C+ in Adv Multivar Calc, No Calc I/II, Should I Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QueenAudrey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm dreaming/planning out my future course load for post-bac and trying to follow the "only retake courses you got a C or worse in" rule of thumb. Way back in the day, my undergrad had me skip Calc I and II and go straight into Advanced Multivariable Calc. Got a C+ (my only C in a pre-req so far).

1) Do I need to take Calc I and/or Calc II during post-bac for med school admissions? My transcript acknowledges that I placed out, but does not award numerical credit for those courses.

2) Do I need to retake "Advanced Multivariable Calculus" or can I get away with taking Biostatistics and/or Epidemiology to show math competence? I have an old B in Statistics from undergrad.

If it matters, I'm a career changer who doesn't need cGPA repair, just planning on taking the rest of my pre-reqs and a boatload of upper division science courses to prove that my brain hasn't atrophied post-Army.

Thanks for your time!
NN

Members don't see this ad.

1. Almost certainly, no. An overwhelming majority of med schools do not require calculus.

2. No, do not retake.