California DPT Applicants 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya a month before you in October, so I feel like I either am getting rejected or put into the alt list since it’s been so long already

Its wierd because you and i should have gotten priority since we were like the first groups interviewing

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Its wierd because you and i should have gotten priority since we were like the first groups interviewing
Maybe we did bad in the interview? Or maybe they found someone better throughout the process?ahhh getting stressed

Got a rejection letter from WesternU. Pretty surprised, but luckily got 2 other acceptances.
Good luck to everyone!!

Got a rejection letter from WesternU. Pretty surprised, but luckily got 2 other acceptances.
Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats on your acceptances!
I was wondering if I could message you regarding WesternU interview?

Congrats! How did you like the program and what did you think about the area? Also, how was your interview? I’m nervous
So I actually grew up in the orange county area so it really isn't too far from home for me. Campus is small and all grad school which I liked. I think the program was actually really cool and I'm happy I got in. Don't stress about the interview. Use it to showcase your personality and show them that youd be a good fit for their cohort. And I actually had fun with the essay. The essay wasn't a serious prompt so relax. You are already liked on paper so it's all about your persona now.

Maybe we did bad in the interview? Or maybe they found someone better throughout the process?ahhh getting stressed

Maybe. I also heard they mostly take in people from their religion, so don't feel too bad about it bro

Hi everyone.

I haven't seen much chatter about Mt. St. Mary's acceptances... Has anyone accepted their spot there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone.

I haven't seen much chatter about Mt. St. Mary's acceptances... Has anyone accepted their spot there?
I got accepted to MSMU in December. I barely accepted yesterday tho lol

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to MSMU in December. I barely accepted yesterday tho lol

Cragratulations! Maybe I will see you there if I get moved up from the waitlist.

I'm guessing you were waiting for other acceptances before MSMU?

Just got waitlisted for Chapman Fall cohort

Just got waitlisted for Chapman Fall cohort
Do they specifically tells you that you are on the wait list? I got an email from them stating "We are still reviewing other applicants and we have not yet made final decisions. At this time, you are still being considered for admission". And I am unsure if this mean I am wait-listed.

Did anyone apply for both summer and fall for for chapman? I'm waitlisted for summer but have yet to hear anything back regarding my application for fall. I submitted them at the same time :/

Did anyone apply for both summer and fall for for chapman? I'm waitlisted for summer but have yet to hear anything back regarding my application for fall. I submitted them at the same time :/

I only applied for fall but got waitlisted for summer for some reason. How do you feel about them not conducting interviews as part of the process?

Hello everyone, I was just told that LLU (Loma Linda University) already has a full cohort for class of 2022. But they are still interviewing for their alternate list just in case students decline their offer. Also, they said after the last couple of interviews, they will be emailing me regarding my rank if im in the alternate list.

Has anyone got accepted into LLU but declining their seat? thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, my friend might if he gets accepted to his top school so gl !

Hi guys, just wanted to come on here and be a part of your stress of applying for PT school as well as relish in your happiness as each of you get accepted for a program. (I like to live vicariously through others LOL)

My stats:
Undergrad in Kinesiology: 3.5 cGPA at Cal state Fullerton
Pre req science GPA: 3.6ish pGPA
GRE: 145 Quant, 149 Verbal, 5.0 AW
Hours: 35 inpatient, 450+ outpatient

Applied to: CSULB, Chapman, Cal state Fresno, Loma Linda University, UoP, West Coast Uni, Western Uni of Health Sci, AT still university, Uni of St Augustine.

Interview invites:Cal state Fresno, Loma Linda University, UoP, West Coast Uni, Western Uni of health Sci, Uni of Saint Augustine
----Will be attending Cal state fresno, LLU, Western University of Health Science's, and St augustine's interview invites
----Declined West coast uni's and UoP's interview invites.

Rejections: AT still university
Acceptances: Loma Linda University, Uni of St augustine,
---waiting on cal state fresno's interview and interviewed for western last week (i think i got in)

waitlist: none

When I got my acceptance from Loma Linda I told my parents and my dad cried. When i asked him why he cried he responded," I did not think you would actually get into a Doctorate's program, yous stupid." Great to hear my own parents believed in me LOOL.

If anyone of you guys need help with essays, interview, questions, anything you may contact me and ask me i am always willing to help.
**For those of you that got into LLU, you guys will probably be my classmates in June =]

Congrats on getting in!! I was wondering if you mine sharing when the deadline is to turn in a reply (acceptance/decline) to LLU and USA to gauge when they will start sending out letters to their alternate list. Thank you! :]

Hi, their deadline to accept for me was January 16th ! And USA i declined so i don't know the deadline for them. LLU sent out some of their alternate list emails as of two days ago on february 6th, hope that helps =] !

Hi, anyone else heard from CSULB
or WeaternU? I’m on high-tier wait list with CSULB and interviewed with WesternU two weeks ago. Getting so nervous.

I am on the waitlist for western U, they still interviewing so you still got a chance to get in, goodluck!

Hi, their deadline to accept for me was January 16th ! And USA i declined so i don't know the deadline for them. LLU sent out some of their alternate list emails as of two days ago on february 6th, hope that helps =] !
thank you! :)

So I actually grew up in the orange county area so it really isn't too far from home for me. Campus is small and all grad school which I liked. I think the program was actually really cool and I'm happy I got in. Don't stress about the interview. Use it to showcase your personality and show them that youd be a good fit for their cohort. And I actually had fun with the essay. The essay wasn't a serious prompt so relax. You are already liked on paper so it's all about your persona now.

Would you mind telling us how long the essay is? It's hard not to be nervous!

Chapman Fall waitlist people, when did you apply? I'm a little nervous because I applied late. I got waitlisted but not sure the likelihood of actually getting in.

Was in all of you guys' shoes last year. You can check my posts to see my stats, but currently at MSMU for my second semester. Feel free to ask me any questions!

got in to USC (1/4) and UCSF (2/10) and wondering if anyone here has any input on where to go... (i posted another thread but im kinda desperate for advice haha) SF is out of state for me so its 150k and USC is 170k with a scholarship I got.

Just got in Fresno and will most likely attending :)

Hi breadybread, I would go to UCSF because it is 20k cheaper and because they interview so you know the people there are going to be more social if that is what you like ! (Which means higher probability of getting along with your classmates)

Waitlisted at chapman!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like an outlier (though I haven't read every post here) and so wanted to share in case it encourages others! Making a major career change late in my 20s with a nontraditional path to PT school, took all of my prerequisites (except one) in one year and did all of my observation hours in the same year.

My stats:
Undergrad: UIW (BA, Comm Arts/Journalism w/ Photography minor)
Cumulative GPA: 3.7
Pre-req: ~3.9
GRE: 157 Quant, 162 Verbal, 4.0 AWA
Hours: ~150 outpatient (1 primary clinic, 3 other 1-day observations at different locations)

Applied to: UCSF/SFSU, University of Colorado, Army-Baylor, Texas State University

Interviews: Army-Baylor (10/31 by phone)
UCSF/SFSU (2/1 in person)

Acceptances: UCSF/SFSU (2/4 phone call @ ~10 am)

Rejections: UC (12/14 email)
TSU (11/13 email - "you did not complete the application requirements by the deadline")
Army-Baylor (11/15 email)

I am ecstatic with my acceptance into UCSF/SFSU and will begin there in June. Last year's application cycle was somewhat designed to be a dry run while I finished classes and worked to accrue more observation hours (not to mention actually studied for the GRE as I only took it one time and barely studied). Super glad I took a leap of faith and decided to apply to a few choice schools "early", as it were.

Did anyone recently got accepted to USC ? If you are you planning to accept it ?