You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats!!! WE DID ITA!!!!! Cannot believe this is real life!
lemedlover332
Full Member
IS WL. Pretty upsetting since this was my first choice. Any idea when it is appropriate to send a LOI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LittleCoaks
Full Member
Sometime during April, since May is when WL movement usually startsIS WL. Pretty upsetting since this was my first choice. Any idea when it is appropriate to send a LOI?
Yes, As - 1pm, WLs - 1:50pm/2pmDid everyone get their As and WLs at the same time today similar to December?
tacocatgoatcheesepizza
Full Member
OOS WL, interviewed 2/23
did anyone able to join the groupchat. I cannot and it says request access. did you guys get any email after the results.
Anywhere2025
New Member
+1OOS WL, interviewed 2/2
BullEagle
Full Member
did anyone able to join the groupchat. I cannot and it says request access. did you guys get any email after the results.
You have to request to join because the chat was being inundated by bots. Had to filter them out otherwise we would keep getting blasted with essay-writing bot ads lol
NeuroticPremed123
Full Member
Does Jacobs hand out any R's prior to waitlist movement or did pretty much everyone get into the waitlist if they didn't get outright accepted?
Pretty much everyone is a WLDoes Jacobs hand out any R's prior to waitlist movement or did pretty much everyone get into the waitlist if they didn't get outright accepted?
Waitlisted on 3/25. OOS A just now! on 4/1 lol
rep_kestrel
Full Member
Congratulations!! Mind sharing your stats please?Waitlisted on 3/25. OOS A just now! on 4/1 lol
Wow I think ur the first to get off the WLWaitlisted on 3/25. OOS A just now! on 4/1 lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flataffect001
Full Member
interviewed 03/20 with radio silence since then
lol not me on the WL from December 🤣Wow I think ur the first to get off the WL
Okay same. I was wondering if I was anomaly lol. Like not an acceptance, WL, or rejection.interviewed 03/20 with radio silence since then
flataffect001
Full Member
I haven't seen anyone come on here and say they got rejected post interviewOkay same. I was wondering if I was anomaly lol. Like not an acceptance, WL, or rejection.
I take it we're looking at a waitlist, acceptance, or straight ghosted
Withdrew A. GL everyone!
BullEagle
Full Member
Question about the 4/29 Plan to Enroll deadline by Jacobs - if I am reading the email correctly, I am not allowed to select this option for any other schools? Even though per AMCAS rules I can still have this option for up to 3 schools?
I believe this means that if you want to go to Jacobs, you must have it selected as one of your three by that date.
does this include waitlists? ^
not yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flataffect001
Full Member
just got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice dayThere shouldn't be any waitlist movement until after May 1st when people commit to their schools
And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying
I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.
congrats! well-deserved sweet treat hahajust got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice day
And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying
I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.
I'm so happy to be wrong amazing to hear that there's movement already!just got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice day
And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying
I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.
Congrats! Were you put on WL in March or December?just got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice day
And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying
I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.
flataffect001
Full Member
Thank you 🙂Congrats! Were you put on WL in March or December?
Honestly I never received notice of being placed on the waitlist, just silence after March interview
And random A
Congrats on the A! It seems like however your A was from post-II and not from the WL correct? This means that they haven’t started pulling from the WL yetThank you 🙂
Honestly I never received notice of being placed on the waitlist, just silence after March interview
And random A
flataffect001
Full Member
Yup; I think I just went with the assumption that I was on the waitlist and would hear back next month if anything—I had a friend tell me they were accepted on May 1st last year so i prepared for the waitCongrats on the A! It seems like however your A was from post-II and not from the WL correct? This means that they haven’t started pulling from the WL yet
soccercity15
Full Member
has anyone received their fin aid award yet?
humble_grass12
Full Member
Packages won’t be released until May at the earliest. Directly from Financial Aid office.
FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).
FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).
soccercity15
Full Member
May at the earliest?? How are we supposed to compare fin aid awards and make a decision in advance of the April 30 deadline if we have multiple A?Packages won’t be released until May at the earliest. Directly from Financial Aid office.
FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).
lolo_79
New Member
Likely one reason why waitlist movement is relatively high here.May at the earliest?? How are we supposed to compare fin aid awards and make a decision in advance of the April 30 deadline if we have multiple A?
humble_grass12
Full Member
I mean, I think you can relatively gauge if you’ll get scholarships to help cover your tuition. If parental income was under 125,000$, you’re probably more likely to receive aid than the ~50% of USMD students who come from >125,000 yearly parental incomes.
Also, if you had like a 3.9 and 518+, probably a good spot for merit aid. Same can be said with research productivity.
Also, if you had like a 3.9 and 518+, probably a good spot for merit aid. Same can be said with research productivity.
soccercity15
Full Member
Yeah but why should I have to relatively gauge? It's wrong for schools to expect decisions about committing when students still haven't received all relevant financial aid information.I mean, I think you can relatively gauge if you’ll get scholarships to help cover your tuition. If parental income was under 125,000$, you’re probably more likely to receive aid than the ~50% of USMD students who come from >125,000 yearly parental incomes.
Also, if you had like a 3.9 and 518+, probably a good spot for merit aid. Same can be said with research productivity.
Scholarship received just nowPackages won’t be released until May at the earliest. Directly from Financial Aid office.
FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).
humble_grass12
Full Member
I was reiterating what Financial Aid directly told me, happy that things were moved up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rep_kestrel
Full Member
I think PTE is an AAMC deadline and it does mean you need to decline all other acceptances by April 30th, but you can confirm that by emailing them ig
Last edited:
humble_grass12
Full Member
I am waiting on the other schools' packages and aid. How am I suppose to decide by then?
Directly communicate with the other schools that you need to make a decision by April 29th and you are waiting for your financial aid package(s) to make this decision.
soccercity15
Full Member
just withdrew my A, best of luck to all
Any MD-PhD students have impressions from second look they can share? I'm on the waitlist and would appreciate a DM for your impressions!
mensinfirmaincorporesano!
New Member
Does anyone accepted know if they extended the deadline for CTE past 4/30 for the purposes of giving out aid packages bc of the FAFSA issues?