California DPT Applicants 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything from CSUN and CSULB? I haven't been placed on the waitlist for either :/

Members don't see this ad :)
\
Anyone heard anything from CSUN and CSULB? I haven't been placed on the waitlist for either :/
I heard back from Csun yesterday at 5 pm (PST) and got waitlisted, position #57. haven't heard from CSULB yet.

Has CSUN sent out any rejections yet or just acceptances and waitlist?

just got into USC!

Reactions: 2 users
just got into USC!
niceee, congrats :) , do you mind saying how was your stats that you got in? also are you planning to go to USC or you would rather other school?
thank you in advance :)

just got into USC!
Same! Proof USC is easier to get into than CSUN haha seeing that we’re both waitlisted at CSUN but got into USC. I don’t really plan on paying that much but will go to the open house and see what kinds of scholarships they have. How about you?

For anyone wondering their site says they accept ~200 students each year but matriculate 95-100 probably because of $$$. I think anyone with decent stats (3.5+ GPAs, 310 combined GRE) has a shot at getting in.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend got into USC with a 3.6, 3.7 pre req, and a 295 GRE!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad: California State University Northridge

Cumulative GPA: 3.82
Prerequisite GPA: 3.83
GRE: 152V, 145Q, 5.5 Writing
Hours: Aquatic pediatrics (12 hrs), outpatient clinic orthopedics (200 hrs), outpatient clinic pediatrics (156 hrs), outpatient clinic neuro, ortho, pelvic floor, oncology, sports (124 hrs), inpatient acute care hospital (76 hrs)
Extracurriculars: Group fitness instructor (1 semester), Pre-PT club president (2 years), Kinesiology Majors Club (4 years), Armenian Students Association (4 years), Teaching Assistant for exercise physiology (2 semesters), receptionist at PT clinic (6 years), and a few honor societies
LOR: 1 professor, 2 PTs
Nice Stats, where did you apply and any interviews or acceptances?

Anybody heard from Chapman University? Or got an acceptance/rejection letter from UoP after their interview in January?

Anybody heard from Chapman University? Or got an acceptance/rejection letter from UoP after their interview in January?

It may have been earlier in this thread, but I read somewhere on this forum that Chapman is waiting till the academic update period is over before sending out anything. That ends Feb. 15th I believe. So it may not be till then, I haven't heard a peep from them since they verified they received my application.

It may have been earlier in this thread, but I read somewhere on this forum that Chapman is waiting till the academic update period is over before sending out anything. That ends Feb. 15th I believe. So it may not be till then, I haven't heard a peep from them since they verified they received my application.

Ok, Thank you for letting me know!

Friend I work with got into Chapman. I think she heard about a week ago, not 100% sure but definitely recently. I don’t know her stats or when she submitted her apps though.

Friend I work with got into Chapman. I think she heard about a week ago, not 100% sure but definitely recently. I don’t know her stats or when she submitted her apps though.

Thank you! Do you happen to know if she applied for summer or fall?

Have you heard back from WesternU?
Hi!
I wanted to make this thread to help some other California DPT applicants!
Feel free to post your interview invites/decisions/stats :)
Also, if you have applied to the same programs as me, please feel free to let me know when they gave you your decision/ any updates you can offer, I'd love to know!

My stats:
Undergrad: CSUF (BS in Kinesiology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Pre-req: 3.6-7 (depending on the school)
GRE: 150 Quant, 156 Verbal, 3.5 AWA
Hours: 100+ inpatient, 400+ outpatient (3 different clinics)

Applied to: USC, WesternU, Florida In't, Northern Arizona, Cal State Northridge, Touro U (Nevada), Franklin Pierce (AZ), CSU Fresno, Loma Linda Univ, Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, CSU Long Beach, Chapman

Interviews: Loma Linda (invited on 8/30, Interview held on September 28th) and WesternU (Secondary verified 8/16, Invited for Interview on 10/22, Interview to be held on January 10th— declined interview), NAU (invited 10/31, Interview to be held December 1st), Fresno State (Invited 12/12, Interview to be held Feb 2, will decline), UNLV (invited December 28, to be held on Feb 1), Florida In't Univ (invited Jan 17th, Interview to be held Feb 9th)

Acceptances: Loma Linda University (12/6, accepted and will most likely attend), Franklin Pierce (12/12), NAU (12/12), Touro Univ Nevada (waitlisted 11/20, accepted 1/18)

Waitlist: CSUN #69

Rejections: N/A

This wait is killing me for UOP. I haven’t heard back yet either :/ I have an interview this weekend at SFSU still

Has anyone who interviewed for WesternU heard back yet? I interviewed January 17th and still haven't heard back.

I haven’t heard back from WesternU either, I interviewed on the 10th

Loma Linda acceptance letter anyone? They said that this week it would be sent out but I haven’t gotten one

Loma Linda acceptance letter anyone? They said that this week it would be sent out but I haven’t gotten one
They’re closed on Fridays and weekends. Hopefully by Friday next week! I would email Heather too...she actually told me I got in before I recieved my official letter.

Has anyone recently heard from USC ? I heard that they already have a waitlist. Does this mean that those who are not waitlisted till now, probably are not going to get accepted?
I'm loosing hope and I really wanted to get accepted :(((

LLU will be sending acceptance letters this week FYI

Does anyone know if USC will allow you to find out the number you are on the waitlist? I recently got an offer to be placed on the waitlist but I am wondering if they base their waitlist on how quickly you accept that offer or if they already have a ranking in place.

I just got an interview invite for WesternU on 11/21! I'll be interviewing on Jan 29th
Hey, how was your interview like at WesternU? I’d like to know what they asked!

Hi guys, just wanted to come on here and be a part of your stress of applying for PT school as well as relish in your happiness as each of you get accepted for a program. (I like to live vicariously through others LOL)

My stats:
Undergrad in Kinesiology: 3.5 cGPA at Cal state Fullerton
Pre req science GPA: 3.6ish pGPA
GRE: 145 Quant, 149 Verbal, 5.0 AW
Hours: 35 inpatient, 450+ outpatient

Applied to: CSULB, Chapman, Cal state Fresno, Loma Linda University, UoP, West Coast Uni, Western Uni of Health Sci, AT still university, Uni of St Augustine.

Interview invites:Cal state Fresno, Loma Linda University, UoP, West Coast Uni, Western Uni of health Sci, Uni of Saint Augustine
----Will be attending Cal state fresno, LLU, Western University of Health Science's, and St augustine's interview invites
----Declined West coast uni's and UoP's interview invites.

Rejections: AT still university
Acceptances: Loma Linda University, Uni of St augustine,
---waiting on cal state fresno's interview and interviewed for western last week (i think i got in)

waitlist: none

When I got my acceptance from Loma Linda I told my parents and my dad cried. When i asked him why he cried he responded," I did not think you would actually get into a Doctorate's program, yous stupid." Great to hear my own parents believed in me LOOL.

If anyone of you guys need help with essays, interview, questions, anything you may contact me and ask me i am always willing to help.
**For those of you that got into LLU, you guys will probably be my classmates in June =]
Hey, did you attend the WesternU interview? If so, do you think you can help me how to ace the interview for their program specifically?!?