role revealing, but it explains my "unusual" behavior and doesn't affect too much. Probably not enough to avoid a misyeet, but whatever.

I'm a vanillager. The reason I've got a different tone from the noob game is because (unlike dubZ) I'm just a vanillager, that's it. I have nothing to lose so I decided to go in full force, trying something new. In the noob game, I was a mason, which is a step up from vanillager as I had one confirmed villager from it, so I started off my first game playing it safe, trying not to draw attention to myself so no noobs would incorrectly jump on me. (Unfortunately, my mason friend Vet01 did this and got killed for it. Ironic that it's happening to me now.)

This time around though, I'm just padding in case a wolf makes a mistake. So I wanted to try some new tactics and see what would happen. Which is now about to get me yeeted. Lessons learned.

If you yeet me, you're just getting rid of my vanillager padding and making it more likely for a PR to get caught. Which I realize is pointless now since I've revealed this to the wolves, too, but I'm dangling from the yeet cliff and don't have anything to lose. Besides, assuming I get yeeted anyway, the wolves will find out I'm vanillager in half an hour along with everyone else.
If that's the case, was there any particular name that came with your role?

Also, it may just be because I'm new, but I'm not sure how this kind of role reveal is supposed to suggest innocence. Not voting for you yet, but I don't see how this helps.
 
@Zenge142
My retaliatory vote on Sporty was cause I've been reading her as wolf since yesterday. I confronted Sporty about it but haven't seen much of her today. My vote on her is based on the things True said about her. And her participation or attitude hasn't changed.
My vote on her is tentative.
I don't really feel violet is a wolf, she seemed wolfy but I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I also don't like that she's so much in the lead.
I'm inclined to vote for Ivy. But waiting to hear from her first.
@Aprilthearab why did you vote for me?
 
How are you reading vmh, ivy, and violet?
I feel better about vmh’s posts today, enough that I want to see another cycle. Not out of my wolf reads quite yet, but there were a few points she made I thought were well thought out and I felt like I could see coming from a village state of mind.

Ivy I’m finding a lot more suspicious as the game goes on. The attempt at a 3 way tie and the possible outcome is concerning. Your ISO has a few other concerning things. The VMH concern when there was all of 2 votes on them was really weird, as I pointed out at the time. Overall pretty wolfy.

Violet I’m really not sure one way or the other. The frustration seemed like a village response, so if I had to go one way or the other, I’d lean village for that, but I don’t have a good handle on Violet otherwise.
 
Ok 30 minute mark. Role reveal time!

I hate role revealing, but it explains my "unusual" behavior and doesn't affect too much. Probably not enough to avoid a misyeet, but whatever.

I'm a vanillager. The reason I've got a different tone from the noob game is because (unlike dubZ) I'm just a vanillager, that's it. I have nothing to lose so I decided to go in full force, trying something new. In the noob game, I was a mason, which is a step up from vanillager as I had one confirmed villager from it, so I started off my first game playing it safe, trying not to draw attention to myself so no noobs would incorrectly jump on me. (Unfortunately, my mason friend Vet01 did this and got killed for it. Ironic that it's happening to me now.)

This time around though, I'm just padding in case a wolf makes a mistake. So I wanted to try some new tactics and see what would happen. Which is now about to get me yeeted. Lessons learned.

If you yeet me, you're just getting rid of my vanillager padding and making it more likely for a PR to get caught. Which I realize is pointless now since I've revealed this to the wolves, too, but I'm dangling from the yeet cliff and don't have anything to lose. Besides, assuming I get yeeted anyway, the wolves will find out I'm vanillager in half an hour along with everyone else.
It would be helpful to know your title specifically. Given the theme, just saying vanillager seems like an easy fake reveal. I wouldn't pressure you but since you've gone ahead this far, I would like better description.
 
This exact scenario has happened with a first time wolf before. I'd be careful to clear someone for minimal contributions in the majority of cases.
Thank you for letting me know. I still don't think it's worth voting for him today, and he's definitely on my short list. Really would like to hear more from him.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree with stoaty. If we know the role name (like how the dead players were Strike and Gutter Ball) that would help us @violetvett
 
Was ivy also just as reluctant to read people and mentioning the same two or three reads over and over again in the noob game too? I'm not yeeting her for inactivity.
My impression of Ivy is that she was prone to analysis paralysis, as well as general paranoia because the possibilities were very big to her. This just an impression because I wanted to answer your question, I don't think it should necessarily be indicative.
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 2212)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (5) - Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue, alley
OctoDoc (1) - violet
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, jfluff
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc
Ivy (-)
Fluff (4) - Sporty, April, ykal, Zenge

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

15/20
missing:
@Viscernable @IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen @Truenamer @potentialsheltervet

Day close: <20 MINUTES 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Im voted ivy ..? is this some weird swaparoo??
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 2212)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (5) - Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue, alley
OctoDoc (1) - violet
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, jfluff
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc
Ivy (-)
Fluff (4) - Sporty, April, ykal, Zenge

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

15/20
missing:
@Viscernable @IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen @Truenamer @potentialsheltervet

Day close: <20 MINUTES 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
I'm on ivy!
 
Doc Ock in the noob game:
"May I play? I want to be a wolf please 🙂"
"1. I only change under the full moon. I can be undercover as a human during the day and half moon. Also, sharp teefs.
2. Villager fingers and only ketchup - hold the mayo
3. ABBA - Because I'm a dancing queen"
Doc Ock in the sign-ups:
"We're gonna catch a werewolf.
We're gonna catch the beast.
I'm gonna be the werewolf.
I'm hungry, feast FEAST!
🐺"
"Count me in! I'm excited to be a wolf!"
 
Frame 2 Official Voting Tally (as of post 2224)

Vis (1) - zuri
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (5) - Lawpy, puppy, meats, blue, alley
OctoDoc (1) - violet
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, jfluff
Oxygen (1) - Octodoc
Ivy (2) - April, ykal
Fluff (2) - Sporty, Zenge

Leading: @violetvett

Ineligible: samac

15/20
missing:
@Viscernable @IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen @Truenamer @potentialsheltervet

Day close: <20 MINUTES 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
 
•***************************
Doc Ock in the noob game:
"May I play? I want to be a wolf please 🙂"
"1. I only change under the full moon. I can be undercover as a human during the day and half moon. Also, sharp teefs.
2. Villager fingers and only ketchup - hold the mayo
3. ABBA - Because I'm a dancing queen"
Doc Ock in the sign-ups:
"We're gonna catch a werewolf.
We're gonna catch the beast.
I'm gonna be the werewolf.
I'm hungry, feast FEAST!
🐺"
"Count me in! I'm excited to be a wolf!"
has anyone else watched maid on netflix?
************************
 
If this is so, please describe the kind of vanillager, you have nothing to lose
I'm a Strike like genny, same exact thing with the higher bowling average.

Yup, it sounds like I'm lying since someone has the same role, but I bet there's other duplicates out there, too. I cringed the second I saw genny had the same role as me because I knew that if I had to role reveal, it would be immediately doubted. Oh well. If you don't believe me, at least it doesn't hurt the village PR-wise which is good. It does mean that the wolves are more likely to catch a PR tonight though.
 
This has a lot from D1 so sorry in advance..... *EDITED to remove things I didnt end up commenting on*
I’m speedreading and having trouble telling if I’m just giving village points for being here or if this post makes me feel better about you for legitimate reasons. I mostly feel better about you because I now feel a lot worse about Ivy and Fluff. I’m still confused about how Ivy/the thread in general was supposed to know that your early naked yeet vote on her was a serious vote. Did I miss an early post from you about her?
 
Was ivy also just as reluctant to read people and mentioning the same two or three reads over and over again in the noob game too? I'm not yeeting her for inactivity.
Yeah, until endgame I believe she was doing the exact same thing. She could be a wolf this go round but I strongly suspected her as wolfy in the noob game for her inactivity and lack of contributions so I'm trying to be more cautious this time. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just caught up after spending a while cleaning our apartment. i think i've mostly felt defensive of veterans picking on noobs for acting nooby, which feels central to the arguments behind the violet, ivy, and fluff bandwagons... april's extensive iso of ivy is the most substantial offender of this, so I'm going to...

unyeet vis
yeet april
 
I’m speedreading and having trouble telling if I’m just giving village points for being here or if this post makes me feel better about you for legitimate reasons. I mostly feel better about you because I now feel a lot worse about Ivy and Fluff. I’m still confused about how Ivy/the thread in general was supposed to know that your early naked yeet vote on her was a serious vote. Did I miss an early post from you about her?
No initally it was pressure but then it shifted as she didnt post anything but catching up and people started to defend her and then the near closing cause more suspision
 
just caught up after spending a while cleaning our apartment. i think i've mostly felt defensive of veterans picking on noobs for acting nooby, which feels central to the arguments behind the violet, ivy, and fluff bandwagons... april's extensive iso of ivy is the most substantial offender of this, so I'm going to...

unyeet vis
yeet april
That massive ISO made you read april as a wolf?
 
just caught up after spending a while cleaning our apartment. i think i've mostly felt defensive of veterans picking on noobs for acting nooby, which feels central to the arguments behind the violet, ivy, and fluff bandwagons... april's extensive iso of ivy is the most substantial offender of this, so I'm going to...

unyeet vis
yeet april
besides these feelings about the noob scrutinizing, the only other rationale I have @Aprilthearab being that they were high up on DubZ list before DubZ's death...
 
*******************
yes. explain the connection lol
"we're going on a bearhurt
were gonna catch a big one"

is what i hear in the
Doc Ock in the sign-ups:
"We're gonna catch a werewolf.
We're gonna catch the beast.
I'm gonna be the werewolf.
I'm hungry, feast FEAST!
*****************************
 
I again logged on late and cannot possibly read all of the posts in time for a vote. I can address some comments I cam across (btw if you are commenting about me or my actions please tag me bc I will likely miss it if you don't... I feel like I'm entitled to explain stuff).

why do you feel this way about blue specifically?
I feel this way about blue because I truly think they are not wolf. Gut feeling? The way they're acting? Interactions with other players seems the same as in noob game when they were village.
This is the second time you’ve seemed pre-emptively defensive today
I have to be preemptively defensive because, as you see in this game thread and the noob game, people are QUICK to jump on you for literally anything (see below for examples).
That it is pretty wolfy. She was catching up (possibly reading last few pages), and maybe she chose to yeet vis cause she thought vis was the most suspicious - vis wasn't defending herself much, while youngkal and stoat were trying. But creating a 3-way tie could have been very destructive if all 3 of them are village. Like Dana repeatedly said in the noob game, why waste a yeet when you can take out one more villager; in this scenario, why just 2 villagers when you can take out 3?
So now that I'm pondering, @IvyMoose why did you vote vis again?
I voted vis because they were the most wolf to me in the leaderboard. I stand by my vote because, despite what others may say, your vote ~really~ doesn't matter if you vote on the outskirts of the main players. So I voted my most wolfy read that had the best chance of being yeeted (and in a tie, in can go multiple ways, so I thought I would try to save blue, whom I thought was village in the moment).
Erm, what? That's very awkward and agreeable, Ivy. Acknowledging that it's outdated doesn't make it not outdated.
Um... yes? I wasn't saying it wasn't... I was basing my vote on my current knowledge, so people reading my vote would understand where I was coming from (which you didn't).
Anywayyyyy, yeet @IvyMoose


This is super defensive, like wolf-level-defensive. Ivy doesn't apologize or anything later and just asks again why people don't understand their reasoning? And everyone ignores it? Odd.


This post has zero helpful content and just drags back the AM-Genny thing from page 2.

Ivy has been 100% missing and not said anything really helpful. Everyone has ignored this and piled on me instead.
It is surprising that you are talking about being 100% missing and not helpful, when you acted the similar in the noob game, and you were village. Empathy please? And maybe it brought back the AM-Genny thing because, IDK, I was literally on the first-half of the thread making my vote?
I really really want to believe you. Cause I joked too and felt super frustrated on D1. I don't like you throwing attention to @samac cause I followed her logic for genny and have liked her posts in general. Samac and AM have been making sound comments so they seem very much villagers to me. I know I hate to judge by tones because you're in a very different situation than the noob game and the speed game, but I don't like your finger-pointing in this one. I don't know who brought it up, but any reason you didn't brainstorm with @zuriburi since you had the chance?
Anw, as for @IvyMoose , I want to hear more from her, so I'll wait for her to show up before voting.

[IVY ISO PT 1]
1) Hesitant to share reads bc wrong reads leads to (imo) wolfy vibes, which I want to clear up.
2) Stumbly and repetitive... welcome to my life. Deep dark secret: my long term memory sucks a**. Please do not come for me when explaining this. If you want an anecdote...
I did a pre-op ECG on a patient today and looked through record for any heart disease or murmurs. Saw 2/6 murmur, put that in report, and sent it to cardiologist. Report came back wanting echo and rads done before anesthesia. Looks in record, WOW report under "cardiologist report" and not "seen by specialist" (the latter is used most commonly in my practice). See that an echo was done, had increased aortic valve velocities (or something like that). No meds or anything. Called back the cardiologist telemedicine and explained all of this and frequently apologized and kept repeating "sorry I should have seen the echo" and the telemedicine person responding "it's ok" and just telling me that thoracic rads would be the next best step and anesthetic protocol was modified nonetheless. Literally the amount of times I kept saying the results of the echo and saying the exact words of the report kept the convo going for 30min. So yes I am stumble and repetitive, in person and online.
3) Again, I am not the best wolf reader. I admit this. Can we move on? I doubt I will ever get better (only practice and time can tell), but as for now you have a bimbo wolf reader here.
4) Three-way tie seemed the best way to save who I thought was village and eliminate who I thought was wolf, since without my vote two people I thought were village / not wolf.
[IVY ISO PT 2]
Read the above because I answered most of it above. Read of vmh vs april... I just didn't think enough heat was on april at the time. Why go after one player when another player, I thought, had the same level of sus?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
besides these feelings about the noob scrutinizing, the only other rationale I have @Aprilthearab being that they were high up on DubZ list before DubZ's death...
The continuing of this logic of dubz thought wolf and voting her for the effort she put into her iso feels icky
 
@Aprilthearab
thank you for ISOing Ivy. I don't know why but I had forgotten about most of Ivy's posts. I had thought she had been completely absent after voting. Seeing it piled up does make her very sus, more than the suspicions I've felt about violet. Mr Waffles, by your grace,

unyeet sporty
yeet Ivy
 
That massive ISO made you read april as a wolf?
It wasn't the first thing, but yeah... I see very normal flustered noob behavior throughout that ISO, so putting the effort into that feels like a bad faith attempt to cast nooby behavior as wolfy..