Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student33333

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since Interview Feedback is down, can someone post some info about the interview at Buffalo. I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I posted info on my SUNY Buffalo interview. Just go to SDN's main page and when there click on the big guide to med school,then click on interviewing in the undergraduate box, from there just follow the directions that will lead you to where the interview experience postings are. Good luck :) .

P.S.
If any of the regular SDN'ers sees this post, can you tell me how to place a link in these replies? Thanks :D

Thanks daisygirl, I have an interview there in a couple of weeks myself and could definitely benefit from your info.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have an interview coming up at Buffalo. If anyone could post some of the questions they were asked it would be very helpful. Please help! Interviewfeedback is still down and has been for the past couple of weeks!

Just be ready for the essay and most interviews are suppose to be non-stress, however with a list of 6 questions that are uniform across everyone (I didn't really get them so I can only list a few) I had the ethical interview from hell but I was definitely the minority...one question was who is your best friend and how would they describe you and a second one was talk about a contreversy (sp?) you had with someone and how you handled it....I don't remember the rest...good luck I really liked the school

Doesn't Buff give preference to science majors?

Buffalo was my most ethically-oriented interview. Interviewers have a list of hypothetical situations that they ask you about. I was also asked to explain how I would determine the number of gas stations in the United States (I'm serious)!
I really liked Buffalo (the campus, the people, etc.), but I withdraw post-acceptance for other reasons.
Good luck.

What is this essay all about???

the topics for essay change, i would guess. ours was "if u won $10M, what are the 3 things u would buy first and why".
the questions were very silly, and both interviewers asked some questions twice. lets see what i can remember:
1. describe your best friend.
2. tell a funny experience from your childhood.
3. did u ever have to deliver bad news? describe.
4. did u ever go out of your way to help someone?
5. why do u wanna be a doctor? of course
a lot of questions relate to your real (not hypothetical) experiences, which can be a good thing and a bad thing. hope this helps.
good luck

Thanks for all of the interview tips guys.