This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datpremedgirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well the question is why do you care. Your grades obviously will not effect each others curves if that's what you're worried about.

Reactions: 1 user
If it's the same as my school, they take the same lecture classes, but dental doesn't come to our small group / tbl sessions and they take different exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a pre-med forum. Ask the Harvard Faculty.

But as an aside, when I was in grad school, my classmates and I took classes with the med students. We did fine.

Hi SDN,

I just have a question out of curiosity. I heard that Harvard dental students take classes together with the med students, I was wondering if there is a difference in the caliber of the students. Are they students that could have gotten into Harvard med if they had applied? Do they perform as well as the med students? Also, how useful is it for dental students to take the same classes as the med students anyways?

Any insight into this?

Harvard SDM students are very very smart. Many of the people that attend have 99th+ percentile DAT scores and 3.85+ gpas.

If it's the same as my school, they take the same lecture classes, but dental doesn't come to our small group / tbl sessions and they take different exams.

I don't really understand the point of the OP's question. But my understanding is the integration is more extreme at Harvard, the dental students even do the clinic on Wednesdays with the Med students and Pathways is only PBL, so dental students are doing that too. In fact, as far as I can tell the dental students might as well be MS1s for the first year at Harvard that then specialize in teeth from MS2 onward.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My old lab mate is there right now and I'm fairly certain they have clinic time and even some impatient exposure. A very smart person I tell you. Many pubs before hand and actually won a CCFA research grant two years in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile